The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by riley-o »

Yeah the ribs have really sensitive timing. I also got dropped a number of times just because.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

came home today and beat it first try. the lucifer fight is a joke. i guess i'll do the DLC?

outlast is free on ps4 for ps+ members this week :tup:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The story mode in Lords of Shadow 2 has been stated to be far longer than the previous one.
jesus christ, this one took 20 hours
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Got over 10 million on the last of the minigames in rocksmith last night. I'm going to platimum this game and prove to the world just how good of a guitarist i am and it will for sure be my most satisfying platinum of all
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Besides the souls games
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm fucking terrible at guitar
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i've been waiting for outlast forever :tup:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

copstache wrote:
The story mode in Lords of Shadow 2 has been stated to be far longer than the previous one.
jesus christ, this one took 20 hours
no shit, i don't know if I WANT it to be longer. LoS could have shaved like 5 hours off the playtime and been just as good, if not better.

riley: i've gotten 10 million in like half of those games but temple of bends is pissing me off. how do you actually switch strings? i get to a platform with two choices of frets to play, but i can't tell if i'm supposed to play on another string or what. my color blindness might be screwing me over here.

i'm up to 58% for the trophies though... got two gold trophies for getting a platinum rating on master difficulty in score attack 8) probably the two easiest gold trophies i've ever gotten
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Temple of bends was the last one i got and by far the one i hated the worst. The tremelo one took more plays (almost 150 :lol: ) but the vast majority of the deaths were my fault so it made me less angry and controller-throwy which is good because my Gibson controller is fucking expensive. I was at x10 maxed out bonus before i ever came close to beating elther level. I think i had like 65 stars by the time i beat tremelo which would have put me at x14 if it kept going :lol:

in temple of bends you can cheat by just sliding up a half step and get a "perfect bend" every time, which helped a lot. As for the gems, yeah the fucking colour blindness killed me too. The E and G strings are basically the same colour, and so are the D and e strings. Does colourblind mode even do anything ?! I can't tell any difference when it's off or on. But what you need to do to switch strings is do the bend/slide on the correct coloured string at the number that's under the gem. The other number let's you keep progressing up the vines and stay on the same string, but no multiplier.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

oh god, that fucking tremolo game. with most of the games that I've scored 10 million on, I've sat down and played through them in one session and not had too difficult of a time. I've played the tremolo one at least an hour and am barely getting into the low 1 or 2 millions, and that's when I have what seems like a 'good' run. I want to beat that tonight but I'm sure it'll take a few more hours, ugh. definitely the most tedious one so far, but I haven't tried the harmonic game yet.

good tip on sliding up a half step for temple, I'll definitely do that. even with colorblind mode on, E and G look way too similar. I think that mode just switches the order of the colors but doesn't actually use different ones... maybe, not sure. I switched it on as soon as I saw it was available and haven't gone back to regular. I'll just guess and hope I get it right on temple because I don't think it'd be possible to get 10 million without the multipliers.

overall the platinum shouldn't be too tough though. i figured they'd have something ridiculous like getting 100% on some shredding solo, but there's nothing that bad.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The harmonic game is one of the easiest. Maybe the easiest. Just get as far ahead as you can early on, then be conservative until you get to a multiple theft mask and hit it like 15 times.

I find the game says I miss notes that I think I've hit more often than I like, so I'm definitely dreading going for the 10 100%s, knowing that'll be a real headache. Blitzkrieg Bop, My Own Summer, a couple others will be relatively easy, and I guess there's a couple I could do bass for. The problem is that I don't know most of these songs and have heard them for the first time playing this game, so playing them without any mistake with no tab becomes that much harder. and the songs I do know are fucking hard !

EDIT: Forgot Ninja Slide N. Definitely the easiest. I got over 10 million on both String Skip and Ducks in less games than Harmonic Heist, but Harmonic still felt easier. It was all natural harmonics, no artificial ones, so that made it a lot easier.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

my buddy brought over Rocksmith a couple weeks ago, and most of the time i couldn't even tell which goddamn string i was supposed to be playing on
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i've been playing guitar for ~10 years
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i downloaded dead island because its free

i played it for 30 minutes

i might play more, i might not

:?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I had the same experience except I paid for it
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I did not play it more
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i swtiched to the analog style combat immediately

its a good & novel system, visceral, satisfying

but its a zombie game with a lot of australian accents :fp: :evil: :tdown:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

the middle act suffers from a crazy difficulty spike, but the game's decent enough :tup:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

riley-o wrote:I find the game says I miss notes that I think I've hit more often than I like, so I'm definitely dreading going for the 10 100%s, knowing that'll be a real headache. Blitzkrieg Bop, My Own Summer, a couple others will be relatively easy, and I guess there's a couple I could do bass for. The problem is that I don't know most of these songs and have heard them for the first time playing this game, so playing them without any mistake with no tab becomes that much harder. and the songs I do know are fucking hard !
oh yeah, I bought the original Rocksmith disc and imported the songs into RS14 for $10. there are a few seriously easy tracks among those 50 (and also some REALLY shitty ones). I'd assume those would count toward the total. not sure I'd recommending buying the disc based on the quality of the songs alone, although if you can sell the disc back, 50ish songs for $10 isn't bad.

my first 100% was the Jack White song on rhythm, so you should give that one a shot if you haven't. it's pretty much the same three parts with no variations or unique licks thrown in. I'll probably try to 100% the AIC track as one of my 10, in addition to the ones you mentioned, but man I really hate that song.

my next DLC: BOC "Godzilla." not because I could come close to 100%ing though... I just need to sit down and seriously commit to learning some solos and that song has like 20 of them. plus DFTR is awesome and I just want more BOC.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'll probably grab Burnin' for You before too long. I've learned both that and DFtR in the past but they both have tricky parts and so far I only have 80% on DFtR. I got over 90% in two attempts at that Alice in Chains song. The AiC pack sorta sucks in terms of both content and as far as guitar parts go being pretty fucking boring. I'm sure I'll end up grabbing the Radiohead and Iron Maiden packs before too long
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
and probably the Weezer one and maybe the Smashing Pumpkins one :oops: :oops: :oops:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

riley-o wrote:Got over 10 million on the last of the minigames in rocksmith last night. I'm going to platimum this game and prove to the world just how good of a guitarist i am and it will for sure be my most satisfying platinum of all
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Besides the souls games
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm fucking terrible at guitar

But have you score challenged on Learn A Song?

I'm number 3 on Aces High in the "Xbox world" on rhythm and 5th on Lead.

I'm determined to get number one on a song.

I got given Rocksmith for PS3 - Can we multiplay jam over the net?
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

so i was thinking of live streaming my outlast playthrough tomorrow night if anyone wants to check it out. you can all hear me scream like a girl
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Post a link!
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

will do. i'll try to get the girlfriend to play as well
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Awesome. I should be able to watch a bit before going to work.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

#1 on PSN for aces high :cheers:
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

that is bad-fucking-ass. :tup:
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

A pretty stupid week for gaming (last week was). Let's go:

Deadpool: Started out just fine, but became boring and sometimes frustrating. I think there are only 4 different types of normal bad guys that you fight over and over. Then there are these mini-bosses that can't be countered so all you can do is peck at them for a long time till they die. Worst of all, Deadpool's counter button is also his teleport button, and the game does not give two rats' asses if you want to counter or teleport and will just decide for you at random. Nice stuff trying to block an attack only to be thrown across the room into a sea of more enemies. Will not finish this game, it can fuck off.

Metal Gear Rising: Awesome stuff once again. I unlocked Grey Fox's sword, so now things are getting real slice n' dice, man. I skip the cut-scenes, of course, but every so often that annoying kid gets a word in there and my blood boils. How do you make the audience forget how awful Raiden used to be? Introduce an even more awful character.

Asura's Wraith: I figured since I was playing a terrible game in the form of Deadpool I might as well keep going. This thing has been on my shelf for awhile so let's get rid of it already. I'd let you know how the game is, but I'm not sure I'm playing a game. I'm certainly watching a retarded anime. In all seriousness, it has had more action than other games like this I've goofed around with (i.e. Walking Dead) and they sure nailed the vibe of a typical anime. I have no idea how this game is going to old my attention for long, though. Not sure I want to ever turn it on again, but I didn't dislike it... yet!

All this is probably a sign to finally start Metro 2033 already.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

streaming my first playthrough of outlast tonight at 10pm est

http://www.twitch.tv/mustbeandrew

if anyone wants to check it out