The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I want a Batman game with non-combat Bruce Wayne parts, seriously. like approving industrial order forms and going on dates and shit.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Possibly a new Rocksteady Batman announcement. If it's simply more of the same, I'll still buy it cause, who am I fooling, I'm that series' bitch. But I would really, really like to see them maybe keep the basic fighting and stealth mechanics and then try something decently different then the other three. I don't know what that would entail, honestly, but I just know that if it's more of City/Origins, I'll probably still have fun, but feel that emptiness inside grow a bit that I felt with Origins.
What the hell could they do? Add Bat-Mobile stuff. Change the setting to Metropolis or Star City? Add other playable DC characters like the Justice League? They should definitely look at all the Spider-Man titles as a guild as to what not to do to change up a title.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I thought some of the puzzle stuff in Origins was pretty cool. Or actually, I guess, just the one inside the apartment where you figured out how the murder went down was pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing that being a bigger aspect of the game. I'd be a-ok with an interrogation system, too-- but I'm narrative driven anyway. A Batman Beyond thing would be pretty awesome-- Future Gotham? I'm 'bout it.
That crime scene was quite fun, as was Deadshot's to a lesser extent. Yeah, a little more of that would be good.

Never really watched Batman Beyond, so they would kind of lose me on that coarse of action.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Just threw this on at work, could only pay for two seconds, with so many people around.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/633626
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

has anyone tried the new thief yet? any thoughts?
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i have it. it's pretty underwhelming. it's not particularly good or bad, it's buggy as hell but not in any way that breaks the game... it might be a decent game to buy down the road when it's super cheap if you're into that kind of thing. i got it on sale so i'm not too disappointed.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I'm making a free-to-play MOBA game called Niggers VS Humans: The ZOG Chronicles and you can all get in on beta signups in 3 months after my daughter is born
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i played a couple more hours of Thief, i'm warming up to it a little. the side missions are the best part of the game, even though all they usually are is "go to this house, find this treasure and steal it."

the bank heist pre-order bonus is the best thing in the entire game so far. it's basically old school thief! and it's a preorder bonus! what a mess.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the bank heist in metal age is basically my gaming happy place for all eternity. i can still just go there in my head and enjoy it..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Besides having to get used to the tank controls again, Resident Evil 4 holds up pretty fucking well. I forgot how good the music is and how creepy all the villagers are when they spot you and yell out some gurgled Spanish.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

This is the second remake of RE4, right? I'm sure it's good, but with the (undeservedly, imo) lukewarm reception of RE5 and the complete disaster that was RE6, it kind of looks like Capcom have given up on creating new stuff.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

They ported it to ps2 with an extra campaign as ada, then to xbl for the HD treatment. So only 1 remake. And yeah, 4 is king, though I still love the 1st 3 regardless of the graphics and campiness. I was annoyed that they never gave re2 and 3 the complete gamecube treatment that they gave re1. Capcom and nintendo could've made a mint. Hell, they still could; I'd buy a re 2 or 3 remake in a heartbeat instead of the kind of trash they've put out after 4. I mean the framerate in 6? Just horrible (among other things obviously).
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The South Park game looks really fucking awesome.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Ghost Dad wrote:instead of the kind of trash they've put out after 4. I mean the framerate in 6? Just horrible (among other things obviously).
5 ruled and the framerate in 6 is buttery smooth (PC version :awesome:). That first demo was a total pile of shit.
spacehamster wrote:This is the second remake of RE4, right?
Well, the first PC version is a commonly cited example of a shitty port. IIRC, it didn't even use the mouse or something really weird with the controls. I'm just stoked Japanese studios are finally starting to see that they can make money by putting out a PC version. Dark Souls, Metal Gear Rising, RE4 re-release, Deadly Premonition (although it's of shitty quality), Killer is Dead in May, etc. Would kill for Ninja Gaiden Black and II HD remakes, Vanquish, Bayonetta, and Dragon's Dogma.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:I'm just stoked Japanese studios are finally starting to see that they can make money by putting out a PC version.
Sure - let's just hope they also get better at optimizing them - or at least keep the PC versions mod-friendly, ahem. The PC version of Revengeance is nice, but it's also only marginally better than on PS3, and, well, Dark Souls, you know. But in the case of RE4, I just can't help but notice that post-RE4 the franchise has been in trouble, and it's kind of amusing how Capcom seems to just keep releasing failed sequels and HD remakes of RE4. That's an exaggeration, but it's kind of what it looks like.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:instead of the kind of trash they've put out after 4. I mean the framerate in 6? Just horrible (among other things obviously).
5 ruled and the framerate in 6 is buttery smooth (PC version :awesome:). That first demo was a total pile of shit.
It's choppy on the 360 (re4 is smoother for fucks sake!). And 5...well, I think that can of worms has been opened up before on here...no more action movie partner games for the franchise, plz.

Come to think of it, the g.c. release of RE1 was legitimately scary...
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/2/ ... vil-within

this is from a few weeks ago, but it's a really cool article if you're at all interested in Shinji Mikami and how the Japanese games industry has changed.

basically, it got me pumped for Evil Within and I really hope it does well. the guy's directing history is mostly stellar and I'm sure it'll be worth playing, but hopefully it gives survival horror a swift kick in the ass and reminds everyone why those games used to be such big deals.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Can't say the title of the new Batman blows me away but it does look like you get to drive the batmobile...

http://kotaku.com/the-next-batman-game- ... 1535974963
No 360 or PS3? Yeah, that was the game I was waiting for to justify getting the PS4.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

$10 says the Joker is the main villain.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I just can't get excited about another new batman game :( maybe that'll change once I see some gameplay, but I wish Rocksteady could have used their talents on something different.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:They claim it's Scarecrow but then there's some kind of sticker with Harley on it on the front :?

If they do yet another Joker "reveal" in this one they can get fucked.
I think it's for some pre-order dlc bullshit. Doesn't the Batman universe have a ton of interesting villains besides the usual Joker / Penguin / Two Face / Bane / Mr. Freeze? I couldn't tell if the voice over in the trailer was tongue in cheek or totally serious.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Well, I'm excited for it and I'm excited that now I know I will be getting a PS4 this year after all. So, those cross console games will be PS4 versions.

Also, I didn't know Wolfenstein is being made by the Riddick: Butcher Bay people:

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I HOPE it's awesome because I want another next-gen exclusive game to get when I get a PS4, but my reaction so far is sorta... ehhh....

also, supposedly that Wolfenstein game is looking solid. one of the Giant Bomb guys was talking about it and he seemed pretty impressed by the build he played.