The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by james »

Dead Rising is a strange and difficult game.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

RY4N wrote:i dont know what youve played but i had a lot of fun with wolfenstein, bioshick infinite and metro last light
For some reason I can't get Metro: Last Light running smoothly on my machine, even with graphics scaled down as far as they go. *shrug* I enjoyed the first one a lot, though. Same with with Call of Priyapat, for an old game, it sure as fuck runs poorly on my 2 year old gaming rig. Started making my way through Wolfenstein last night at about 3am, pretty satisfying so far. Playing on hardest difficulty, its been going pretty good so far. Maybe I will try Bioshock Infinite when I get bored of it.
Wang Mandu wrote:Shadow Warrior fucking rules but there are rpg elements and the main weapon is a katana.
Yes I put some time into this one! Funny writing, good graphics, but the slash and flail combat mechanics got boring for me. I like strategically moving forward, like bullets would actually kill you. The 'secrets' in this game were oddly satisfying, definitely a fun throwback to old-timey fps's; basically trying to open every single wall in every single room and get to places that you aren't supposed to get to. I wouldn't say this game is slowed down by the RPG elements, whereas a game like Mass Effect 3 was fun to me in actual missions but as soon as I was on my ship trying to figure out what to do, or in a non-combat area running around talking to people I wanted to fall asleep.
The Bill wrote:If you can deal with an older game get Clive Barker's Undying. Also, No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 should be coming to Steam & GOG soon.
Been meaning to try Undying, and haven't heard of No One Lives Forever. Will check it out and report back.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

copstache wrote:yeah that is a terrifying figure. it's gonna be real interesting to see if that is even a remotely good idea
they say it's for the whole IP and not just this single game, but goddamn. Even if it breaks records for most sales for a new IP they could still end up losing money on it. not to mention it looks like a less stylish Borderlands... bleerggh.

RE: Dead Rising. I despised what I played of it. I can't remember such a high-profile game with so many weird design choices
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

james wrote:Dead Rising is a strange and difficult game.
the first one? yeah. yeah...

until you figure out the weird loopholes that make you so overpowered the whole thing is trivial. what a weird game. DoA boob phsyics too.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I feel like I'm not even supposed to be playing the main story until I get a game over because I wasn't powerful enough to play the main story, and after everybody dies and I lose I'll be able to play the main story.

I feel like I'm the only one of noble black vampyric blood in a mall full of jews
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:
until you figure out the weird loopholes that make you so overpowered the whole thing is trivial.
Do tell.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

there's a couple of ways to very quickly grind a whole fuckload of xp, but probably the fastest and most foolproof is by just by driving a circuit around the parking garage. it's been like 6 years so i don't remember very well, but there's a route you can take where you're driving one car until it's smoking, hop into the next and keep going. if you do it right you're at no risk of dying and in about an hour or so you'll be almost max level.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNSaMH-Ow8<

mute the video, but this guy does almost exactly what i did
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:holy fuck, just read activision is pumping $500 million into Destiny

FIVE HUNDRED MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS

for a game that looks completely average :lol:
And they aren't even releasing a PC version until much later. Because always online persistent world games always fail on PC.

I kind of hope the game is a failure just because.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Well I just got eaten in a parking garage after listening to System of a Down thanks :tup: :tup:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:holy fuck, just read activision is pumping $500 million into Destiny

FIVE HUNDRED MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS

for a game that looks completely average :lol:
And they aren't even releasing a PC version until much later. Because always online persistent world games always fail on PC.

I kind of hope the game is a failure just because.
i even like bungie, but that kind of hubris is unacceptable unless you're making a GTA sequel or something
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Decided it give Kingdom of Alumar another shot. So close to my Dark Souls play through? Actually, I'm playing against character & playing as a magic dude. So, it's sort like a brand new experience for a game like this.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

New Unreal Tournament is going to be completely free, you might just have to pay for user made mods and levels. :? The fuck is this bizarro world happenings?

Kingdom of Alumar wasn't a bad time Friday. Played as a magic dude, which I never ever do. Killed a bunch of NPCs which I also rarely do in a RPG. I can see how this game could get boring, and it's mini-map system is horrendous. Just piss covered clown shoes. It's a better game than Fable, but I feel it may corrode my Dark Souls skills with time. What ever, It will due for the time being.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Couldn't even go a whole year, Microsoft? Xbox One may have a blu-ray drive, but it has no spine:

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-without-kine ... 1575656845
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

oh microsoft... sweet, sweet, microsoft. I bet they've been itching to announce that since the console's launch day.

personally, still don't care about the new consoles. if Watch Dogs gets amazing reviews, maybe that'll convince me. until then.. got dat South Park arriving today
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote: got dat South Park
I got that as well, was waiting for it to get fully patched up, but then I saw that Obsidian made it so, that's not happening.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Just got about twenty five Xbox 360 games I've never played before... Star Ocean, Red Dead, RE5, Lost Odyssey, Dragon Age, Last Remnant, FF13, many others... not sure what to play first.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

not ff13
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

red dead and dragon age are awesome though
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the weird thing is i could almost see james getting some kind of amusement out of ff xiii.

all the people i know who are into the xiii games have a weird stockholm syndrome relationship with them though
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I've never played a 'generation 7' JRPG that wasn't a handheld, so I think I'd probably at least enjoy the eye candy and production enough to carry me through. I'm busy these days too, so I don't even think I'd mind a linear experience - which seemed to be the primary gripe with the game.

Going with Star Ocean for the time being though.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

also WHY THE FUCK DOES THE HDMI CABLE BLOCK THE COMPOSITE PORT

WHO DESIGNED THIS

I broke the fucking thing just to make them both fit. iF YOU MAKE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION JOKE ABOUT THAT YOU'RE RACIST :yerma:
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

copstache wrote:the weird thing is i could almost see james getting some kind of amusement out of ff xiii.
shit, I'm liking the turn-based combat in south park so much I might give FFXIII a shot. it's been forever since I played anything turn based and it's weirdly refreshing to me. at least it's finally given me the courage/motivation to jump into Persona 4 soon
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

persona 3 and 4 (especially 4) are some of my favorite games of all time. if you can deal with like 60 hours of dating anime highschoolers and turn-based combat, it's some of the best rpg gaming you'll ever see.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:evil:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.