The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

I drank too much wine on an empty stomach Friday and puked all over my multimedia headquarters. Wife was less than impressed and we had an exchange over words over the issue. Like a typical husband I gave in to her demand that I can't drink anymore on Fridays. Yet, I got the demand that I can play any day of the week without any fucking guff, especially about watching a bunch of bullshit TV shows I can't fucking stand because she deems it quality time. I can't play to late into the night, and the kids need to be in bed first, but mathematically I end up with a lot more gaming time per week if I do this.

I could have stood my ground, or I could pull a "you know what, deals off" move and maybe the Friday debauchery will return again, but for now I'm going to go for it. The fact that I've now constantly... drunkenly fallen to my death in Dark Souls multiple times proves I need a break.

By the way, I never used to drink and play games until I started hanging out with certain people when I lived in Boston. Geoff was one of them. I blame Geoff for all this. :beer:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Ok-- the logistics of this are pounding away at my brain as I laugh really hard: Please set up in detail how you ended up puking all over your entertainment center as opposed to, say, into a bucket or trashcan. hahahahaha
Actually, I didn't hit any electronic devices. Floor took the massive brunt of it, with some minor splash damage to my wall o' DVDs, and a table I use for my printer and miscellaneous what not. I can't remember why but I had gone up to the bedroom with my wife. Did she call me up there? Did I go on my own? Cannot remember. So, I suddenly had to puke, but didn't want to be near her, because I knew she'd get pissy. Instead of the bathroom right down the hall, I decided to make a massive break for the bathroom in my basement, little did I know she follow like a little lap dog at my heels. I swear I was three feet away from making it. Had the Mrs. not followed me down, nagging the whole way, I wonder if I could have mentally made it. Seriously, why don't women know when to keep their mouths shut? Don't bother some one when they are about to puke. No chivalry till I get common courtesy.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

goddamit why the fuck is everyone always on my ass to get married
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

:lol: :lol: that fucking story...

Bill, that's why booze before chews is always a bad idea. now you've gotten yourself a drinking ban. might be time to pay a visit to Dr. Greenthumb
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

james wrote:goddamit why the fuck is everyone always on my ass to get married
It's a long game. Kill the wife after she becomes a prune, but always be good with the kids so they take care of you when you start shitting your pants.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Pre-ordered an Xbox One Titanfall Bundle and Dark Souls 2 for the midnight launch tonight. I also have the whole week off. This week is going to rule.
ImageImageImage
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

Cryptoplasty wrote:The original DS New Super Mario Bros. was possibly the most broken first party Nintendo game ever made. The game was waaaaaaaaaaay too easy, and some of the mechanics were fucked up. They fixed everything on the Wii version.

yeah they fixed that,, definitely not too easy. It's been awhile since I've played a platformer so I was a little rusty at first but holy SMOKES there's some levels that took me forever to beat in this game. The 2 player can be stressful and I end up getting annoyed at the little lady when she plays because she will get too frantic and end up dying/causing me to die with her irresponsible playing style :tdown:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Yeah the game is 100% sweatpants-level brutality. Then they hit me with Donkey Kong Country Returns which wasn't even fucking fun. I felt like I was being physically attacked that entire summer
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Witcher 3 delayed to February 2015... sucks.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

They can take all the time they need. It's their first open world game and I want it to be perfect.

Will also be enough time, hopefully, for Nvidia to release Maxwell based gpus and for me to sock away enough money to really upgrade my PC. :mastoman:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:Witcher 3 delayed to February 2015
:tup: :tup:

Sorry, but I need time to finally play part 2. More time the merrier.

Will Witcher feel like ass turds right after Dark Souls? Better play a game or five between them. So, yeah, more time the merrier.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Tittyfall is pretty fucking fun. Any of you all got an xbox one?
ImageImageImage
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

SOON :rhug:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Wang Mandu wrote:Will also be enough time, hopefully, for Nvidia to release Maxwell based gpus and for me to sock away enough money to really upgrade my PC. :mastoman:
Q3 this year probabaly.

They put out the $150 750ti which is the first Maxwell chip. It runs with power strait from the PCI slot. I think I will get an 860 when they come out.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote: Nvidia Maxwell based gpus
This the bad boy you told me to wait for before getting a new PC?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

are there people who still actively get excited for CTF modes in competitive games? why do devs still put them in everything? i'm struggling to think of a game mode i actually care less about...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:are there people who still actively get excited for CTF modes in competitive games? why do devs still put them in everything? i'm struggling to think of a game mode i actually care less about...
From my limited time with multiplayer (Unreal Tournament) Capture the Flag was always the least fun for me, with the exception of a simple map called Facing Worlds.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Looking forward to playing Titanfall when it finishing installing next week.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:This the bad boy you told me to wait for before getting a new PC?
Maybe? Supposedly Nvidia is going to release 20nm cards (newest ones are 28nm) and will be a big leap in performance. I could be wrong because I really don't know a lot of the tech terms. :lol:

Let us know how the Xbone is, MMD. I think you are the first owner here.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:If I had popped in Dark Souls 2 last night and not been able to play because of a network issue, I would have been livid.
Does DkS2 no longer have an offline mode? Or are you saying you're already leveled up to 120 and pwning n00bz in PvP?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Lol, Titanfall is an online only game. What did he expect? 5 hours, the horror! First world problems has never been more apt. :awesome:

Dark Souls 2 has an offline mode.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, I dunno, if you buy a multiplayer only game, you're kind of signing up for being dependent on your ISP voluntarily. I'm not disagreeing that the always online shit with the Xbone was bad because sometimes people's internet connection cuts out or servers go down, but this doesn't really apply here.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Welcome to the launch of Diablo 3. While I agree it should work right away, the reality is stuff breaks and unforeseen problems arise during a game's launch. If it continues to be down for a number of days, then yeah bitch away and even sell the game back and burn the studio down. But, I think gamers need to fucking relax and not bitch at every single thing that goes wrong.

I'll probably bitch about some other game by the end of the year so feel free to save this post for later and throw it in my face. :awesome:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I lost the internet for a few hours, a few weeks back. I was home alone after dropping the wife & kids off at the in-laws after a day at the U.S.S. Intrepid. I wanted to watch something off the internet when I noticed it didn't work. First thing I thought of was I'd be pissed if I had an XB1 and that mandatory internet was in effect. I wasn't even going to play a game, and I immediately thought of that thing!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

It's just one of those things that make you wistfully think of the olden days when you'd just pop the cartridge in the console and play the game, I guess.