The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3OP5-0ojKc<

Anyone want to take the plunge and play it? I'm sure The Bill already has it pre-ordered. :awesome: :lol:
I'll probably play that. That parts true. I have nothing on the pre-order list as of now. As for Wolfy, I'll wait till I have a PS4 & get that version.
:shock: :?: :shock:

Was this video originally for Wolfenstein? Was it always Rambo??? I must be going crazy . I swear it was Wolfenstein. So... ah... NO, I will not be playing Rambo. I have a friend whose obsessed with Stallone and we were ragging on him when reviews for this came out. He's the only person in the world that bought the Rocky boxing games first day. Pretty sure he'll buy this Rambo one day as well.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

bill that game has your name written all over it

whatever your real name is
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:bill that game has your name written all over it

whatever your real name is
Bill is his real name and in real, actual life we refer to him as The Bill. Anytime his name comes up among his friends it's The bill, never Bill.
Keeping it real.

This has my name all over it. Nazis, blood, guns akimbo. Once I actually posses a PS4 then this will be bought/pre-ordered:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXIcclBjE0<
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i really like the ps4 so far. the controller reminds me of the xbox 360 controller, the R2 and L2 buttons are more like triggers, which i like a lot. theres just no games to play for it right now so all i have is cod ghosts which is still pretty fun.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and the xbone controller reminds me of a playstation controller Image
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Playing EVE Online free trial. Surprisingly fun!
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

attn Mr. Spacehampster (and anyone who played Vanquish)

got any tips for a seriously shitty newb playing on normal? I'm really liking the feel of the game, and sliding behind people and taking them out is awesome, but I SUCK. I quit last night at the part in Act 1 where you have to lead the armored vehicle through the dark tunnel. I keep pumping bullets into those jellyfish bastards and just can't kill them quickly enough before they damage the vehicle.

do enemies generally have unique weak spots in this game, or weaknesses to different weapons? is it a good idea to slide behind enemies if possible? does that tend to inflict more damage? some of these bullet sponge guys just won't go down and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

that first boss fight was cool as hell, but it did take me about eight tries :oops: I probably pumped like 1,000 rounds into his stupid arm/leg joints....
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:attn Mr. Spacehampster (and anyone who played Vanquish)

got any tips for a seriously shitty newb playing on normal? I'm really liking the feel of the game, and sliding behind people and taking them out is awesome, but I SUCK. I quit last night at the part in Act 1 where you have to lead the armored vehicle through the dark tunnel. I keep pumping bullets into those jellyfish bastards and just can't kill them quickly enough before they damage the vehicle.

do enemies generally have unique weak spots in this game, or weaknesses to different weapons? is it a good idea to slide behind enemies if possible? does that tend to inflict more damage? some of these bullet sponge guys just won't go down and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

that first boss fight was cool as hell, but it did take me about eight tries :oops: I probably pumped like 1,000 rounds into his stupid arm/leg joints....
It's been a few years. I can't remember anything specific to your problem, but I know I stuck with one gun and fully up-graded it, before fooling around with another one. I rocketed around the floor like a crazy a lot, as well. Pretty sure I took out one enemy at a time. Hope any of that helps.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:attn Mr. Spacehampster (and anyone who played Vanquish)
a) You have to get a feel for the rhythm of the game. The bullet time mechanic is there for a reason - learn how to use it, and use it often. Once I got a handle on that, everything became a LOT easier.

b) Keep upgrading your weapons and do a scavenging run after you've cleared every major arena, if the game doesn't bounce you out with a cutscene. It's important to keep an eye on your upgrades because it takes a while to get a gun fully upgraded, and later in the game you'll need it.

c) Enemies generally do have weak spots, yeah. IIRC you have to shoot those jellyfish underneath, between their tentacles. Some of the Romanovs (the big-ass robots that come with various weapons) can practically be one-shotted if you know how.

Hope that helps, dude - the game's definitely not easy, but once you get a feel for it, it's all kinds of fun.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

spacehamster wrote:Hope that helps, dude - the game's definitely not easy, but once you get a feel for it, it's all kinds of fun.
feel: ACHIEVED
fun: YES

something clicked last night and I blasted through that tunnel section and got to the end of Act 2. this game makes stuff like Gears of War seem like slow, clunky crap (no offense Cliffy B). although that story.... let us speak not of the story. so far anyway. maybe they'll let me kill that old guy with the huge arms soon.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:At this point in time is it even possible for Titanfall to live up to its hype? It's not my kind of game, but I've heard so much about it and people really do seem to think it's going to be cool. But if it's not the new Call of Duty, has it failed? I just feel like the campaign to bill this as THE NEXT HUGE THING has been in overdrive for a year at this point.
It's pretty fucking fun and outside of the Payday games and a few MW mp matches, I've never been big on mp shooters. It's fast, running on walls and double jumping everywhere, and finally calling down your titan is really, really fun. I was going to buy it on release but am going to wait as I am consumed by Dark Souls II hype. Might pick it up once I finish DSII and play it while I wait for DS II on PC in April.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Just read up on some Elder Scroll Online stuff and it seems like the entire game can be played and beaten as a single player game. Hmm? As long as I don't have to pay some monthly charge this game is getting added to my Do Want PS4 list.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

witcher 3 trumps all of those, big boy
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:Dragon Age (I know 2 sucked, but I'm getting a good feeling the new one may be a return to form).
at least there are more than two damn environments in DA:I from the looks of things

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuR1Fn_b48<
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

gotb, my man. :tup:
Pisscubes wrote:Do you think it's perched to be the next Call of Duty? It's going to be interesting to see how successful it has to be after so much marketing that probably represents half of the money spent on an already huge project. After watching a bunch of games last do numbers that previously would have made them a hit be called "disappointing", I'm curious as to HOW well Titanfall needs to do in order for them to consider it as successful as they were banking on.
I think it will be pretty successful. The beta they had was a great idea but EA is stupid for signing an exclusivity agreement with MS. Xbone has sold 2~3 million consoles in the US? I think PS4 owners (and Steam gamers) would eat this game up if they had the chance. If I didnt have a PC and could actually buy an Xbone here, I'd think long and hard about getting one now.

Also, not quite sure about this but Respawn is like 60 employees or something. It's not like they spent Bioshock Infinite amounts of time and money and the game will have long legs with content updates if they are smart about it.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Pisscubes wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:witcher 3 trumps all of those, big boy
Is it Xbone exclusive like the Witcher 2 was on consoles?
nope
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:, Elder Scrolls Online and Dragon Age (I know 2 sucked, but I'm getting a good feeling the new one may be a return to form)
:lol: Don't do this to yourself man. The vast majority says ESO is a pile of dogshit and you'll have to pay an extra $15 a month to play it. Wait 6 months to a year when the bugs are fixed and it goes free to play. Cautiously optimistic about Dragon Age but I know Bioware is going to lock a party member behind some exclusive pre-order bullshit. I've got plenty of rpgs to play this year with The Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun expansion, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity and Dark Souls 2 all out in 2014. DA:I might get bought and I might just say good riddance to Bioware for good.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

its just going to get lost in all of the dark souls 2 hype in the next few weeks (and rightly so), but south park is a really really fun game
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

guardianoftheblind wrote:its just going to get lost in all of the dark souls 2 hype in the next few weeks (and rightly so), but south park is a really really fun game
good to hear. this'll be the first thing I play after beating Dark Souls 2 for sure.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Spooky Apparition wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:its just going to get lost in all of the dark souls 2 hype in the next few weeks (and rightly so), but south park is a really really fun game
this'll be the first thing I play after beating Dark Souls 2 for sure.
i dont think ill have south park beat by the time i get DS 2, but it'll be my fall back game if i get too frustrated for a bit
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvcjdFg8KgM<

if you have $4 and a pc, you could spend it a lot worse ways than playing this.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i thought it said five finger death punch
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hmm? I just read that the turn based combat in South Park is pretty easy & simple. Maybe I'll try a demo, if they have one.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

it was just announced yesterday actually that it will be released May 27th