Post something positive that happened today

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Re: Post something positive that happened today

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

Found a copy of pcp torpedo black/red wax.it was expensive but it's one of the best things ever in life so I don't mind.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I paid for winrar 8)
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

visiting a city I lived in twenty years ago and bumped into an old roommate at the mall.we then went for dinner then on to the record store where I found Repulsion's Horrified cd on Necrosis/Earache for ten fucking dollars. obviously the shop owner didn't know shit about pricing rare items.i wanted so badly to tell him how he was ripping himself off for selling that version for ten bucks.not a single mark on the disc.relaxing with a few ice cold beers and watching Seinfeld.today was fun.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Jimm O' Lation wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm visiting a city I lived in twenty years ago and bumped into an old roommate at the mall.we then went for dinner I on to the record store where I found Repulsion's Horrified cd on Necrosis/Earache for ten fucking dollars. obviously the shop owner didn't know shit about pricing rare items.i wanted so badly to tell him how he was ripping himself off for selling that version for ten bucks.not a single mark on the disc.relaxing with a few ice cold beers and watching Seinfeld.today was fun.
Can you be happy more often, please?
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I had a record store offer me $2.50 for Melvin’s Electro Retard
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
Ill body
/
Ill will
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

Glub wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:51 pm
Jimm O' Lation wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm visiting a city I lived in twenty years ago and bumped into an old roommate at the mall.we then went for dinner I on to the record store where I found Repulsion's Horrified cd on Necrosis/Earache for ten fucking dollars. obviously the shop owner didn't know shit about pricing rare items.i wanted so badly to tell him how he was ripping himself off for selling that version for ten bucks.not a single mark on the disc.relaxing with a few ice cold beers and watching Seinfeld.today was fun.
Can you be happy more often, please?
I'm working on it.yesterday was good for the soul.i was just out shopping again and found a refurbished nes for fifty bucks.grabbed a copy of dr. Mario to go with it.the weather is gorgeous today so I have no reason to complain at all.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

cxwx wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:37 pm Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
Sounds like things are really turning around for you..
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

the awesome Assassin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am
cxwx wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:37 pm Local doom radio show played a Melvin’s song I requested
Nope
Ill body
/
Ill will
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

just secured a shitload of funding for my science projects :tup:
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 am just secured a shitload of funding for my science projects :tup:
Congratulations!
In my, admittedy limited, experience getting people who are outside of your specialty to fund things your department needs, I know that securing fundsis often hemorrhoidal.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Glub wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 am
Necrometer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 am just secured a shitload of funding for my science projects :tup:
Congratulations!
In my, admittedy limited, experience getting people who are outside of your specialty to fund things your department needs, I know that securing funds is often hemorrhoidal.
thanks! the science I do is at peak hype right now, so I'm definitely playing on easy mode. especially with the above case, which was not too painful at all. #blessed

THAT SAID, last august/september I wrote this mega-proposal coordinating the efforts of 6 labs at 3 universities and it nearly fucking killed me. I went from "zero" to "capable" in a few weeks, traded >600 emails, and ended up with nearly 400 files. I'm bumping this thread because I just learned that we were awarded that grant! but yeah... it's like 40% of the money (spread between a few places) and was 5x the effort (the quoted-above project was like 75 files).

does anyone else write proposals? guys?
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Tonight the drive home was so nice. It was freezing rain then it got colder and it's been snowing. So bright and beautiful...
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

I meant to post that a few months ago I threatened to leave my job for another company similar to ours. Mgmt said I can't because I signed a non-compete contract. When I asked to see it they said ok, then the next day asked what the other guys were offering (couldn't find it lol).

I then managed to get myself a salary match, extra commission checks I wasn't going to get from the other dudes, and working 100% remotely :pizza:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

BUMPED UP OUR EDITING OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM/PROGENITOR CELLS BY 20X

let's not dwell on the fact that this is a change from 0.25% to 5%

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

5% of the fountain of youth is pretty good news in 2020
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

The last years haven't been easy at work, I was literally the king of my department, the most knowledgeable guy, killing it every day, but then they decided to close my department and move it to Asia. Several of my coleagues were retrenched and I was in the short list but somehow I managed to get a transfer to a new department. But in a totally different area, so I went from king to nobody, from an international team to a team who talks to no one, doing something I do not really like that much, so a really big change. The payment is very good for this city so considering I am not that young anymore I decided to ride it. Then they retrenched more people and I was again in the short list but again survived in the last minute. It has been now three years in the new department, finally I am getting decent at what we do here, I have now my projects and I am building engineer for one of the three products we do here, so things are slowly getting better.

But now the good thing that happened today, I am happy to share that today I was finally assigned again a windows desk. Three difficult years of being a walled nobody and now I am again part of the window elite. Prost.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

:cheers: :cheers: windows

============================================

We're acquiring another new indoor grow facility that's literally next door to one of our existing facilities; probably gonna goose our Y/Y gross revenues by like 40-50% (zero SG&A increase, nominal direct labor increase) and will probably be humming on all cylinders by Q2 2021

(I'm hoping NJ votes for adult use this November, because I have a feeling we could successfully target that market and make just so much goddamn money there: MA has huge flows of NY buyers despite being 3 hours from NYC; if retailers can position themselves near any PATH/NJT stations, they will bring in so much goddamn NYC business)
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i slept like a fucking baby
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Krieg wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:52 am But now the good thing that happened today, I am happy to share that today I was finally assigned again a windows desk. Three difficult years of being a walled nobody and now I am again part of the window elite. Prost.
Awesome.

I currently have a huge office in a hospital with my own bathroom/shower and a great view out of the 5th floor. But that is because it is an old patient room in a part of the hospital that we don't use for patient care. A new hopsital is being built and I will be in a cubicle in the basement next to the morgue. I probably won't stay long enough to get promoted as I have been getting job offers from a german company (B.Braun) but the job is here in the US.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

the awesome Assassin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 am
Kill yourself meltface.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

A new colleague and I have been hitting it off the last couple of weeks, and tonight, she'll drop by for dinner and a film.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

THE KILL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am A new colleague and I have been hitting it off the last couple of weeks, and tonight, she'll drop by for dinner and a film.
Fuck yea; get up in there and build a nest.

Expecting a triple-header today AND chicken wings!
MeatGrease wrote:

kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

THE KILL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am A new colleague and I have been hitting it off the last couple of weeks, and tonight, she'll drop by for dinner and a film.
When you say "film" does that mean you are going to film your sperm silo going in and out of her deli doors?
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero