random picture thread....

Music posts are a bannable offense.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Re: random picture thread....

Post by THE KILL »

Geeheeb wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:11 am exactly zero of my trans friends (grand total of 3) are using their transition to "bump the line" as is kind of being implied above.
Sorry mate, but what does "bumping the line" mean in this context?

The two trans people I know or that I have met in real life are/ were...
1. a mate of the wife who is a really nice guy basically but has suffered from mental illness and all kinds of hardships all his life. One day he decided he was a woman really, everybody tried to be as accepting as possible but especially our female friends were struggling since he usually displayed what we perceived as very male behaviour in social situations (mocking and shit-talking other players during a game, talking over other people, the kind of macho grandstanding guys tend to "ironically" display etc.).
2. some dude who turned up in the boardgame shop I like to hang out with. He was just a scrawny guy in a dress, but he asked people to refer to him/ her as "she". The only problem I had with the lady or whatever was that (s)he had really bad body odour due to living in a squat. My personal line is crossed when somebody forces me to inhale their stench, so fuck that asshole.

I don't want to give you the impression that I am trying to invalidate your argument, I'm not making any generalized statements about trans people. I'm sure the rate of assholes to good people is just as high/ low in the trans community as in every other demographic.

Referring to what Spacehamster has said, I don't think that the fact that people are confused about words (although that certainly plays a role) is what all the arguing is about. My guess is that in most societies, social norms that are tied to sexual identity are rather strict, and a failure to conform to these norms is sanctioned rather harshly (depending on which milieu somebody belongs to). Also, since the 1960s, many conservative core norms have been challenged by progressive movements (and I'm using the term neutrally here), and this results in a feeling of insecurity among those social groups who have, on the average, not benefitted from this process of advancing individualisation. This is the reason that people talk about "the good old times", when in reality, almost everything (crime, drugs including alcohol, violent deaths, a lack of individual freedom) was considerably worse fifty years ago.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

I don't think it's too challenging folks

Drawing a line of gender signifiers to determine when it's okay for a person to claim their gender accomplishes nothing apart from putting literally every person under a constant microscope of gender signal interpretation—weaponizing the very same gender spectrum that binary essentialists claim to disavow
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 am I don't think it's too challenging folks

Drawing a line of gender signifiers to determine when it's okay for a person to claim their gender accomplishes nothing apart from putting literally every person under a constant microscope of gender signal interpretation—weaponizing the very same gender spectrum that binary essentialists claim to disavow
it's simple for a "binary essentialist":
Your gender is determined by your sex. Signifiers would only apply to those that are inter-sex.
So who does this?
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

joefromthegarage wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 pm Image
Emilia Decaudin, a man, has won the Female District Leader position for New York City's 37A district, which resides in Queens. Last year, Decaudin successfully petitioned to eliminate the sex parity rule in New York Democratic Leadership Council roles—a rule which was put in place by feminists to ensure women's fair and equal participation in the democratic process.

Decaudin, who identifies as transgender and non-binary, defeated Deirdre Feerick, a woman, for the female position by a margin of about 5.5 points. Feerick was an experienced politician who enjoyed the endorsement of the Queens Democratic Party."
Love that sweet lil peepee poking out.

Cum2020
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:10 pm
Toilet Fleet wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 am I don't think it's too challenging folks

it's simple for a "binary essentialist":
Your gender is determined by your sex. Signifiers would only apply to those that are inter-sex.
So who does this?
But that’s it: there is no necessary relationship between chromosomal sex and gender signifiers. Some people will have physical appearances that diverge wildly from what we call gender norms of their genetic sex chromosomes, and where does that leave us? On no firmer footing than those doing all the hand-wringing would have you believe.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

NEW PAGE IDENTIFIES AS A NEW THREAD.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

ALRITE

The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

This man had a mishap while Jacking On
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Fact #7
Eight Bit Alien
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

:awesome: :awesome:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Mathieu Malouf, Eruption, 2020.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Fucking gold. Also, why is it ozzy playing?
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Art In General
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Stink Pig
Big White Dummy

Post by Stink Pig »

wow did you get that zinger from guardian of the blind, faggot?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Stink Pig wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm wow did you get that zinger from guardian of the blind, faggot?
when was the last time you posted anything that wasnt a spastic cry for attention and why are you even still here :cheers:

Reply Pig
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Fact #7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Homestarrunner references in 2020?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Yup. Getting the reference is a litmus test for good taste....or something.
Fact #7
Eight Bit Alien
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I still wander the world trying to get other to understand the beauty and genius of "The gift of death metal does not smile upon the good-looking."

Never really watched much HSR material aside from that. It's got quite a cult though.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

the dude who voiced homestar runner was in bathory but never recorded with them
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:52 am Never really watched much HSR material aside from that. It's got quite a cult though.
I had a phase, but I thought for everyone else it was just a phase too. The stuff was definitely funny, but I also remember it as sort of an embryonic form of "it's funny because it's self referential" internet humor. Everything was set up like everyone was already in on the joke.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Fact #7