Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: fondest board memories

Post by Erik13 »

Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

And then there was that time Robert faced me on AIM... that must've been during the ye olde label board days... it's been ages since I even had an AIM... but I digress...

It wasn't so much what he said but how he said it. Either that kid had a whole bunch of macros at the ready or he was an absolute speed demon on the keyboard. In the time it would take me to type a sentence or two, he'd churn out several hefty paragraphs about frogmen judaism tee brime to bee type waiz fuvk ovv kinjge... I had no idea what he was on about. I even saved that convo in hopes of future decripion, but without the proper key all the windtalkers in the world would be at a loss.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Jayson Tigerclaw era
No Cunting Elves
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

trading CD-r w/ Mr. Budd and Zeno Marx on the old board

drinking a bunch of cough syrup and croaking like a frog
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

i remember Zeno Marx getting pissed at me for not packing the cdrs perfectly when shipping. I mean dude, it's just a cdr of 9 Shocks Terror, get over it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Was there ever a year you guys did Secret Santa where there wasn't drama afterwards?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

spacehamster wrote:Was there ever a year you guys did Secret Santa where there wasn't drama afterwards?
Love secret santa....let's do it this year.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

I'm a lone wolf...I'm the beast.

Come on big boy!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Speaking of lone wolves, the implosion of that guy who made the "this old wolf" post, I forget his name. Lord something or other, drove a Mustang. He went from being one of Johnlapse's appointed deputies after posting here for years with no trouble to board pariah within like 24 hours. I think because he deleted one post that he shouldn't have.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

spacehamster wrote:Speaking of lone wolves, the implosion of that guy who made the "this old wolf" post, I forget his name. Lord something or other, drove a Mustang. He went from being one of Johnlapse's appointed deputies after posting here for years with no trouble to board pariah within like 24 hours. I think because he deleted one post that he shouldn't have.
Lord beguile (dressed to beguilement) he banned Stormy after stormy posted a picture of a dress and said he should wear it or something like that, leading to a massive shit storm flame war of lord bagel vs the entire board. The original relapse board imploded/broke right afterwards. I might remember some pointless thing you said about lord worm five years ago but did you really forget how we all ended up on kitchel.net?
Wank night's cancelled
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

It was beguiles fault ? Is that why he died?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Cascade Whore wrote:I might remember some pointless thing you said about lord worm five years ago but did you really forget how we all ended up on kitchel.net?
I vaguely remembered that it was something involving a dress, but I think you're overstating how that one thing caused the entire mass exodus. I really can't remember the details, but I think Relapse also made a lot of changes to the board and generally wanted to clean it up while paying lip service to the idea of keeping the community intact, and that's why we left, not because some asshat banned Stormy.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

I thought it was because we maxed out on our exercise of free speech with the whole friend thing
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

spacehamster wrote:
Cascade Whore wrote:I might remember some pointless thing you said about lord worm five years ago but did you really forget how we all ended up on kitchel.net?
I vaguely remembered that it was something involving a dress, but I think you're overstating how that one thing caused the entire mass exodus. I really can't remember the details, but I think Relapse also made a lot of changes to the board and generally wanted to clean it up while paying lip service to the idea of keeping the community intact, and that's why we left, not because some asshat banned Stormy.
I think it was the fact that lord muscle milk was a mod, culminating with the board being completely broken and filled with ads right around the same time. It has been a long time my memory may be fuzzy.

EDIT: I believe there were other bannings along the lines of: "beguile you stupid fuck" "oh yeah? YOU'RE BANNED TOO!" Didn't stormy and lord B. actually have a phone conversation at one point?
Wank night's cancelled
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

From what I remember, Lord B's problem was basically that being made a mod suddenly put him in a situation where he was facing criticism he couldn't handle, and it was like he turned into a completely different person. People barely paid attention to him at all before that, and he always seemed like a totally laid-back, mostly under the radar kind of guy that was just sort of around a lot. I'm guessing that's why Johnlapse decided to make him a mod. Then he makes one bad call, people attack him, he gets defensive, which of course leads to everyone attacking him even more gleefully, and suddenly he's the source of Blair's OKC username.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

"these cops better not try any shit"
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

oh my god how could i forget betty lee yang
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

my new phone doesnt know that i have a friend nicknamed Keka and it keeps auto correcting to Kaka

i dont fix it

:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

this truly is the last bastion...other sites might be more directed or specific. but this place kept the heart of what should draw anyone to some sort of tucked away familiarity. the actual, vacillating spirit of underground persists... there will never be another forum like this. I appreciate you guys and all the memories
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

we appreciate you too, chad
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

kiss me you're beautiful these are truly the last days
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

How are the dutkos these days?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

this is super vague. like 15 years ago, someone wrote a song about another board member and uploaded it. it had intentionally terrible singing and was mostly just pinch harmonics. i remember listening to it over and over and laughing my ass off, but the only (non-funny) line I can remember right now is "my master is a Coke can." anyone remember that? $500 if anyone has the mp3
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

BUNGVOX wrote:How are the dutkos these days?
Born again, but still claiming to be from Norway.

What's a fjords ?!
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES