The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by doomeddisciple »

Ascention? It was ok.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Also, the last full fledged God of War game is on PSN Plus for 10 bucks. I played the demo and thought it decent, but never had the urge to buy it. Still, I fucking LOVE GOW 1-3, so I'll certainly pay 10 bucks for this. It's 35 fucking gb :shock:
By Zeus, I started then stopped playing the first God of War game about 8 times thus far in my career. I can never go further than around the part where the Medusa Head is acquired. I always just stop playing. Castlevania is a little like GOW, so maybe that will teach me some sort of new found patience for the series.

Was all gang-ho to play more Castlevania last night when I felt like I was getting sick AGAIN. I think I've had around 2 colds and 2 flu-like sicknesses this season. I'm blaming diseases via my kids going to school, but every time I've felt ill I've had zero desire to play games. A far cry from my youth, to be sure.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Also, the last full fledged God of War game is on PSN Plus for 10 bucks. I played the demo and thought it decent, but never had the urge to buy it. Still, I fucking LOVE GOW 1-3, so I'll certainly pay 10 bucks for this. It's 35 fucking gb :shock:
By Zeus, I started then stopped playing the first God of War game about 8 times thus far in my career. I can never go further than around the part where the Medusa Head is acquired. I always just stop playing. Castlevania is a little like GOW, so maybe that will teach me some sort of new found patience for the series.

Was all gang-ho to play more Castlevania last night when I felt like I was getting sick AGAIN. I think I've had around 2 colds and 2 flu-like sicknesses this season. I'm blaming diseases via my kids going to school, but every time I've felt ill I've had zero desire to play games. A far cry from my youth, to be sure.
Did you ever play God of War 2? Best game in a good series. It's amazing.
No. I started the first one about 8 times and quit, and played 3 up until I reached a puzzle I wasn't the mood for and stopped that as well. I have all three (plus two PSP/Vita titles) from the GOW HD collection. I'm going to beat 1 before I touch 2, it will happen... one day.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Also, Far Cry 3 is now on PSP for about 20 bucks.

Since I'm planning on coming home and tomorrow afternoon and having a day of horrible game, gin and taco sloth-- I'm going to be armed to the teeth with what I want to play. Downloaded the new GOW, downloaded FC3 (sold my copy a year ago), bought Halo 4 and Gears of War 3 at the local pawnshop for 5 bucks a piece and have more steam games than I can shake a stick at. Tomorrow is going to be amazing.
Well, of all those games, I found that Halo 4 was the easiest to play really drunk. Gears of War 3 was the most boring to play drunk. Far Cry 3 was the hardest to play drunk, especially during special animal hunts. And God of War is ??? drunk or sober.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I remember pushing and pulling boxes when I played GOW 1 & 3. I hate those kinds of puzzles. I was pushing a box in GOW 3 and I remember just pausing the game and saying out load, "I don't want to do this." and never touched the game since. For all the blood and tits that GOW entices me with, I always remember pushing a box and never wanting to do that again.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

HEY PS4 AND VITA OWNERS

aka schwaiger and copstache/maybe one other person

does the PS4 have social stuff that's more similar to the Vita than the PS3? i like how on the Vita you can see what stuff your friends have done recently in games, like new trophies, beating stuff, etc. also, apparently Guacamelee is extremely popular with about half my friends list... the update area is like 10 screens long.

SUBJECT CHANGE: has anyone played proteus? the giant bombcast GOTY pt 1 yesterday got me interested in it, and it's on PS+ this week for like $5, but i've read it's like an hour? i'm not an "every game needs to be 50 hours to be worth it" kind of guy, but that seems preeeetty steep even on sale...
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

ps4 has a newswire screen most like tumblr that shows every achievement, trophy, game, you have gotten or played on a timeline
its pretty cool to see the different achievements pop up for games you are playing that others are
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah the ps4 news stuff is actually handled pretty well. it's not obtrusive if you don't want to see it but pretty in-depth when you do. it's kind of like the vita thing? but probably better. i never actually look at the vita one.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Downloaded and set up a ton of Fallout New Vegas mods but might try to finish a few smaller games before getting sucked back into that world.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

:tup: By the end of my very extensive New Vegas playthrough almost all of my attention became focused on the mods. Completing the weapon rack in the Underground Base was a joyous obsession.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

January is looking pretty damn solid for PS+, especially if you haven't played Bioshock Infinite.

there's that, plus:
DMC (the new reboot)
Brothers (fucking awesome, almost bought this like four times)
Don't Starve - PS4
Smart As... - Vita
some Worms game - Vita

I never would have bought DMC, but it's got decent reviews and I'm always down for a 3rd person action game. and after Hitman Absolution, which I will finally beat today goddammit, it should seem... very fun in comparison :?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I got DMC for cheap. It requires a strong stomach for the fucking retarded, but it's a lot if fun to play.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

got a used new vegas ultimate edition. fuck life..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i think i can actually load everything up and just return it and get my money back and still play all the shit with my original copy :?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

copstache wrote:I got DMC for cheap. It requires a strong stomach for the fucking retarded, but it's a lot if fun to play.
nice :tup: i watched a few cinemas and they seem... well yeah, fucking retarded :lol: definitely looks fun as hell though
FVBTVS wrote:got a used new vegas ultimate edition. fuck life..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i think i can actually load everything up and just return it and get my money back and still play all the shit with my original copy :?
pathetic...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
yes you can, and i'm doing the same thing with the borderlands 2 GOTY edition as soon as i find a used copy 8)
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I sort of want to put Castlevania: LOS on hold and start up Bats tonight. I know this would be a huge mistake and it would mean I'm really never going to want to come back to Castlevania. Castlevania is good, sometimes really good. Yet, it seems so long and I'm only towards the end of the second chapter. "Worst" of all, it still feels like LOTR and not Castlevania still. I don't know, menz, the first two Bats games are A number gold to me, and if the new one is just more of the same, I'd rather play that then a Castlevania that's nothing alike.

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

lords of shadow generally gets more castlevania-y as the game progresses, but it's definitely longish for the genre (not that i had a problem with that). it's probably 20ish hours
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:lords of shadow generally gets more castlevania-y as the game progresses, but it's definitely longish for the genre (not that i had a problem with that). it's probably 20ish hours
The last level felt like Golden Axe, to be honest here. And that in turn just felt a little too silly based on the mood the game has set. I think I'm going to go with Arkham Origins tonight. Maybe for once I can juggle two longer and more involved games at the same time. That'll teach them broads who love to say men can't multi-task.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Man I had a blast with that Castlevania game; it really was the sum of its parts and its parts were all taken from other games (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted), but taking the best parts of other games and putting them all in your game is totally cool by me. Getting the platinum on that one was so video game satisfying !
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

if I ever have to go into an addiction/recovery program my plan is to tell them that my higher power is Japanese Dracula
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

james wrote:if I ever have to go into an addiction/recovery program my plan is to tell them that my higher power is Japanese Dracula
Jap Drac isn't even Vlad, right? Mina Harker isn't Alucard's mother, hmm? No Helsing ever, correct?

Just turned on Bats. Does the main menu always have a slight Christmas jingle or is this some holiday thing the update just did?

Questions questions!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I retrack the Arkham Origins music question.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yeah, the game takes place on Christmas Eve. Get ready to hear this line a bunch...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
"I should be home in bed, with a sandwich, a beer, and my girl!"
Great game. You've gotta be faster with the counters and not button mash even more than the previous games.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote: Great game. You've gotta be faster with the counters and not button mash even more than the previous games.
I noticed that when I was facing knives. I learned it when fighting Deathstroke.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Deathstroke took me like 10 tries. It's easier to do the A+A flip over knife guys than dodge them.