The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

oh. my bad. gears. God of war 3 was cool
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

canon.docre wrote:soul sacrifice stuff
nice tips on the loadout... i've actually never used a summon offering OR a shield offering :shock: sounds like i should probably try those out ASAP. the summons would be really helpful since i just use my black rite whenever i need a super powerful attack, hahah. those are cool as fuck, btw. love the animations.

with the frozen hell, fire hell stuff, i can get it sometimes, but it seems almost like luck. especially against those slime fuckers. i can never find any elemental weakness and end up grinding away at them for like 10-15 minutes.

RE: the offering boosts and arm sigils. this is one game where i actually really like fucking around with all that stuff. i have a few +3 (or 3 stars, whatever it is) offerings right now and i usually check after every few battles to make sure i can't go higher. since you mentioned the golem, i'm gonna check to see if i can get a few more casts with some boosting. i think i saw 1 cast for those and thought 'fuck it' and went with something i could use a few more times. NO MORE.

three days until the end of the world...
dominichorton wrote:i started playing Borderlands 2. for the most part i like it (i never played the first one at all). and there are some serious "fuck off" moments here and there.
i just beat borderlands 2 last night. i started it in june, stopped playing it for a long time, sold it, then downloaded it once it came out on PS+ in december and played probably 25 hours of it in the last 10 days or so. some thoughts:

if by "fuck off" moments you meant ridiculous hard parts, i agree. i sort of like how borderlands doesn't scale enemies and more or less makes you take on missions when you're strong enough to get through them, but when it comes to the main story, sometimes that's a pain in the ass. i tended to not allow people into my game because they just ran ahead of me and took all the loot, so a few of those missions were hard as hell and i got close to rage quitting a few times (and lost most of my money). for the last fight, i forgot to close my game so three people joined... when the final boss was almost dead, i kicked them all out and got a FUCKLOAD of good loot :lol: which leads me to...

the DLC stuff. the pirate DLC is really good. it's got a lot of cool areas and some funny as hell writing. it also has a level 50 boss that i'm not even close to being able to take on. but the torque DLC, even though it's hilarious, almost drove me over the edge. i actually took a break from the DLC and beat the main story because i was having such a hard time. once you get above level 30 it's pretty easy though except for a few level 50 missions. i haven't played the last two DLCs yet, sir hammerlock's big game hunt and tina's dungeons and dragons thing, but everyone says the tina DLC is great and the best out of the four. supposedly it has references to a bunch of other games, including a dark souls-inspired mission. i'm really looking forward to that.

in general, after 60 or so hours of playing the game, i wish i would have played coop more thoughout. even though it can be fun to slowly explore the world, having three other people blast through the levels with you is definitely how the game should be played. there's SO MUCH stuff to do that even if you get through side quests quickly with three other people, you'll still probably end up not doing a lot of what the game has to offer. if you're on PS3 you should add me (swazzyswess). i'd definitely join your game and help out if you need any assistance. i'm trying to get to level 50 so i can beat the end game missions eventually.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I really wished borderlands 2 would've lived up to the hype. It's beautiful, controls well, and has a lot of great writing....but still falls victim to the "you've played these missions once, you've played them all" paradigm. The game just felt SO repetitive, despite all it had to offer.

Schwigs: portrait of ruin is the best handheld castlevaina game, IMO. The final boss fight was so stressful that it took me 2.5 hours worth of runs to beat. I was on a turbulent plane with a nervous sweaty sitting next to me; I almost bit the top screen in a rage a one point, it was getting Leigh even more scared as I was raging on this frightening plane ride.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Ghost Dad wrote:I really wished borderlands 2 would've lived up to the hype. It's beautiful, controls well, and has a lot of great writing....but still falls victim to the "you've played these missions once, you've played them all" paradigm. The game just felt SO repetitive, despite all it had to offer.
yeah, it gets so repetitive when you're grinding out side missions in the same area for the third time. for the third game, which I'm sure is in the works since B2 sold like 6 million or something crazy like that, they need to design it so you can progress through the main story without having to do a million side missions just to avoid getting dick punched by even the weakest enemies.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

