The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by a world of no »

super metroid is the king universe emperor of this style, as it really started it all and will never be topped. metroid zero mission is the rebooted ultra awesome version of the first, and that makes it fucking awesome as fuck and not to be missed.

love symphony and all the castelvania stuff that followed, but they can't touch the original metroid shit. i got burned out on the all the handheld metrovania games though. they really started to blend. sotn will always reign though.

i've been itching to redo prime the past few months after i got my gamecube up and running again. soon as this semester ends i'm going for it.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

Wang Mandu wrote:Play Police Quest 4, caldwell. I will never forget that main villain.
jesus christ, no. i replayed it a few months ago and it was fucking terrible. the only good thing i can say is that i finished it in about three hours. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Granted, the last time I played that game was shortly after it came out but...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...setting a pixelated tranny serial killer on fire wasn't worth those three probably didn't age well at all hours??? :lol:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

riley-o wrote:as a matter of fact I'll probably finish this playthrough sometime tonight or tomorrow, if my current projections are accurate..
Still got it 8)
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
caldwell.the.great wrote:i'm starting as a cleric just because, but i get the feeling i'll be starting new characters as I go in and discover what effect my choices have had
i assume clerics are good for faith builds? i had a lot of fun with a faith/strength build... helped a lot of people beat bosses and leveled up the sun bros covenant for cool miracles and used a +15 demon's great axe that dropped from the taurus demon. the healing miracles are pretty damn useful too, especially in PVP/co-op
yup - Cleric starts with high faith and decent strength and I was thinking of doing mostly co-op, just so long as this flickering graphic business gets solved. I've looked up a little about miracles and covenants, but will go exploring and discover what I can about its mechanics alone. then maybe restart with a specific build in mind.

having the ability to heal on top of the flasks you're given is a bonus though, and probably the primary reason I went with Cleric. plus, when I played Demon Souls, I started as a magic casting character but found I enjoyed melee more by the end of the game, so I'm building with a fighter in mind this time.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:
riley-o wrote:
riley-o wrote:as a matter of fact I'll probably finish this playthrough sometime tonight or tomorrow, if my current projections are accurate..
Still got it 8)
:tup:

Riley: Making the Video Game Trains Run on Time.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Recommend some PSOne games, yo. Anything NOT turn based. Already have SOTN, MGS, Silent Hill, RE, & RE2. At 1080p and with smoothing I'm loving the idea of playing games from a console I never owned, nor barely played. Also, I own Twisted Metal 2.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Bushido Blade - always loved this game and still nothing quite like it today.

Guilty Gear - still a great 2D fighter.

Wipeout & Wipeout XL

Driver - not so sure how well it will hold up today, but I used to love this fucking game. Great story mode, open kind of world driving game.

not a ton of great shooters (shmpups) on the system compared to Saturn but there are these for sure:
Einhander
Thunderforce V
R-Type Delta
Gradius Gaiden
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

valgalder wrote:Bushido Blade
yeah. first thing that came to mind. :tup:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

don't know how I forgot one of my favorite PS1 games, Tecmo's Deception (the first one, not the shitty sequels). If you've ever played the Fatal Frame games, this was the same team I believe. Probably the most dark, evil game i've ever played.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

totally late to the party here but the mass effect 2 pc controls are terrible. and there's no controller support AT ALL. if you have over 100 keys to work with, why would you make sprint, use, and cover all be the same button? why would you remove the ability to press J to bring up the journal or M for map, opting instead to have you hit esc, use their stupid menu, and browse to it that way?

i'm so over everything EA

at least you can hack in a console and change the FOV. which then resets itself everytime you hit a load screen :fp:

seriously, the FOV is about 70
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

8)
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

yeah i know, especially for a game like Mass Effect
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:totally late to the party here but the mass effect 2 pc controls are terrible. and there's no controller support AT ALL. if you have over 100 keys to work with, why would you make sprint, use, and cover all be the same button? why would you remove the ability to press J to bring up the journal or M for map, opting instead to have you hit esc, use their stupid menu, and browse to it that way?

i'm so over everything EA

at least you can hack in a console and change the FOV. which then resets itself everytime you hit a load screen :fp:

seriously, the FOV is about 70
Old timey, PC RPG studio gets lazy with big M$ and PS 3 bucks. User to tell good stories now is joke at saloon reselling grand tales differently so that the prospectors don't punch him in the mouth when they get to drunk.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:
valgalder wrote:Bushido Blade
yeah. first thing that came to mind. :tup:
Game ruled so hard, like Dark Souls levels of white knuckle tension. It's a shame no one has put out an Xbox Live / PSN downloadable remake of that game.
copstache wrote:totally late to the party here but the mass effect 2 pc controls are terrible. and there's no controller support AT ALL.
None of the Mass Effect games support controllers even though people bitched about it since the first game. Bioware's excuse was something like they didn't have time to add them or that they full customized PC specific controls, lol. :wank: Laziest studio in the world.....one man indie games have controller support.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Typically I wouldn't care all that much but this game was clearly not made with mouse controls in mind. Shooting feels weird and imprecise. You can't double click menu items, you have to select something and then click ok on the other side if the screen for each layer of menu. It fails GUI 101 on just about every level.

The first game had menus custom made for the pc version. It at least felt like someone put some effort into it. Lazy lazy lazy.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I didn't get very far in ME1 on the PC, mostly because I found the action sequences very bizarre and difficult - thought I was just a pussy...!
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/m ... et-doesnt/
The quotation also implicitly confirms another rumor: the next Xbox will sport an HDMI input, to allow cable boxes to be hooked up for live TV viewing. Our sources tell us that the console will be able to provide TV listings and similar information.
:mastoman: :mastoman:

If I can run my DirectTV through my xbox, that is fucking awesome. Fuck you guys.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

So I'm definitely loving Blood Dragon way more than I ever did Far Cry 3. No bullshit AAA padding or grasping melodrama about an ultimate frisbee player turned tropical Rambo, just dick jokes, laser dragons, and glorious neon and scan lines. I find myself avoiding story missions because I just don't want it to end.

Really hope they follow through on the sequel. :tup: BIEHN
james wrote:portable auschwitz
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

EA's going to be making all the star wars games for a while. :?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

it's not all in the jungle, there's some pretty cool set pieces in there. keep playing
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky wrote:EA's going to be making all the star wars games for a while. :?
Oh well, it's not like Star Wars games haven't sucked for the last decade. Business as usual.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote:EA's going to be making all the star wars games for a while. :?
Oh well, it's not like Star Wars games haven't sucked for the last decade. Business as usual.
I wouldn't hold my breath for anything major. I imagine iPhones get a bunch of stupid shit first for awhile.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

TheDOAD wrote:
FUck man. why is every game IN THE FUCKING JUNGLE.
I understand what you're saying, but after years of them all taking place in desolate/destroyed cities, sewers or ware houses/buildings it's still fresh to me. Trying to think what non-alien world landscape would be fresh now. A marsh? A tundra? A Castlevania?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

FUCK the last fight in bioshock infinite

fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck :x :x

last night i was asked to calm down for probably the first time in my adult gaming life

first thing i'm doing tonight is switching to easy and ending this :|