The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Spooky Apparition »

you're going to be even more blown away by the iOS version then
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

hey man, the less buttons the better. maybe add an apple hat or some shit, too
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

guardianoftheblind wrote:HEY NINTENDO GET OUT OF THE CONSOLE BUSINESS
fuck you

just shut up

It'll be okay

I don't know

I'll figure it out later

but you shut up for now
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Bought Kingdoms of Amalur for 96 cents. Fair deal!
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Just finished the first one of these up. Actually pretty impressed with the component output straight into an hdtv. Looks quite a bit better than the same SNES going rgb into an rgb to component converter into the same tv. It's not completely done as I need to swap the component video jacks for the correct colors. It was basically given to me so I wanted to try it out since I already have my mini running in rgb. Considering throwing this downstairs to play on my main tv.

i like to dissect women
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Finally got 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy. I think I've had the game for at least 3 years now. Bothering me that I can't remember exactly when I picked it up. Either way I don't know if I feel inspired enough to play through the entire thing again as Luigi. Every day is a living nightmare
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I got one star as Luigi. Fuck his squishy handling longjumps. imagine trying to do that coin collection turning floor tiles level with his bullshit ?! Life is suffering
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I think I need to call in the Jame Crew with a bunch of beer to get inspired. I feel like this needs to be done. There's an entire level that I will never see unless I get all 120 again as this green fuck. They're never gonna make a better game than this, right? I get so fucking pissed off at myself for not ever completely absolutely beating any fucking game ever. Sometimes I worry that I will start to sleep-walk every night and commit horrible crimes, but never get caught, and just live with the knowledge that I'm responsible for arsons and rapes and murders and be drowsy every day at far too young an age
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think I'm even more addicted to Revengeance now than the first time it came out. This is too weird.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I've been playing so much Rocksmith that my fingertips hurt for the first time in like a decade :tup: :tup:

This game is just what I needed to get me back to playing guitar a lot. The interface took me a little bit of getting used to but it's designed pretty well and the difficulty usually progresses at a good pace. Sometimes when the level increases, the screen suddenly looks super busy and gets a bit confusing, but if you're still at the point where levels are increasing, you can just slow down the speed and put on riff repeat and practice it.

I think my only complaint about the game is that the DLC is so God damned expensive. $3/song ?! Fuck off :wank:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:I think I'm even more addicted to Revengeance now than the first time it came out. This is too weird.
yeah i know. i have a bit of a compulsion to keep going back to it. that's not a complaint, it's just really rare for me. last one was... deus ex 3? i played that fucking thing 5 times through, but i was unemployed at the time.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

riley-o wrote:I've been playing so much Rocksmith that my fingertips hurt for the first time in like a decade :tup: :tup:

This game is just what I needed to get me back to playing guitar a lot. The interface took me a little bit of getting used to but it's designed pretty well and the difficulty usually progresses at a good pace. Sometimes when the level increases, the screen suddenly looks super busy and gets a bit confusing, but if you're still at the point where levels are increasing, you can just slow down the speed and put on riff repeat and practice it.

I think my only complaint about the game is that the DLC is so God damned expensive. $3/song ?! Fuck off :wank:
yeah man, if nothing else the game is a really good way to get structured practice. did you change the settings in riff repeater so it levels up the difficulty and/or speed of the section you're practicing once you get it 100% correct (or with just a few mistakes)? I love that feature... I've found it gets me to perfect parts whereas normally I just think "good enough" and move on.

what's your audio setup btw? the only way I've been able to get next to no audio lag is PS3->HDMI->TV, even though that's one of the setups they don't recommend.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
riley-o wrote:I've been playing so much Rocksmith that my fingertips hurt for the first time in like a decade :tup: :tup:

yeah man, if nothing else the game is a really good way to get structured practice. did you change the settings in riff repeater so it levels up the difficulty and/or speed of the section you're practicing once you get it 100% correct (or with just a few mistakes)? I love that feature... I've found it gets me to perfect parts whereas normally I just think "good enough" and move on.

what's your audio setup btw? the only way I've been able to get next to no audio lag is PS3->HDMI->TV, even though that's one of the setups they don't recommend.

