The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah i'm not even going think about next gen anything until after dark souls 2 :ax:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:Oh, wait! They ARE going to have a new full scale WiiU Zelda game! Just look at all the details they have on it! http://www.nintendolife.com/games/wiiu/legend_of_zelda
"So what have we got done so far on that new Zelda game ? At this point it could well mean the difference between all of us having jobs at this time next year ! haha. Show me what gameplay footage we have so far, and wow me."
"...uh, Mr. Iwata, sir, there is no gameplay footage yet."
"Okay, show me some sample art; enemies, bosses, dungeons."
"Sir, we, we don't have any sample art yet either."
"Plotline ? Setting ? Characters ???"
"Not as such, sir."
"You've GOT to be fucking shitting me. What do we have."
"We're.. We're working on the name, sir."
"The name."
"Yes. So far we've come up with "The Legend of Zelda." but.."
"But."
"But it's tentative."
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Pisscubes wrote:
Setting aside games since it's just come out and I don't expect a ton of them at this point, what are the improvements/features you like most about ps4 in comparison to the last gen console?
outside of games? it's currently the best bluray/amazon prime video/crunchyroll player i own and the second-best netflix player (chromecast still wins that one)

again, not really selling points but between all those things, i use it daily.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

:lol: :moreawesome:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Anything at ALL coming up in the pipeline you guys are stoked about?
The Witcher 3...probably not until Fall this year or maybe later.

All the old school rpgs (Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, Dead State, etc), Resident Evil 4 HD that was just put up on Steam for pre-order, Dark Souls 2 coming out this year and my pathetic backlog = no new console for WM this year and possibly next year, too. If Titanfall comes out on Steam, I might check it out but if it's Origin only then I'll pass.

I'd wait until they release the slim versions of the new consoles unless you absolutely need to play a certain gaming coming out soon.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Dark Souls 2 keeness here - maybe Day Z, I can't really remember what else I wana play - Watchdogs maybe too...

I've been playing 7 Days to Die beta off of Steam which is like a zombie apocalypse day z cross with Minecraft and while glitchy it's way fun
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

next gen console games coming out soon-ish

thief
metal gear solid V ground zeroes (and MGS V)
destiny
the division
witcher 3
infamous seconds son (ps4)
watch dogs
dying light
titanfall (xbone)
new dragon age (please dont suck)
halo (xbone)
order: 1886 (ps4; please dont suck)

some of these are kind of soon, most are a little farther out, but yes, there's plenty of decent games coming down the 'pipeline'

and thats not counting the myriad of indies coming out for both consoles
Last edited by guardianoftheblind on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i'm kinda surprised bethesda hasn't announced anything for the next gen consoles yet. obviously fallout 4 is in development, but it seems like a long time since skyrim came out and there's still no official info for anything else, let alone a release date. SUCKS
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

do you think elder scrolls online might have anything to do with it? :ax:

I have 8 children.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

anyone wanna buy a vita?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

FVBTVS wrote:do you think elder scrolls online might have anything to do with it? :ax:
i think that's being done by a separate studio or split-off team or something, but maybe it is diverting resources. from what i've read about the beta, ES:O is endless fetch quests and boring combat

... so kind of like skyrim 8)
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Started assassin's creed liberation last night while on acid. I had to restart training twice but after that seemed to get the hang of it. Scales nicely to my older computer once I dropped the res.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Next time you come to Vancouver bring me some acid, fuckface
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

I live in Vancouver now! This stuff is pretty mild tho, not recommended for a spiritual journey, more like an enhancement to a concert or something.
Fuck...I'm Dave
git help.

Post by Fuck...I'm Dave »

Anyone playing Fallout: New Vegas? I'm thinking of picking it up when I finish/get tired of Skyrim.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Fuck...I'm Dave wrote:Anyone playing Fallout: New Vegas? I'm thinking of picking it up when I finish/get tired of Skyrim.
yes. after beating dark souls i haven't really been playing anything at all but i'll drop an hour in either one of these on the weekend and it's always a nice meditative piece of my time and wonderful..

