The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Spooky Apparition »

VANQUISH IS AWESOME. goddamn. although it's so intense I can only play for about an hour at a time

re: watchdogs. I really, really, really think this is going to be one of those Ubisoft games that seems like the coolest thing ever for about 3 hours and then turns into repetitive BS. I'd love to be wrong and have it be amazing and worth getting a new console for, but the delay + how little we've actually seen of the game makes me have my doubts
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:What the hell happened to Watch Dogs? I feel like that was getting major hype and marketing and then they sort of mumbling something about a delay and then I haven't heard shit about it since.
I have no proof or any evidence, but my gut feeling was that Watch Dogs turn tailed and ran away from GTA V.

GTA V!!! Now here's a game collecting dust on my shelf. I assume this guys been patched and all that by now. Eh, I also have a gut feeling I'm never beating this game. Does it really deserve the initial love it got? I see folks around here replaying Dark Souls, Metal Gear Rising, trying indie/older games. Not seeing a whole lot of still playing or re-playing GTA V.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:not seeing a whole lot of still playing or re-playing GTA V.
I had a blast marathoning it over a short holiday break. I don't think I've ever fully replayed a GTA game or any open world game ever. I do every side mission possible, besides the collect 100 of these just because missions, so there isn't that much replay value for me. The problem is they dropped the ball fucking hard with the online portion and I think they still haven't added online heists. Sitting through multiple loading screens totaling a few minutes for deathmatch killed all interest I had in the online portion.
Spooky Apparition wrote:re: watchdogs. I really, really, really think this is going to be one of those Ubisoft games that seems like the coolest thing ever for about 3 hours and then turns into repetitive BS.

Couldn't finish Far Cry 3, finished Assassin's Creed 2 and got maybe an hour into Brotherhood before giving up, will probably never finish Blood Dragon, want to play AC4 because the pirates and naval battles look great but never will because of this stuff. There's just so much uninspired fluff and needless padding. The downgrade from Watch Dogs at E3 2012 to now is hilarous. Ubisoft are so full of shit with their reveals and I can't wait to see what The Division really looks like. But, that game does sound a lot more fun to play than Watch Dogs.
Last edited by Wang Mandu on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:VANQUISH IS AWESOME. goddamn. although it's so intense I can only play for about an hour at a time
:tup:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:What the hell happened to Watch Dogs? I feel like that was getting major hype and marketing and then they sort of mumbling something about a delay and then I haven't heard shit about it since.
I have no proof or any evidence, but my gut feeling was that Watch Dogs turn tailed and ran away from GTA V.

GTA V!!! Now here's a game collecting dust on my shelf. I assume this guys been patched and all that by now. Eh, I also have a gut feeling I'm never beating this game. Does it really deserve the initial love it got? I see folks around here replaying Dark Souls, Metal Gear Rising, trying indie/older games. Not seeing a whole lot of still playing or re-playing GTA V.
Mine is flat out busted. Will not load on my ps3. Black screen, that's it. I have no idea why. Fucking sucks.
That's bunk, dude. I could "understand" it if that happened to me with a PC/MAC version of a game, but console. :x

Also, that's reason #1 I always go 360 over PS3 for cross-platform titles. I've read the Skyrim stories. No, just NO!!!
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

Pisscubes wrote:Gamestop just sent me an email for a ps4 package-- under 500 bucks and comes with Second Son. This might be it guys...

i'd wait until destiny. then a bunch of stuff will be cheap.

i shouldn't have got one when i did. this holiday season would've made more sense
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Gonna buy a PS4 with Dark Souls right around the corner. :lol:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
That Infamous studio really blows at player character design. Douchechills!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

It does look pretty, though.

I'm waiting for more exclusive games released, store supplies to replenish so I don't have to pay roughly $200 more, and the next console revision with a bigger hard drive. Not going to lie though, if the rumored Demon's Souls 2 gets released before that I'll buy one without hesitating. :lol:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

is there a secret gamestop trade in value chart somewhere or is it invisible so you have to drive there in person and lose time off of your precious life..
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

FVBTVS wrote:is there a secret gamestop trade in value chart somewhere or is it invisible so you have to drive there in person and lose time off of your precious life..
CAG used to have a tracker but apparently it's gone right now. but their forums have a huge thread that they keep updated

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/3261 ... oward-new/
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Halo 3 ODST 360 - $.80
Halo 4 360 - $2.50

:lol: :wank:

I have 8 children.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

best buy a lot of the time gives better trade in value. but you only get it in a gift card
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

playing new super mario bros on wii and wondering why i didn't play it years ago. :drool:
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

The 2009 Wii one:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I

I was tempted to delve into this new generation of consoles soon but I thought I should get some more mileage out of my Wii first so I've been going through and getting games I didn't play. The wife loves Super Mario Galaxy, I actually just picked up the second one for her a bit ago. :tup:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Raw Ting wrote:The 2009 Wii one:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I

yeah that game was fucking amazing :tup:

unlocking everything etc

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

tired of waiting for someone to localize yakuza 5, about to import it

because i hate myself apparently.

go go japanese 101 skills
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

FVBTVS wrote:yeah that game was fucking amazing
I didn't really enjoy it :confused:

Don't know why. I think it just felt same-y after playing through the original DS one.

And then they just made like 5 more, turning the thing into a damn franchise... glad people enjoy them so much, but not for me.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah i wasn't super into it, but i think i'm just not all that into platformers of any kind anymore. even though the most recent one looks pretty fantastic.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I got a bit fatigued on those ones too. Still great platformer, but I dunno, for a Mario game I was feeling a bit like they were phoning it in - which with Mario is still a really high standard - but it lacked the innovation I've come to expect
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The original DS New Super Mario Bros. was possibly the most broken first party Nintendo game ever made. The game was waaaaaaaaaaay too easy, and some of the mechanics were fucked up. They fixed everything on the Wii version.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:tired of waiting for someone to localize yakuza 5, about to import it

because i hate myself apparently.

go go japanese 101 skills
Admit it, you'll import it just for the Haruka idol sections.

Ishin looks awesome, too. Sega are such morons for not localizing that when there's a drought of PS4 games. SEGAAAAAAAAAA!
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:lol:

i'm of mixed feelings. aidoru :tup: ... haruka :tdown: ?
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Just for the hell of it, I booted up Diablo 3 to see what all the patch 2.0 hype is about. The game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now. It's not even the same game. They changed just about every aspect of it. The loot system is actually fun now, the difficulty system is better (no more hell, inferno etc...the enemies scale with your level), they changed most of the skills and runes, they changed the crafting system, they changed the paragon system, they changed some of the mechanics. no more auction house. I started playing with my existing character and immediatly found loot that was significantly better then what I had. Within about an hour, I had all of my gear replaced. I decided to start a new character from the begining and it's so much more satisfying. Although Path Of Exile will still go down as my favorite game of all time (new expansion out now by the way, check it out), I would suggest you guys take another look at Diablo. Right now you get 50% bonus experience points until the expansion comes out, so you can level a character pretty fast.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

anybody here have experience with a gaming headset?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote::lol:

i'm of mixed feelings. aidoru :tup: ... haruka :tdown: ?
Haruka + Kazuma :tup: I hope there's a story section where you beat up some pedophile suits for creeping on Haruka.