guardianoftheblind wrote: looking back i don't even know why i played the series at all. hype, i guess
The first one was great and the second one was too...well when the shitty matchmaking actually worked. Never bothered with the third one because it seemed more of the same. Biggest mistake that game made was trying to flesh out the meathead grunt player.characters. When one of the guy's wife is founs dead, it was hilarious.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the actual gameplay in gears 2 was fun but holy crap that was one of the dumbest games i've ever played
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Does anyone know if you have to Very Hard the MGR:R missions in order to unlock Revengeance difficulty? I had to skip over the prologue because it's just retardedly difficult what with all upgrades and even the dodge move locked out. Start at 01 instead, and it's a cakewalk by comparison. Stupid. I might actually have to use the Konami code because I don't feel like putting up with this shit.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

that first mission SUUUUCKs
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Having to get through that bullshit everytime is the only thing I hate about replaying the game. I just tried again, and I literally can't get through the first encounter on Very Hard. Some dude I found on Youtube has figured out a trick where you can use a counter from blocking one of the humanoid cyborgs to incapacitate the Gecko if they're lined up correctly, but I can't get that to work, and even when I do get the three mooks out of the way, I'm still left with having to kill a supercharged Gecko with half of my combat options missing. Meanwhile, I blew through the entire next mission without dying at the same difficulty. It's fucking retarded.

EDIT - Geoff, yeah, the Konami code unlocks the highest difficulty and a few other things.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

no exaggeration, i lasted less than 15 seconds on revengeance mode on the first stage.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:no exaggeration, i lasted less than 15 seconds on revengeance mode on the first stage.
Doing all this bitching motivated me enough to go back and try it (on Very Hard, that is) and I finally pulled it off. Like I suspected, it actually gets easier after that first encounter with the Gekko and the three cyborgs.

The blue wig and the Fox blade also kind of suck the fun out of everything, I think I may have to stop using them, but I'm skeered.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the fox blade kind of does. the blue wig just kind of removes some annoyance.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:the fox blade kind of does. the blue wig just kind of removes some annoyance.
I dunno, I kind of enjoy Zandatsu hunting to keep the blade mode gauge full, and not having to worry about it just means I use ripper mode all the time.

Anyway, I'm stuck at Monsoon again. I hate that motherfucker so much.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

On Revengeance, the Perfect Parry is key and usually means an instant zandatsu or huge damage on the bigger enemies.

Assassin's Creed 4 is half off on Amazon, tempted but I should wait for the proverbial $5 sale. Anyone play it? Did they improve the combat at all and get rid of the tedious follow missions or is it more of the same?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

somehow forgot to save my progress in castlevania the other day and lost about an hour and a half. too pissed to do it again.

what to play now? metroid fusion? chrono trigger?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

speaking of castlevania: has a larger group of true thespians ever been assembled to read such hacky writing that we're sure to experience in lords of shadow 2? i mean i'm definitely looking forward to hearing ridiculous lines delivered with bombast and gravitas, but the thought of all these stage actors reading this dialogue in a sound booth is hilarious to me

game's going to be fucking awesome though and i'm getting it day one :bean: and dark souls 2 two weeks later :bean: :bean:
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Time to go back to Stalker and try out the Misery mod.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh man fuck that. The mutants were already creepy enough.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I had my fill of Bats for the time, so I won't be finishing this Arkham Asylum play through (I have beaten it before, and I love it, but my Bat Tank is now good and full). I threw on Metal Gear Rising, and had a nice drunken time of replaying that. Damn, that's a fun game. And I feel extra awesome with the save+ upgrades. I then tried to play Deadpool and I tried to play some Smackdown vs RAW '07 (which is my favorite WWE since the N64) but I was too damn drunk. So, I passed out watching From Hell instead.

I don't know, I guess it's time for Metro 2033 Friday. Unless I start Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, which would be a huge change of pace as I never ever never play this type of game.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

That new bioshock infinite dlc where you're in rapture...buy?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I think it would be a blast to play in rapture with the new mechanics, kind of a no brainer...will buy.

I have the season pass for ghosts and just realized that I got charged 15 bux for the map pack I just downloaded. I wonder if microbone will refund me :roll:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Speaking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5Tbos3M1g

*Warning Spoilers in the Trailer*
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Let Us Help You wrote:Time to go back to Stalker and try out the Misery mod.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Yeah I'm about 5 minutes away from installing this. I've never really played it at length, but I'm definitely in the mood for this kind of game. Have you tried it yet? I'll report back.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Yeah, I tried it briefly and got wiped out by a snork within 3 minutes. Putting on a helmet now realistically obscures your view a bit like Metro. It's obviously very hardcore, gonna have to stock up on vodka and go in proper this weekend.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Barely runs on my decent gaming rig with the settings dropped. I remember why I stopped playing this the first time around.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot