The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Spooky Apparition »

cool, i'll check out the stream :tup:
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

it's up
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Didnt get a chance to check out the stream. How is the game, gotb?

Game Informer says they played Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain for 4 hours, they completed the campaign, and messed around with extra modes. :lol:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

good so far but a tad too reliant on jump scares. having a lot of fun though
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha, I'm an idiot.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i checked out the outlast stream for a little bit... seems cool, but i didn't want any spoilers because i'll play it when i get a PS4. also no one was responding in the chat so i got bored. the stream was really high quality though, pretty impressed by that
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I was checking is there are any games coming real soon that would be worth it, as I can't think of any of the top of my head. These seem to be the major ones:

Far Cry Classic: I'll replay the original Far Cry if it has improved graphics (and hopefully a better save system), but it looks like it's not scheduled to be released in North America yet :?: So, I don't know if it's actually going to be available in two weeks.

Strider: Three weeks from now. Looks like Shadow Complex, from what I saw. Most likely getting it.

Thief: 5 weeks. Eh? I didn't like Deus Ex: HR and Dishonored filled the first person sneaking itch I rarely get.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2: 5 weeks. The first one lost me as I don't like the God of War hurricane style combat. Doubtful.

South Park: 6 weeks. Will have to get some heavenly reviews.

After that comes a wave of things like Metal Gear and Dark Souls
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Looks like Amazon is getting closer to entering gaming. They bought Double Helix, makers of the new Killer Instinct and Strider. Wonder what that means for those titles as if I ever get an Xbone (has anyone here bought one?) KI is a game I am interested. I also wonder what that will mean for new consile game releases...
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I just went back and finished Homefront (didn't realize I was only a level and a half from the end). Boy, what a shitty fucking game. Half the time you die it's because you're supposed to be doing something where they give you absolutely no indication of what that might be. No fucking wonder THQ went bankrupt. There was billboards for that piece of crap all over LA for weeks when it came out.

I want a good shooting game, goddamnit!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

delmuerte wrote:I just went back and finished Homefront (didn't realize I was only a level and a half from the end). Boy, what a shitty fucking game. Half the time you die it's because you're supposed to be doing something where they give you absolutely no indication of what that might be. No fucking wonder THQ went bankrupt. There was billboards for that piece of crap all over LA for weeks when it came out.

That Boss battle thing at the end was the worst. Totally a matter of been punished for not doing something exactly and standing in a specific place at the right time. It seemed like a rail shooting part that they forgot to put on rails, if memory serves. It is funny how my patience for these modern warfare shooting gallery games took a drastic nose dive after I beat Homefront.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hmm? Question! If I buy Strider for the PS3 from the PSN, will be able to play it on the PS4 down the line? It's available on both systems.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Yeah, I died at least 10 times because following the on-screen direction (i.e., "SHOOT!") didn't work out. You have to deploy some kinda countermeasure but I only figured that out after hitting F accidentally while trying to hit G for grenade. Fuck YOU!!
The Bill wrote:
delmuerte wrote:I just went back and finished Homefront (didn't realize I was only a level and a half from the end). Boy, what a shitty fucking game. Half the time you die it's because you're supposed to be doing something where they give you absolutely no indication of what that might be. No fucking wonder THQ went bankrupt. There was billboards for that piece of crap all over LA for weeks when it came out.

That Boss battle thing at the end was the worst. Totally a matter of been punished for not doing something exactly and standing in a specific place at the right time. It seemed like a rail shooting part that they forgot to put on rails, if memory serves. It is funny how my patience for these modern warfare shooting gallery games took a drastic nose dive after I beat Homefront.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

people here played metro: last light, right? is ranger mode worth the $5? i can play the normal game for free since it's on PS+, so i'd have no problem dropping $5 if that makes the game what it's supposed to be.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

wasn't ranger mode just the harder difficulty? that's why people were so pissed they had to pay for it?

imho the game is decent, but i wouldn't put any money towards it. the first one is better
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i think it changes the difficulty in quite a few ways, it seems sorta like hardcore mode in new vegas, which i thought was cool

i guess i should have first asked if the game is good enough to warrant spending any money. i'll give it a shot for a while and decide later

even though they got average reviews, i'm also looking forward to trying out payday 2 and remember me. hell, even the street fighter vs. tekken vita game. between all that stuff and outlast, this is a pretty SICK month for PS+
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I was pretty underwhelmed by Metro Last Light. I don't leave too many games unfinished but it's looking like that's going to be one of them.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i won't argue with anyone who says that. i think it's worth finishing, but it is a tad underwhelming. i just love the atmosphere

try the first one for sure
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i thought it was pretty underwhelming and charmless even considering it was an under the radar type of thing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

okay fuck it, i'm going to keep pushing through DmC for the time being i guess. i'm not big on shooters in the first place, but for some reason i thought people here dug M:LL. maybe i was thinking of the first one.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Last Light was great! Gameplay isn't too amazing, but the story and visuals are amazing.

Remember Me is maybe the worst fucking game ever.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Spooky Apparition wrote:okay fuck it, i'm going to keep pushing through DmC for the time being i guess. i'm not big on shooters in the first place, but for some reason i thought people here dug M:LL. maybe i was thinking of the first one.
yeah, i had kind of a hard time pushing myself through DmC too, but i'm glad i played it. it was way better and sillier than i expected it to be
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

delmuerte wrote:Last Light was great! Gameplay isn't too amazing, but the story and visuals are amazing.

Remember Me is maybe the worst fucking game ever.
hahah, I think I remember your posts about remember me and how much you hated that game. I'll definitely be playing last light before that one. remember me just seems... stylish? that makes me want to give it a shot even it if sucks.

copstache: i'm actually liking DmC quite a bit, i'm just splitting my time between a few games so I feel like my progress is super slow. I need to sit down and just blast through a handful of chapters in one night. man, that story... :lol: it's funny both intentionally and unintentionally. I dig the overall presentation too, except those damn nu-metalish tracks
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i dunno, like Revengeance, that bullshit nu-metal soundtrack kind of makes it awesome in a fucking retarded way. the dialogue before the succubus fight is legitimately some of the funniest shit i've ever heard in a game. like you said, both intentionally and accidentally.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiI4NpzIRr0<
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

in the true spirit of retro gaming, I'm asking the following question here rather than googling it to see if any of you remember:

in Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES, where do you get the air magic emblem to open dungeon 6, the one in the bottom left corner swamp? I can get access to the place, I just don't have the air magic thingy to open it.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

It's been cunting forever since I played that, but if I'm remembering correctly, in the dark world, one of the screens on the bottom of the map has a line of hammerable posts. You use the magic mirror within that and then it puts you on top of the cliff wall and you can run to the bottom left corner of the map where the magic is.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES