The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by spacehamster »

Gave up on TW1 and fired up TW2 again. Man, I'd completely forgotten how gorgeous this game is.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Mario Kart 8 is very good.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:I already have Tomb Raider on PC. And I don't see myself ever getting another AssCreed game.

Sigh. I think it's either MGS or I'm postponing this for next week. Not like I really want or need to have three games as soon as I get the thing.
Black Flag is great - but the fucking cuts to current day are just fucked - just make a rad pirate game for christs sake
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:I already have Tomb Raider on PC. And I don't see myself ever getting another AssCreed game.

Sigh. I think it's either MGS or I'm postponing this for next week. Not like I really want or need to have three games as soon as I get the thing.
Black Flag is great - but the fucking cuts to current day are just fucked - just make a rad pirate game for christs sake
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:the fucking cuts to current day are just fucked
They're still doing that? lawl.

Anyway, I only played the first one, and only for a bit (couldn't even make it through the first entire assassination before I got too annoyed), and I know, I know, everybody always says these games are much better now and you don't spend an hour looking at a horse's ass between missions anymore, but I just have zero interest in ever playing another one of them. There wasn't a single thing about it that I thought was appealing in that "this would be good if it wasn't bogged down by XYZ" way, I just hated it, top to bottom.

Anyway, this is all moot now, the Amazon package with KZ:SF and Wolfenstein should get here at some point next week, then I'll go buy the console the next day and that's that. Don't need anything else on it for the moment.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

doomeddisciple wrote:Black Flag is great - but the fucking cuts to current day are just fucked - just make a rad pirate game for christs sake
have they made the combat at all interesting yet? last I played was AC2 but that was basically just hitting the same button over and over again. I sorta want to get a cheap copy of Black Flag once I get a PS4 just because the environment looks so cool, but...blehh........
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:Black Flag is great - but the fucking cuts to current day are just fucked - just make a rad pirate game for christs sake
have they made the combat at all interesting yet? last I played was AC2 but that was basically just hitting the same button over and over again. I sorta want to get a cheap copy of Black Flag once I get a PS4 just because the environment looks so cool, but...blehh........
I fussed around with it the other day to see what's what. Ship combat seems to be the star here.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Absolutely Bill - the ship stuff is the fun part, the battles can get a bit chaotic at times and you have to use a bit of strategy to defeat bigger ships or when you're outnumbered - there's also a cool kinda trading/meta game for when you board ships and keep them for your fleet. Plus the sea shanties the crew bust out with en route to places is cool too.

The running around clambering on things and combat parts are pretty standard AC fare.

The underwater diving bits are kinda fun, the harpooning is kinda whatever, though I havent taken on a whale yet.its just the uber retarded jarring return to nowadays that sucks arse.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

The AC games have been going downhill since the departure of Ezio. The last two were pretty boring. I started playing Liberation and just can't. CAN'T.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

AC2 was decent, but the entire franchise is overrated.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Really? AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations are great. Halfway decent graphics, lots of side shit to do and best of all, a good story. They're experimenting with the games following those to varying degrees of success. 3 was just boring. 4 at least has awesome naval battles but the story is weak and gameplay outside of the naval stuff wasn't expanded at all.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Just watched the AC:Unity trailer. THAT looks fun. 4 play co-op in the AC world. At least it's some kinda innovation.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Page 1337, guys.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:Page 1337, guys.
I haven't seen that since I used to go on the Gamespy forums back in 2K.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

because you're not l33t, brah
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:Saw some Destiny game play footage. BORING!!!!!!
I can't see at this point how they're not going to take a bath on this.

Also-- Titanfall. That was supposed to be the Call of Duty killer, right? I hear NOTHING about that game now. The hype was gigantic and I read articles speculating that it was going to be the new king of the mountain, but then it just kind of came and went, it seems. Maybe they'll make a sequel that will get the "yearly franchise" thing kicked off?
From what I saw it's a shameless reskinned Halo. I was just waiting for a white Sgt. Johnson to show up smoking a cigarette.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:

Also-- Titanfall. That was supposed to be the Call of Duty killer, right? I hear NOTHING about that game now. The hype was gigantic and I read articles speculating that it was going to be the new king of the mountain, but then it just kind of came and went, it seems. Maybe they'll make a sequel that will get the "yearly franchise" thing kicked off?
From what I saw it's a shameless reskinned Halo. I was just waiting for a white Sgt. Johnson to show up smoking a cigarette.

I bought it on 360 and I've probably played about 1 hour worth in the two months or so since I got it.

It's more solid than Halo multi player in terms of movement and the weapons have some grunt - Great shotgun - but yeah - All online and just not making me want to pick it up - Certainly not the killer app to launch a squillion Xbones.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

titanfall is ridiculously solid
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

It's a great game. Just lacking a bit of content. Should have launched as a $30~40 title.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

doomeddisciple wrote:
Zap Rowsdower wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:

I bought it on 360 and I've probably played about 1 hour worth in the two months or so since I got it.

It's more solid than Halo multi player in terms of movement and the weapons have some grunt - Great shotgun - but yeah - All online and just not making me want to pick it up - Certainly not the killer app to launch a squillion Xbones.
Well I meant how Destiny looked, but it's part of a larger derivative FPS trend.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

just finished ground zeroes. a little late, i know, but this is getting me excited for MGS again. the game is a lot more streamlined nowadays (especially the controls) and feels more like its competitors in that way when the old games didn't, but it's still zany and kojima-y enough to keep me happy.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So apparently Bioware says DA:Inquisition has 40 different endings.

That's a lot of colors, mang.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wolfenstein continues to impress me. Last thing I played was very Butcher Bay. :tup: :tup:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:So apparently Bioware says DA:Inquisition has 40 different endings.

That's a lot of colors, mang.
They could have 1,000,000 endings but if the writing is still shit like DA2 and ME3.....
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele