The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by doomeddisciple »

The only time I like to be in a vehicle in these types of games is shooting at other vehicles from one.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I loved the races in Sleeping Dogs and if they were more like that I'd be into it.

Basically just make it like Sleeping Dogs please
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

The Bill, did you start Deadly Premonition yet? I picked it up today and am about to fire it up. I missed the original on Xbox but always wanted to play it after hearing people talking/arguing about it.
james wrote:portable auschwitz
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

storm shadow wrote:The Bill, did you start Deadly Premonition yet? I picked it up today and am about to fire it up. I missed the original on Xbox but always wanted to play it after hearing people talking/arguing about it.

No, Amazon says it's not coming till next Tuesday. I did try the 360 version years ago, and while I was into the universe it took place in, the controls were unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable. I couldn't even navigate the main menu without a travesty happening. So, being that the PS3 fixes this, I'm hoping for something out there. Oh, graphics are horrendous, think of it as an early PS2 title you just discovered.

Speaking of unacceptable. I learned of a trick in the SOTN that is impossible for me to because the 360 D-Pad is shit and I think doing it with the analogue maybe next to impossible on either PS3/360 do to the nature of the movement you need to preform constantly. I had it going for a while, but then for no reason it just wouldn't work :nopizza: and I swear, it wasn't my fault:

Blood Dragon is Far Cry 3, no doubt about it. Starts off kind of weak actually, but gets going after the villain is revealed. Tell you what, the Blood Dragons themselves make me damn nervous about venturing the country side.

Had to wake up super early again, without much sleep, so it's a nap for me today. Then with a clearer head and hopefully better spirit I'll see what I'm playing today. Most likely more SOTN. I want beer today.
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

I only played an hour or two of Deadly Premonition yesterday but :awesome: :lol: :invcross:

I know I haven't even gotten into the real stupidity yet, but it's already everything I'd hoped it would be, super silly and weird and shitty-in-a-good-way. I think the enemies are actually really creepy too. Very excited to delve into this odd game this weekend.

Also, there's more GOG stuff on sale this weekend for you olde-timey PC bamin' mens. Ultima, Wing Commander, Crusader, SimCity, Syndicate...and most importantly Alpha Centauri. If you never played Alpha Centauri FUCKING DO IT

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_pro ... omo_030513

james wrote:portable auschwitz
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

fabulous news
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

so it involves a "fund raising campaign". i assume kickstarter? if so, i'm in. i regret not getting in on the new wasteland and shadowrun, so not missing out this time.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

as good as ED was i'm not sure how willing i am to throw dennis dyack money blindly at this point after Too Human :?
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

copstache wrote:as good as ED was i'm not sure how willing i am to throw dennis dyack money blindly at this point after Too Human :?
that seems to be how everyone is approaching this news, but fuck that promo vid looked fucking sweet, and supposedly they've been working on this for a while. i'll wait until sunday and see what this money funding shit is about before making a decision, but fucking ETERNAL DARKNESS!!! it and the thief games are the only games to get to me to achieve total immersion. if the sequel can at least come close to that then i'm all in.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I was thinking today and realized that the number one reason I didn't like Deus Ex: HR was because you could only have one battery to regenerate over time and had to fill the rest yourself.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

that trailer looked great :shock:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

NIKOMYCUZN
ImageImageImage
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Fine The Bill, if that's the sort of shit I can expect you to pull in this thread I see now that if I'm to maintain a proper balance in the cosmos I have no choice but to downloading Symphony of the Night from PSN

That's fine

You want it that way, that's fine
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:Fine The Bill, if that's the sort of shit I can expect you to pull in this thread I see now that if I'm to maintain a proper balance in the cosmos I have no choice but to downloading Symphony of the Night from PSN

That's fine

You want it that way, that's fine
Are you like The Bill? Never played this game before? Get ready for culture shock by being a vampire that's complete Hetero! In this day and age we sometimes forget that vamps aren't really brooding young adults with 99 problems and a bitch is number 1. You know who's the number one problem here? Fucking Dracula! Not Angel, or the Vampier Diary boys, or Bill True Blood, or Ann Rice Lesbos, or twinkle twinkle little star. You're going to fight Dracula! As a Western culture I fear that media has redefined our brain muscle memory to think of Twilight when we hear the word vampire. As a boy I'd think Dracula or Castlevania. Thank you, Symphony of the Night, for rewriting my brain back to the past.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

No, as a matter of fact I'm something of a man of the world and have personally played this game and a number of others many times over; not the sort of man who finds himself concerned with the idea of an upside-down castle or completion percentages that somehow breach and exceed 100%. Frankly it's just not troubling for a gentleman of my stature in the video game world.. as a matter of fact I'll probably finish this playthrough sometime tonight or tomorrow, if my current projections are accurate..
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:as good as ED was i'm not sure how willing i am to throw dennis dyack money blindly at this point after Too Human :?
I actually had some fun with Too Human :oops: and there's no chance in hell I'll fund this ED kickstarter. They took money from Nintendo, Activision and Epic and still fucked around. Imagine what they'll do when they don't have the threat of corporate lawyers. They released what in the last 6-7 years...Too Human and that joke of an X-Men game? :betternotstartanyshit: The whole deal sounds kind of fishy. $1.5 million to fund the first episode with a season pass that contains episodes 1-12....where's the money for 2-12 going to come from?
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:No, as a matter of fact I'm something of a man of the world and have personally played this game and a number of others many times over; not the sort of man who finds himself concerned with the idea of an upside-down castle or completion percentages that somehow breach and exceed 100%. Frankly it's just not troubling for a gentleman of my stature in the video game world.. as a matter of fact I'll probably finish this playthrough sometime tonight or tomorrow, if my current projections are accurate..
I'd like to believe all thus stuff you wrote, yet, what is a man? A miserable pile of secrets.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Are you a man, Riley-o?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Best idea off the top of the drunk. Bobble Booble vs Rondo of Blood. iPad game. Make it so.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Pisscubes wrote:I just looked at Dawn of Sorrow on youtube and the thing looks just like SOTN. ORDERED.
Aria of Sorrow comes before it, and is in the same style. So are Circle of the Moon, and Harmony of Dissonance (though I think they came after). Konami realized the hit formula they had with SotN and developed these DS titles to be subtly improved versions/sequels. All are awesome and worth playing.

Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission are excellent as well.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

so all the "puzzles" in Police Quest 1 consist of following police procedures as outlined in the manual. I remember thinking this game was so cool when I was kid, but it's pretty lame now. I may try Police Quest 3 now - but I was hoping for more detective work.... would LA Noire be a better solution?

I'm afraid to touch Dark Souls right now because I like having a life away from the PS3 controller.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

caldwell.the.great wrote:I'm afraid to touch Dark Souls right now because I like having a life away from the PS3 controller.
Dark Souls has been my go to game this past school year because it's easy to level your state of involvement as necessary (ie. Easy to multitask with it if needed). Also, most games I abandon for life or other reasons I have to put a big commitment into starting back up, but with Dark Souls I'm always able to get fully involved within a minute of booting it up, no matter how long I've been away from the game.

But then you might be one of the other many people here who can't stop until you've sunk 100+ hours non-stop. NG++ in two days naked type shit.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

i have a tendency to get sucked into games, but not quite that bad. at worst I'm up until 4 AM on the weekend before I realize what's going on - and then I wonder if I shouldn't have read a book or something instead. More of a time management thing than a "I'm calling into work so I can play my game all day" thing.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

a world of no wrote:NG++ in two days
pffff not without a walkthrough
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I like this SOTN so much that I may get the PSN version just to see the minutes worth if video the 360 version is missing. Hopefully it's not that different looking without the filter.