I got it on xbox and play through headphones which is optimum no lag good riffing times.

I'm getting into the scale practice and finally applying some modal playing as well - I bought the iron maiden song pack and the rush song pack cause I was I to it - I've decided I'm gonna master the rhythm path before I move onto lead - love learning the maiden lines and songs with harmonies. So fun.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Played Arkham Asylum instead of Metro 209933. Glad I did. Totally forgot that it was easier combat wise, but more puzzle heavy compared to the two Arkham "city" games. When I got too drunk I switched over to Dragon's Crown, and played a few levels via multi-player co-op. I haven't played any sort of online multi-player since one game of Mass Effect 3 co-op and the original Serious Sam for the PC 13 years ago. I enjoyed it actually, until my wife started streaming garbage TV shows and watching King of Queens off JustinTV. Clogged up my connection but good.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Yeah that game really did live up to the hype. I was only able to get about half-way through Arkham City - wasn't a bad game, but it didn't hold my interest.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

at this point i almost think i enjoyed Arkham Origins more than City. City was too bloated and it always felt like the pacing was kind of fucky

and origins was definitely the cheap knock-off store brand version of the game but it stripped out enough of the annoying shit while leaving all the good stuff in that it was worthwhile
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:yeah i know. i have a bit of a compulsion to keep going back to it. that's not a complaint, it's just really rare for me. last one was... deus ex 3? i played that fucking thing 5 times through, but i was unemployed at the time.
Yep. Instead of using the Konami code I will beat Very Hard and then play on Revengeance. So far the Jetstream Sam DLC is fun but I am glad I didnt pay $10 for it. Repeated playthroughs on higher difficulties show how awful the camera is. The Ninja Gaiden games had perfect cameras compared to this.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

god. i was totally thrashing typhoon until the camera locked up in a corner and ruined my ability to counter his smoke dash attacks. i read on neogaf how mind-shatteringly hard it is to do a no-damage fight with him and i believe it.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

It seems you'd have to cheese that fight with emp grenades to get no damage. I want to get all the achievements but my gaming ADHD will kick in and I'll start something else.

I was getting annoyed in Sam's first VR mission because they throw two gekkos at you and the camera just shits itself. Get too close and you cant see shit, create space and they shoot rockets, while my parrying is fucked because the camera swerves in the middle of an enemy attack. :ax:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

oh jeez, yeah, speaking of bad camera, trying to zandatsu those gekkos is a total crapshoot 90% of the time. good thing i don't care about steam achievements.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, the camera's driving me nuts. Aside from the Gekko Zandatsus, it's especially annoying in stealth sections when you can't rotate it the way you want.

But yesterday I figured out a way to stealth kill every single one of the Mastiffs in the subway tunnel without being spotted. Feels good, man.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I've had enough of Jetstream Sam's DLC. :nopizza: Back to Dark Souls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the ps4's got a pretty steady stream of good indie titles coming out all year, but a lot of them are also on PC obviously.

for people into rpgs and jrpgs, it's going to be a pretty excellent year to own a vita apparently

infamous will probably be pretty good.

i don't know. if you have a gaming pc, there's not a lot of compelling reasons to get a new console yet unless you have the money to spend and you want one. i love my ps4 but it's far from a necessity at this point
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:Anything at ALL coming up in the pipeline you guys are stoked about?
just what's sure to put the last generation to bed in the best way humanely possible, dark souls 2. nothing else this year comes close for me. if you only meant the new consoles, i want dragon age 3 to live up to the slowly-building hype, but i'm not letting myself get hyped up for that. evolve could be cool, the order 1886 could be cool, and some other stuff, but i won't get hyped up for anything until there's actual gameplay being shown.