The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by james »

what the fuck is wrong with this world

the golden globes were on last night

im not fucking sitting on the floor to do this shit, i'm not an animal
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

riley-o wrote:Maybe the M Night Shalamalam twist of my life is that I don't actually like video games
:lol:

I think I'm in the same boat. Games like Uncharted, The Last Of Us, nu-Tomb Raider, Resident Evil (except 4).......all steaming piles of shit, but also the best games according to the internet.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: Metal Gear Rising rules on PC. Nice to play this game again with a cleaner image.
Eh, I dunno, man. It does look better, but it's a pretty marginal improvement over the PS3 version if you ask me. But I'm totally burned out on GT6 at the moment and it's nice to have an excuse to play Revengeance again, I guess. It's so, so, so fucking fun.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I think if I had played Bats in 2013 (and it was patched) it would have made my top 5 list of 2013.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i guess i forgot to mention that i played through MGR:R on pc twice since it came out last week. fuck that game is fun
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:i guess i forgot to mention that i played through MGR:R on pc twice since it came out last week. fuck that game is fun
Yeah, I miss my unlocks, but I can kind of see myself just doing it all over again and finishing my Revengeance difficulty playthrough this time.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

now that most of the builds have been revealed, who's still getting a steam machine day one? i know a few people here said they were planning on it. that alienware one is coming out in september and can be yours for the mere price of like $2.5K.

and why aren't you just upgrading your PC/building a new one and not paying a markup for a branded machine that does less?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Thumbs down to Steam Machines, but I want to try out the controller.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Spooky Apparition wrote:now that most of the builds have been revealed, who's still getting a steam machine day one? i know a few people here said they were planning on it. that alienware one is coming out in september and can be yours for the mere price of like $2.5K.

and why aren't you just upgrading your PC/building a new one and not paying a markup for a branded machine that does less?
Whats th lure of the alienware machine except high performance?

Still don't care about new consoles until fallout 4 comes out. What a drought season for gaming... Ghosts is doing a good job keeping me satiated till dark souls 2.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Ghost Dad wrote:Whats th lure of the alienware machine except high performance?
well.. literally nothing. but i don't understand the lure of a steam machine over a gaming PC in the first place. i just mentioned the alienware build because AFAIK they're the first manufacturer to come out with a specific release window
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Lazy consumers mystified about p.c. upgrading to game standards? Which is further weird that they're putting these machines out, as this demographic is going to overwhelmingly prefer the established consoles. Ah well, every generation needs their 3do, right?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I think I want one of these and an Oculus

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxyJkSU3x4<
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Just think, none of this would have happened if you'd gotten the job. It's really true that God never closes a door without opening a window..
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

that series is pretty much the textbook example of video game design by committee
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Exactly. I think 400~600 people on multiple continents make those games and you can tell.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

After a rare and rewarding spot of Wednesday gaming I beat Bats: AO. And I say to you, Bats did me great and Bats did me very wrong. It did me great by being great and I can't wait for more Batman games. It did me wrong by being great and now I feel sad and a little empty that I won't be playing Batman next time I play a game. I started Assassin's Creed IV after Bats and while I did enjoy my half hour with it, it felt wrong (it feels a million times better than those other AC games, mind you) because it wasn't Batman, and it's open world design with the climbing and jumping and so forth reminded me that I wasn't playing Batman. Also, it's a very warm weather feeling game, and it's winter here, goddamn you. I don't want to play summer in the winter and winter in the summer. I could/should go back to Castlevania: LOS but I'm not a fan of the God of War style beat 'em up, and going from 'Vania to Bats was like going from dry humping to full none condom vaginal penetration with ball licking and tit biting. I just don't want to go back to chaffing my cocks on Downy smelling underwear. I think I'll give Metro 2099 that try I've been avoiding. Is it scary? I feel like I'm subconsciously afraid of this game.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:lol: god i fucking love metal gear
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol: god i fucking hate metal gear
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote::lol: god i fucking love metal gear
Watching that from start to finish and coming away somehow still feeling like that is pretty much being an MGS fan in a nutshell. It's an abusive relationship, but I keep coming back.

Returning to Revengeance this week also made me realize how much I appreciate all the little MGS idiosyncracies and gameplay tropes Platinum kept. It's so awesome how that game is somehow simultaneously totally a Metal Gear game and the opposite of a Metal Gear game.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Pisscubes wrote:
copstache wrote:i came in here to say something about zelda too. it's pretty fucking great. i don't know if it's a system seller, but it's gotta be close. the 3d is pretty ok but i have it turned off and it looks and plays awesome without it.

if youhave a 3ds, you have zero excuse to not go buy this game
I think it's the best ds game I've ever played. I've loved this handheld, but it's almost always been something I play in small bites-- 30 minutes on a puzzle game or a chapter of Ace Attorney. I can't put this game down. I've already dropped hours into it. A Link to the Past was always one of my favorite Zelda games ever and this thing has improved on almost every aspect of it-- and having the map always present on the second screen and being able to access your inventory on the second screen is the way this should have always been. Seriously, I think only Bioshock Infinite beats thisout for GOTY for me. It's nothing mold breaking-- I mean, it's basically just Link to the Past in many ways-- but it's just so perfectly executed. When Nintendo makes a super tight game, no one does it as good.
Did you finish this yet? I need to buy a 3DS huh? It's that good?
No Cunting Elves
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I think I'm going to re-play Arkham Asylum. I've got too much bat in the blood.

I also used some X-Mas Amazon credit to get Deadpool and that White Witch game both pretty cheap. I need two wild cards in deck from time to time.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

holy shit, nintendo cut their wiiu sales projections for the year ending in march from 9 million to 2.8 million :shock:

that's got to be the biggest revision ever in the history of gaming. and it prompted this:

"We are thinking about a new business structure," Iwata said, according to Bloomberg. "Given the expansion of smart devices, we are naturally studying how smart devices can be used to grow the game-player business. It's not as simple as enabling Mario to move on a smartphone."

... or is it? i bet that's coming eventually
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

HEY NINTENDO GET OUT OF THE CONSOLE BUSINESS
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

super marioh 3d world is the most fun shit ever