The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

I need to beat the first Metro before I even ponder the second. Doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

Had to calm down a bit with the SOTN. Getting obsessed with it. Listening to the soundtrack to and from work. Ignoring my wife in favor of playing it. But, man, I can't even think of another game that I would stop right at the end of just to replay it from scratch on another console, just because it had a few better bells and whistles.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:I need to beat the first Metro before I even ponder the second. Doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

Had to calm down a bit with the SOTN. Getting obsessed with it. Listening to the soundtrack to and from work. Ignoring my wife in favor of playing it. But, man, I can't even think of another game that I would stop right at the end of just to replay it from scratch on another console, just because it had a few better bells and whistles.
So far I am enjoying Dawn of Sorrow and find it very comparable to SOTN.
I may play Resident Evil Director's cut or Deadly Premonition Director's cut after I'm done with SOTN, but for sure I'll be playing Aria of Sorrow soon after. If that licks my balls like SOTN then I'll purchase the 3DS, just for Dawn of Sorrow, alone. I actually played some of Dawn of Sorrow at work on a DS emulator, but playing with just a keyboard is rough during the first boss fight.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:I need to beat the first Metro before I even ponder the second. Doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

I may play Resident Evil Director's cut or Deadly Premonition Director's cut after I'm done with SOTN, but for sure I'll be playing Aria of Sorrow soon after. If that licks my balls like SOTN then I'll purchase the 3DS, just for Dawn of Sorrow, alone. I actually played some of Dawn of Sorrow at work on a DS emulator, but playing with just a keyboard is rough during the first boss fight.
I am still absolutely loving my 3Ds. I play mostly puzzle games on it before bed, but think it handles things like Castlevania fucking awesome too. So far I have zero regrets about my purchase.
I haven't played it in a million years, but I think I should give the original RE another try. Any advice or forewarning?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:

I am still absolutely loving my 3Ds. I play mostly puzzle games on it before bed, but think it handles things like Castlevania fucking awesome too. So far I have zero regrets about my purchase.
I haven't played it in a million years, but I think I should give the original RE another try. Any advice or forewarning?
You know how much I love RE as a series. It's well established. The thing is... I find the original almost unplayable in parts. It's REALLY clunky. And this is coming from someone who plays and beats RE2 twice a year.

If you can find a way to get your hands on the remake of RE1-- DO IT. That bame is fucking great.
Nah! I need to start playing these games I buy, and I bought RE:DC from the PSN. I mean, if it's unplayable or I get tired of it I'll admit defeat or disinterest, and delete it. Kind of like with nu-Devil May Cry. I just can't muster any more interest in it, and I'm done. No real ego trip or shame about it. Bioshock: Infinite broke me in terms of what I should be playing and if a game isn't doing it for me I'm done. Before when I was playing Aliens: Colonial Marines I tried to force myself to finish it. Now, I'm done with all that and done doing that to myself.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Probably wasn't a good idea to play Singularity or Undying after Bioshock: Infinite, huh? Kind of like how I used to have a love/bore relationship with Borderlands 2, now it's strictly a chore to play. A good bit of old PSOne titles I've never played, and that aren't the norm for present console games, might be the medicine I need.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Finally settled in enough to download and play Blood Dragon for a bit. I'm pretty sure this is the greatest thing since the invention of the personal computer.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

guardianoftheblind wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Anyone getting Metro Last Light?
i really want to, but i've got a lot on my plate right now. before the summer is over i will for sure
Same here. Want to support that game on release but.I have so many unplayed.or barely played games.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:John Carpenter's Dead Space?

Would watch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/09/ ... space-film
Everything about this article makes me happy. Too bad he probably won't get a chance to make the movie, but I'd so be on board if he did.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

spacehamster wrote:Finally settled in enough to download and play Blood WaterBuffalo for a bit. I'm pretty sure this is the greatest thing since the invention of the personal computer.
:tup: :tup: :tup:

I really love how when you're not close enough to do a melee attack the melee button makes him give the finger. :lol:

Seriously, they can't make a sequel soon enough. I actually want DLC for Blood Dragon! I went back to vanilla Far Cry 3 afterwards and it feels nearly unplayable now. Even setting aside all the humor and style in BD, there's just so much less padding and wasted space. All killer, no filler. Unlike SOME games I could name.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
What I'm trying to say is that it's better than Bioshock.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
james wrote:portable auschwitz
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Pisscubes wrote:Now you're just trying to provoke me with your anti-Bioshock propaganda. :betternotstartanyshit:
Hahaha :lhug:

Here's a video of Saint's Row 4 in action: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/09/7- ... v-gameplay

I was kind of thinking "eh, pretty much just looks like an SR3 expansion pack" (dubstep gun :roll: )...until they got to the superpowers part. :shock: I really loved the Prototype games because it was like they finally made a Miracleman video game, where you're an omnipotent god to whom mortals are just insects...and this basically looks like that, plus the ability to hit pedestrians with the Stone Cold Stunner. I really hope this game has as much content as the second one though, a lot of the time in 3 it felt like all the wackiness was a way to cover up the fact that the scope and amount of activities had been pretty drastically curtailed.

Now if they'd just make a game based on The Authority with this kind of open world, superpowered violence plus the massive-scale battles of Earth Defense Force... infinite :mastoman:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the dubstep gun made me chuckle but when he turned on superpowers and went tearassing down the street and basically jumped over a city, i needed the game immediately :mastoman:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pictures from Terminator 2 get me so fucking excited :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

spacehamster wrote:

Would watch.

Everything about this article makes me happy. Too bad he probably won't get a chance to make the movie, but I'd so be on board if he did.
Watch or re-watch Ghosts of Mars (a not too different premise) and report back with your expectations...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah don't do what ross says :evil:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

dubstep gun was a definite LOL
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

I just got round to watching the Zero Punctuation review of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and it features two of the best comments on Metal Gear I've ever heard:
Raiden can slice up robot monsters until he grows his first pube and he still wouldn't be as engaging as the two leads in MGS4: the two most socially inept men on the planet living in a sexless gay marriage.
...Wackiness placed alongside cringingly awkward drama is entirely expected in a Metal Gear game. Hideo Kojima writes like someone who has never left his house or spoken to another human being, except when renting another cartload of bad action movies and anime.
:lol: :lol:

As a longtime Metal Gear apologist, I have to say that I really liked the game and had infinitely more fun with it than MGS4. But as excited as I was to play a new Metal Gear game, I was equally excited to test drive Platinum Games' follow-up to Vanquish, which is probably--no kidding--my favorite game of this generation. Highly recommended (MGS:R and Vanquish both). DLC next week.
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

tried to get into metal gear rising but it just made me want to replay bayonetta
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Pisscubes wrote:Color me officially interested in Watch Dogs. Maybe not day one yet, but still-- interested.

http://www.destructoid.com/exploring-th ... 3434.phtml
this and "Remember Me" are bringing the bonerstorm apocalypse for me.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i knew nothing about remember me until a few minutes ago and now, barring crap reviews, it's probably a day one buy for me. traversal, melee combat, memory remixes (so cool in the video i saw), future paris setting... the fact it's a new studio is the only thing somewhat worrying
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Fuck it. $37.50 for Metro: Last Light, done.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Weary of GOG? Well, System Shock 2 is now available on Steam, hacker.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

spacehamster wrote:

Would watch.

I was just discussing with sweaty last night how it pisses me off that no one is throwing a huge budget behind John Carpenter. Its like, he made the Thing, and they'll big-budget remake it with a different director, but OG Carpenter is stuck making mediocre low(ish)-budget titles like "The Ward."
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

My newest finished project. Original Gameboy with pro sound RCA output, pro sound 1/8th output, pumpkin envy v4 backlight, and a bivert chip installed then the polarizing film rotated to give it the best contrast possible. Most was easy except for installing the bivert chip. I love it though. Totally worth it.

I also got LSDJ to kinda mess around with making some chip tunes on it. Won't have that for a few more days though. I also won an auction last night for the Japanese versions of Mario's Picross, Mario's Picross 2, and Dr. Mario. Love the Picross games.
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

What's that pink thing in the background? A heart? A pink duck? Ducks aren't pink.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

The Bill wrote:What's that pink thing in the background? A heart? A pink duck? Ducks aren't pink.
Actually from the Reeelapse Secret Santa from jakebonz. It's a stuffed swine flu virus.
i like to dissect women