I have 8 children.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Never played a card game in my life, but the open beta for Hearthstone is now on for the EU and I'm not getting much done :betternotstartanyshit:
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Let Us Help You wrote:Never played a card game in my life, but the open beta for Hearthstone is now on for the EU and I'm not getting much done :betternotstartanyshit:
I'm playing too. It's a lot of fun. I just finished beating all of the characters on expert, so now i'm trying my hand @ online play and having relatively decent success so far.
ImageImageImage
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

I finally played Soul Sacrifice online last night in some pick-up games. Holy fuck this game is so much fun with 3 other dudes playing together! Good way to farm boss soul essences because you really just plow through them. Was playing with a 50/50 dude, a 10atk/90def dude, and a 85atck/1def dude. I thought I had the best spells figured out but everyone was using completely different shit, very cool.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah man, i got an invite last night from you but i only had about 10 minutes before i went to bed. my character is up to like 22/14...not sure why i've saved so many enemies, it's probably a mistake not just focusing on sacificing. hopefully that's good enough for some online play. i'm almost done with all the story missions (going to try to beat it in the next few days) and i've been working my way through the avalon pacts here and there.

what's your normal loadout like? the basic one i use all the time has one slot for each element, so i can hopefully make an enemy vulnerable then get the skillful attack or whatever it's called for massive damage, and then a group heal. it seems rare that i actually get that vulnerability bonus though, so i'm wondering if certain types of attacks (like throws) aren't as good as offerings that let you punch shit when it comes to exploiting weaknesses. it also seems like some enemies have no weaknesses, which sometimes makes it take forever to kill them

overall though i like soul sacrifice a lot. the story part is so fucking dark, great music too. i really hope delta has enough new stuff to warrant buying it. from what i've read it's going to be kind of like soul sacrifice 1.5
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Spooky Apparition wrote:yeah man, i got an invite last night from you but i only had about 10 minutes before i went to bed. my character is up to like 22/14...not sure why i've saved so many enemies, it's probably a mistake not just focusing on sacificing. hopefully that's good enough for some online play. i'm almost done with all the story missions (going to try to beat it in the next few days) and i've been working my way through the avalon pacts here and there.

what's your normal loadout like? the basic one i use all the time has one slot for each element, so i can hopefully make an enemy vulnerable then get the skillful attack or whatever it's called for massive damage, and then a group heal. it seems rare that i actually get that vulnerability bonus though, so i'm wondering if certain types of attacks (like throws) aren't as good as offerings that let you punch shit when it comes to exploiting weaknesses. it also seems like some enemies have no weaknesses, which sometimes makes it take forever to kill them

overall though i like soul sacrifice a lot. the story part is so fucking dark, great music too. i really hope delta has enough new stuff to warrant buying it. from what i've read it's going to be kind of like soul sacrifice 1.5
I usually have ice darts, fire darts, fire trident (fastest melee weapon you swing), I have the boss spell from the jackolantern which you turn into this big fire ball and berzerler roll from far away. I also use the frost golem, which summon a giant golem that sits in one place and smashes things (and soaks damage and boss attention). I have one self-heal spell. You will want to change the sigils on your arm to make sure they are boosting what kind of spells you're loading.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, if you get multiple spells, and you press triangle on them in the arm yourself screen, on the it allows you to "boost" (combine) 2 of an item to create one with a stars, which gives you one more cast of it before it runs out (this isn't the same thing as combinging two different types of spells). THEN, if you create two of these, and combine them, you'll create one with 2 stars. Then combine two of those, and create 3 stars. Then, if you combine 2 of the 3 star items, it'll create the next level up of that item. I farmed about 100 of the jackolantern boss spells to create a super spell, because you don't get it from drops. Now its fucking unstoppable.

Also, if you're having trouble with a boss because it keeps charging you and you can't get out of the way, load out with a shield, all of the boss charges will bounce off of you. That's the only thing those are good for, really.

Level your guy however you want, I mean, like I said last night I was playing with a guy with 10atk, and 90def and he was indestructible. Depends on your play style. And you can always remove levels from your defense and level your atk more late in the game. ALSO, you end up having to farm soul essences from saving guys to unlock certain sigils anyways so you're gonna end up wasting time doing that at some point.

EDIT: I haven't had trouble getting the vulnerability bonus from my darts, you just gotta be using the correct element. Also, if you spam ice, or fire, or stone darts it can incapacitate bosses ("inferno, ice hell, stone hell") and then if you use spam a different element dart you get a 'skilled attack' bonus. You don't have to wait for your dart to "lock on" as long as you're pointed at the bosses just hammer the spell button for it.

If you're having trouble with a boss, go back and level for a bit!
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

sold my vita cause im broke and i'm sick of BF4 at the moment. scoured my roms and decided to play the GBA castlevania games.

shit is fun. feels like SotN DLC
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

oh and GoW 3 is crap. totally by the numbers at that point. looking back i don't even know why i played the series at all. hype, i guess
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

gears or god? because i really liked god of war 3.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.