The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

canon.docre wrote:Barely runs on my decent gaming rig with the settings dropped. I remember why I stopped playing this the first time around.
I've tried 5 times to play Stalker and every time I ended up with a different glitch that prevented me from progressing in the main story. Fucking pinko bastards.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

posting this here for more exposure:

DARK SOULS II VS WITCHER 3

http://poll.pollcode.com/9536694

:watch:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

also, if i suck at internetting, just say it on here
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I'd kill myself before choosing.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

nintendo canceled the arkham origins DLC for the wii u and refunded everyone who bought a season pass. how fucking bad must sales have been for them to cancel DLC, the thing often regarded as a quick and easy cash-in? especially since it was already made for other consoles. they apparently didn't think it'd be financially worthwhile to even bother porting it, after already charging people for it. i don't remember that ever happening for a major game. that's like a kickstarter problem, not a major game company problem

also DmC is ridiculous, insane fun.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

They've done the exact same shit with a few other consoles before. Gamecube launched with fucking zilch, stayed that way for some time.

They're too small a company to churn out big gun first-party home console titles quickly, I think. It takes a large whole-corporation-team years to make one

according to google + my brain a Wii U game is 15240.9302326 times bigger than Super Mario World
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

fuck everything
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Didn't that thing launch with New Super Mario Bros Wii U?

I played a little over an hour of Deadpool last night. All I'm willing to say about the game at this moment is, "It's not bad." And you can print THAT in your lousy gossip pages, you vultures.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:It's not like the WiiU was cutting edge tech that developers had to get used to.
well.... actually Miyamoto said that very thing last night. which is an entirely separate issue and speaks to how far behind the rest of the games industry Nintendo has gotten. some third party developer, forgot his name but he's at a big company, said a few days ago Nintendo literally said NOTHING to them while designing the hardware for the Wii U. so they didn't consult with third parties and now admit even they weren't prepared to work with their new technology (which isn't that great anyway). All those voluntary pay cuts by the top Nintendo brass are definitely well earned.

EDIT: source is from Forbes: "When questioned about the lack of Wii U games, Iwata said 'not that we’re trying to give excuses,' but pointed to Miyamoto who said there was a big technological leap between the Wii and Wii U they weren’t ready for. Given their competition, they really, really should have been ready for it."
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

:lol: yeah, I can't imagine what goes on deep in the bowels of Nintendo HQ, but thank god for that giant pile of will money because even now they're in no danger of going the way of sega or anything.

and there's this: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2014/01/n ... lity-life/
But, said Iwata, the aim is to create a platform that’s not a videogame machine first and foremost, but one that’s entirely focused around these “quality of life” apps. Thus, he hopes to sail the company into another “blue ocean” — an untapped market of consumers who’d never buy a videogame console, but who would buy a product focused around health instead of hijinks.

Nintendo said it plans to discuss the specific details of what it’s calling the QOL platform this year, with an eye towards releasing it during the fiscal year that begins in April 2015 and ends in March 2016. It’s a “non-wearable” device, Iwata said, but declined to give any more details on what that meant.

“As those who are already suffering from illness can seek medical care, our new business domain would… enable people to monitor their health,” Iwata said. “However, what is generally good for health requires some kind of effort to be made by the individual, and… it is sometimes difficult to stay focused and engaged, and it is not uncommon to give up after a few days.”
maybe they're seriously thinking about shrinking the videogame part of their business? I'm not a fitness guru, but i can't imagine nintendo taking ANY market share away from the Fitbits of the world, especially in a few more years once those products are even more entrenched. seems like a strange development to me
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote: :fp:

How were they not ready for this?

"Anyone check out the new system? Have we started to... you know... figure out how to make games for it?"

[rolling around and giggling in a pile of Wii money] "heeheeeheehee--I'm sorry, did you say something?"
I don't know about all this. I've never heard an Asian Hee-Hee laugh.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:The whole APPEAL of Nintendo-- aside from the quality of their major games which are usually awesome-- is that it IS just game machine.
To you maybe, but the reason my mom, a lady who was in her late 50s at the time, hated technology and basically couldn't figure out the TV remote, bought a Wii was because of Wii Fit. So based on the anecdotal evidence of my mom, the health applications that seem extraneous to you are at least one of the reasons why so many people who otherwise never had or wanted a game console bought a Wii. The other being the party games, I guess.

Besides, I don't think basically being the Apple of the gaming world, i.e. designing all of their software with a primary focus on being as headache-free as possible, is a big enough selling point for most of the gaming audience. I actually agree with you there and I still miss the days when you could just pop a fucking cartridge into a console and it would work exactly as intended, but even I wouldn't buy a Nintendo console just based on that, and it's not something they can control because if third party developers are unable to make games that work without patches, that's that.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Of course if that was the goal, telling people how the new hardware works would've been a good place to start.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

I finally burnt out on Spelunky and purchased Civilization V last night. I bought the "Campaign edition" but this doesn't allow online multiplayer? Fuck off?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

playing dragon age: origins. first time playing, and I threw it on hard because what the fuck, why not. really fun, really hard! have to think about what I'm doing in encounters or I die. running a rogue and basically stealthing up on groups of dudes and bombing/acid flasking the shit out of them then kiting the survivors back to my fighters. the voice acting is so bad, its good. the dog is cute but I feel like he might be a bit of a liability. should I stick with him or just swap him out for someone with some actual skills?
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Swap the dog out. He's okay for the first few portions of the game but becomes worthless quickly. Do you have Golem DLC? She's a beast so get her in your party as soon as possible. Loved that game so much when it came out and it's about the only game where Bioware had some good morally gray choices to make. I might have to play through it again in a year or two. Stay away from bows for your rogue, bows are fucking worthless in that game and you're better off dual wielding knives and backstabbing the shit out of people while your warriors distract them. There are loads of good mods on the Dragon Age Nexus too if you're interested in a second playthrough.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Wang Mandu wrote:Swap the dog out. He's okay for the first few portions of the game but becomes worthless quickly. Do you have Golem DLC? She's a beast so get her in your party as soon as possible. Loved that game so much when it came out and it's about the only game where Bioware had some good morally gray choices to make. I might have to play through it again in a year or two. Stay away from bows for your rogue, bows are fucking worthless in that game and you're better off dual wielding knives and backstabbing the shit out of people while your warriors distract them. There are loads of good mods on the WaterBuffalo Age Nexus too if you're interested in a second playthrough.
Argh I've already started dumping my shit into archery. It can be fun dumping points into under-powered skill trees in games like this just to figure out a way to make it work. Its not like I'm playing online so I don't have to be playing competitively. I'm trying to use it to stun people and shit, we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: also this is just a piratebay copy but I think there is a bunch of DLC included. I'm basically adding everyone I come across to my party but just sticking with morrigan, alistair, myself and I guess I'll be swapping that dog out for maybe that qunari fighter I just pulled off of death row.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Shouldn't be too bad then and it's nice to play as a rogue and get easy unlock chests and find traps xp. Keep two tanks around to protect Morrigan and you. Also, there is a respec mod or a cheat you can use by enabling the in-game console. Helpful if your pc's playstyle gets boring. I used it before because a giant two handed sword was more fun that sword and boarding it. Also, offensive casting mages are by far the most powerful characters for you or your party. Are you playing with Friendly Fire on?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

talking about origins is so painful :cry: I have little hope for DA3, but if it's good... I'll come running back to bioware and promise never to leave again
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Wang Mandu wrote:Shouldn't be too bad then and it's nice to play as a rogue and get easy unlock chests and find traps xp. Keep two tanks around to protect Morrigan and you. Also, there is a respec mod or a cheat you can use by enabling the in-game console. Helpful if your pc's playstyle gets boring. I used it before because a giant two handed sword was more fun that sword and boarding it. Also, offensive casting mages are by far the most powerful characters for you or your party. Are you playing with Friendly Fire on?
I haven't even figured out the "find traps" mechanic, they're always so limp when I set them off that I haven't really bothered. Good to know about the respec. Friendly fire it on, learned that the hard way with a flask of acid. The mage does seem to be pounding everything into dust already so that's cool. I like the shield smashes for knocking dudes down, I need to take multiple dudes out quickly or my party just gets swarmed and I burn all my healing items in a fight.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Spooky Apparition wrote:talking about origins is so painful :cry: I have little hope for DA3, but if it's good... I'll come running back to bioware and promise never to leave again
video game sequels are nature's fucking movie sequels nowadays. I can't think of too many sequels in the last few years that actually worthwhile. battlefield 3, then 4 :fp: . skyrim was better than oblivion, but barely. every single 1vs1 fighter game is at best treading water.

EDIT: your avatar is like smoking salvia or DMT.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i just rage quit Castlevania: LOS after that fucking dragon boss decided to dump me off for the 4th time. 1st fall? okay, that was my fault. the next three? hey, if you're given a sequence where your dude auto jumps to the next platform, how about he doesn't fucking miss?
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Which part of the dragon ? You have to initiate the jumps at specific times or fall

Beating that bitch's time trial was very satisfying
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

mostly the parts where you're hanging off the ends of the ribs, but another one was just like "guess what, we're going to dump you off before telling you to hit RT to not fall off"
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.