The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Let Us Help You »

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls8FBFFjMxk<

This fucking game. Lost two days to it already. :drooly:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

that looks fucking amazing
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:the most damning thing I can say about LoS's combat is the only thing I remember about it is the meters... that's it. and it sounds like combat is the BEST part of LoS2 :lol:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... f-shadow-2

OUCH
As of this moment LOS 2 is rocking a cool 60 on Metacritic. Also, as of this moment Deadpool is at 62. Deadpool is 2 better than LOS 2. Come on now!

Also, I skimmed one random review and they mentioned stealth. Stealth? In a Castlevania game? ...

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote: - I want to try the mode where you die in one hit, but it's dumb that they lock it behind ANOTHER unlockable difficulty level. my backlog is too big right now, so I'll have to pass for now
Honestly, as much as I loved the game for one playthrough, it gets stale pretty quick when you play it again. I moved up to whatever difficulty it is that adds new mobs, but it's really just another big fat enemy after you've just defeated one, and it gets draining very quickly.

Vanquish, on the other hand... yeah, play that next.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i wasn't planning on getting Thief right away, but then i saw it on greenmangaming for $37.50 and had to bite. downloading now. despite the not-great reviews, it seems like it's being received pretty well by the average joe.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

my homeboy got it. we both played it religiously in 98 on. i watched a bit and from what near as i can tell you can change the settings to make it damn near close to impossible and kinda get rid of all the new school bs..

i read A LOT of negative reviews and really not one of the reviewers ever gave me the impression they understand thief at all.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:
i read A LOT of negative reviews and really not one of the reviewers ever gave me the impression they understand thief at all.
RPS's review seems the most trustworthy. But everyone says the story is dogshit :lol:.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

How soon does Castlevania: Lords of Shadows pick up? I'm only about an hour in and friday is going to be 60fps 1440p Resident :mastoman: Evil :bean: 4 so I might just send it back to the bench and keep on with Dark Souls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I've got $5 towards copstache buying this game, a bottle of booze and live streaming his playthrough.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251870/
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:I've got $5 towards copstache buying this game, a bottle of booze and live streaming his playthrough.

the reviews on that page are so good :lol:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha yeah. I spent most of my break reading them.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

At dinner last night I kept singing this tune, complete with the sound effect and the Colonel's "snake! SNAKE!"

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8m1Rk0oCU<

The kids were slightly interested, but the Mrs. was not amused at all. WOMEN!!!

Speaking of the kids, the wife, and not being amused. Now that the kids' winter break is over, it's back to waking-up super early to get them ready/to school in the mornings. Also, now that the Olympics are over, regular (aka horrible) TV my wife wants to watch with me, as part of quality time together, is back in full swing. This all means that my nice time getting Dark Souls playtime almost everyday is over for now. Last night I was too tired to start playing, and even so I had to go watch nu-Dallas and Supernatural. I guess I've been Snaked.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD8rXr2cxAs<
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

bunch of layoffs at sony santa monica, including the lead designer who had been working on a new IP for four freaking years, which has also been canceled.

a career in the games industry seems scary.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:bunch of layoffs at sony santa monica, including the lead designer who had been working on a new IP for four freaking years, which has also been canceled.

a career in the games industry seems scary.

Yeah, like when the Bioshock studio laid of 75% of the employees just because Kevin Levine wants to do something different. The movie and TV industry has a bunch of unions in place to protect people from this sort of erratic behavior. Does the gaming industry have any unions per say?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:Yeah, like when the Bioshock studio laid of 75% of the employees just because Kevin Levine wants to do something different.
I'm pretty sure the 5 years of development and only selling as much as the first game was the cause of that.
Spooky Apparition wrote:a career in the games industry seems scary.
Yeah it does. Especially with how staff is quietly let go once a game is nearly finished.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:I've got $5 towards copstache buying this game, a bottle of booze and live streaming his playthrough.

So I did some looking into this but unfortunately it looks pretty linear and is all text, no voice. Not sure it would be entertaining for anyone involved.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Shitty. I was hoping it was an innocent tour guide turned interactive hentai that somehow got approved on Steam.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

finally started playing spelunky (vita version)... this sums it up:
kickpuncher wrote:man this Spelunky game is kicking my ass... but i love it
every time I get to a dark level it's basically instant game over :(
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Tomb Raider coming to PS+ next week. Shit, they really are kicking out some major jams with this thing lately. I thought TR was really good-- worth the full price, actually. I sold it back with some other good games when I got my 3Ds but now it can come on back to daddy...
As of now, Tomb Raider is my number one pick up whenever I get that PS4. :tup2: to Tomb Raider, but :fp: to the rest of the next/now gen releases.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Fung Tunt wrote:>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P7l73d19Dc<

mame emulator = best thing ever 8)

I beat that game in the arcade and on the NES. Great stuff back in the day. My problem with MEME is that without the threat of wasting another quarter I sort of just blast through games like this with a devil may care attitude about dying. Many times I end up getting bored.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Tomb Raider coming to PS+ next week. Shit, they really are kicking out some major jams with this thing lately. I thought TR was really good-- worth the full price, actually. I sold it back with some other good games when I got my 3Ds but now it can come on back to daddy...
As of now, Tomb Raider is my number one pick up whenever I get that PS4. :tup2: to Tomb Raider, but :fp: to the rest of the next/now gen releases.
I feel like EVERYTHING is coming out for ps3 and ps4. Are they just hedging their bets because they're afraid if they only release these on ps4, not one of them is actually a console seller?
Seriously with this. I'm almost tempted to just get the 360 era versions of Wolfenstein or Mad Max or whatever. I think what I'll do is, just stop getting new games until I get a new system. This will force me to beat a bunch of games I already have, stop the library bloat of new incoming games, and these things should be patched and discounted by purchase time. I guess I'll just have to make due without those pre-order bonuses :wank:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

do you just mean the number of cross-gen games? that's pretty commonplace when new consoles launch and sometimes for way longer. i'm pretty sure FIFA was still being made for PS2 as of last year.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I could very well be remembering wrong, but while I certainly know there were SOME cross-gen games, I feel like there are a lot more this time.
There were a lot last time around as well. The PS2 and 360 shared a ton of titles. I don't remember what it was like with the PS2 and PS3, though.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

Pisscubes wrote:I could very well be remembering wrong, but while I certainly know there were SOME cross-gen games, I feel like there are a lot more this time.

i went online to buy a ps4 and when i looked at the games to get with it the only ones i wanted were ones ive already played on ps3 and tomb raider which i could get for free if i wait 2 days
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i still bought it anyway
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

Spooky Apparition wrote:i'm pretty sure FIFA was still being made for PS2 as of last year.
brazil
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do