The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by copstache »

so

obviously deadpool is a shitty game.

but it's $10 on steam. someone convince me to not buy it please...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

dont buy it :mrgreen:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

What should I buy on Steam right now? $20 limit
No Cunting Elves
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Elf Bowling or Petz: Horsez 2
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

- The Witcher + The Witcher 2 + Faster Than Light (FTL)

- Fallout collection + Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition + Hotline: Miami

- Wait for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle to go under $20.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

5 hours of Skylanders - Swap Force, with Mitch Jr., today... He got it for Xmas plus around 15-20 figures... Kid fucking loves it...
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i tried to convince my gf not to buy rocksmith 2014, that it'd be better to look up videos online to get started playing guitar, that i could teach her, that she could buy a beginner's book or two, that the game was a gimmick existing amid the rubble of the rock band/guitar hero franchises and has the cheesiest commercials ever...

One Day Later

this game is fun as FUCK. i've played for 10+ years but i can tell it's going to massively improve my soloing skills. i've never been able to play really technical solos up-to-speed with much accuracy, but i practiced a few measures of a satriani solo yesterday and basically got them down cold. my gf, who never picked up a guitar until saturday night, is already playing along to songs with root notes and some power chords after a few hours with the game... so cool. can safely say that starting out playing guitar with this game is a better idea than sitting in a room paying an instructor $25 for 30 minutes to point at which note to play next.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Wait until people start unloading theirs for $50 or less. Play your Steam backlog, don't waste money on a dead console.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I just started playing DayZ and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:I keep coming so fucking close to buying a Wii U. I have no interest currently in the other next gen consoles (though I'm sure I'll get a ps4 sometime in the next year or two).

Who has this console of the damned? Does anyone love it? I fucking love my 3Ds and with the tablet controller touchscreen on the Wii U, I feel like it's just an awesome HD 3Ds...

It did well over Christmas - actually outsold the Xbox One. Small spark of hope that the system might wind up with enough high-quality games to justify the expense of purchase later this year. Maybe if it stops being a fucking retail chapel of ghouls people will start developing more shit for it...?
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Spooky Apparition wrote:i tried to convince my gf not to buy rocksmith 2014, that it'd be better to look up videos online to get started playing guitar, that i could teach her, that she could buy a beginner's book or two, that the game was a gimmick existing amid the rubble of the rock band/guitar hero franchises and has the cheesiest commercials ever...

One Day Later

this game is fun as FUCK. i've played for 10+ years but i can tell it's going to massively improve my soloing skills. i've never been able to play really technical solos up-to-speed with much accuracy, but i practiced a few measures of a satriani solo yesterday and basically got them down cold. my gf, who never picked up a guitar until saturday night, is already playing along to songs with root notes and some power chords after a few hours with the game... so cool. can safely say that starting out playing guitar with this game is a better idea than sitting in a room paying an instructor $25 for 30 minutes to point at which note to play next.

Backed -been putting a few people onto this - great learning tool
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I'm a sucker for wrestling games, even if they suck. I picked up WWE 13 on the Wii for $25, and it's not bad, but the gameplay just leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know why these companies don't just make a game that plays like WCW Revenge or WWF No Mercy any more. I used to love Wrestlemania XIX on the Gamecube, because the gameplay in the actual wrestling matches was a lot of fun, especially against other people. This game, the modes are cool, the characters are cool, but the gameplay is just... not that fun after a while. I heard WWE 2K14 for PS3/XBox 360 is incredible, so I'm looking forward to playing that at a friend's house this weekend.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Pisscubes wrote:Got the day off work due to the snow storm, decided to give GTA V another go and... it won't load.

I put it in, I press it to start and then... black screen, ps3 stops working, has to be the hard reset to get it back. I deleted all game data but my saves, still nothing.

Anyone else have this problem?
have you tried playing anything else since then? might want to test it and make sure GTA5 didn't brick your PS3. well, or just made it unable to play games. there are multiple dozen-page threads about GTA5 breaking people's consoles on the sony support forums. if it was me, i'd stop trying to play it just to be safe.

EDIT: you might also try defragging your PS3 after you've deleted the game data. supposedly it only takes a few minutes. instructions in first post: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/in ... ty.101417/
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Still playing Ghosts nonstop. Best riot shield use since mw2.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

LOL CONSOLE GAMING

Wait. *cough*

Meanwhile, I'm predictably addicted to Gran Turismo 6, but I'm guessing nobody else here's playing, right?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Anyone read about the class action lawsuit EA shareholders have filed over Battlefield 4? Burn EA, burn!

Metal Gear Rising PC preloading now :mastoman:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: Metal Gear Rising PC preloading now :mastoman:
Report when you've played it plz. I'm really not sure I want to start all over with this game unless the visual updates are... substantial. The PS3 version already runs smoothly as fuck, so unless they've done something to the environments (which it doesn't sound like they did), I don't really see this being worth it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:Report when you've played it plz. I'm really not sure I want to start all over with this game unless the visual updates are... substantial. The PS3 version already runs smoothly as fuck, so unless they've done something to the environments (which it doesn't sound like they did), I don't really see this being worth it.
It was $20 so I had to bite. Also, native resolutions above 720p, all the DLC is included, and being able to force some bells and whistles... :mastoman: . Also, there's an option to limit or unlimit how many pieces you slice something. :moreawesome: I'm hoping modding is possible because the game could use new textures.
Pisscubes wrote:No shit? That's awesome. It's amazing how fast and loose people can play with millions and millions of dollars. You'd think on the list of things to make sure you get done when making a game worth that much money that MAKE SURE IT'S PLAYABLE AT LAUNCH would be be near the top, you know?
I was mistaken. Not a formal lawsuit but a complaint. Hopefully something comes out of it because it's about time a publisher took responsibility for releasing a broken product.
On December 17, 2013, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP filed a complaint alleging EA violated federal securities laws (specifically, laws introduced by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) by making said false public statements regarding Battlefield 4 between the period of July 24 and December 4.

The complaint alleges that EA's stock rose based on the purported strength of the Battlefield 4 rollout underway during this period, reaching a high of $28.13 per share by August 23 2013, allowing "certain of Electronic Arts’ senior executives to sell their Electronic Arts stock at artificially inflated prices."

The bug-ridden version of Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 is also under investigation. The firm alleges the disclosure of the game's problems lead to a fall in EA's share value, which fell further still once EA placed a hold on all future projects until they were fixed. The complaint alleges EA "recklessly disregarded" the fact that Battlefield 4 was "riddled with bugs and multiple other problems, including downloadable content that allowed players access to more levels of the game, a myriad of connectivity issues, server limitations, lost data and repeated sudden crashes, among other things." As a result, EA "was not on track to achieve the financial results it had told the market it was on track to achieve during the Class Period."

It's important to note that this is still a complaint and the class action itself hasn't been filed; the firm needs a leading plaintiff who bought common stock in EA between July and December to come forward by the motion deadline in 60 days on February 15, 2014, no sure thing.

"We believe these claims are meritless," is the official statement being made to media from EA in regards to the lawsuit. "We intend to aggressively defend ourselves, and we’re confident the court will dismiss the complaint in due course."
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Anyone else who played Bats: AO get the feeling the
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mad Hatter raped Alice?
. I really love this game, but not because of the thing in the spoiler.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Ghost Dad wrote:Still playing Ghosts nonstop. Best riot shield use since mw2.
Best cod since bo1. Guard dog fights are just the best ever.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Sega is going to release another Aliens game. I think this calls for a tut-tut if I ever tut-tut'ed.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

not sure which thread to put this ragman content... just learned about Deadpool's excellent trolling here

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGy4gCGbTGY<
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Has this been the shittiest, most lackluster "new gen" ever, or do I just not talk to anyone who cares about baming anymore?

It seems like, more than ever, the new gen games are nothing but HD incarnations of shit that already existed. Previous new gens would change something other than the resolution, but now... !?!?

Please don't hesitate to tell me I'm full of shit on this one. Full disclosure that goes for this and all future posts in here: the main gaming thing I really care about is when/how I will play The Last Guardian.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i'm waiting another year. i think shit will pop off, son..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR