Post the latest stuff you recorded.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: Post the latest stuff you recorded.

Post by Geeheeb »

bobby_paranoize wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:28 pm A project I took on since my band, A Hanging, is on pause for the time being.
I had this digital recorder sitting in a desk drawer since 2008 and figured I'd take the time to use it and it's become a thing now.
https://shitload.bandcamp.com

Oh, and hi! I haven't logged on in quite a while. Good to see the board is still going!
This is sick, thanks for sharing.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

[soundcloud.com] »

While this does contain a covid project I did, this is a DJ set that will be played on muskegon 100.9 FM. Topics are ACAB and Covid.

Wash Your Hands, Wear a Mask Block
So Fresh and So Clean - Outkast - Fauci Mix
Cleanser- Keelhaul
Clean Hands - Merkit

Social Distancing Block
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner -
Ten Times the Distance - Anthem Eighty Eight
Distance and Damage - Geriatric Unit
Air That We Breathe - Death Sentence

Covid Symptoms Block
Rate of Respiration - Iron Lung
Drowning (live) - Reigning Sound
Antibody - Napalm Death
The Time Is Now - Vaccine
You Are Alone - The swill

ACAB
Election Day - Blaze Foley
Love Me, I'm a Liberal - Phil Ochs
The Backlash Blues - Nina Simone
08 Anti-cop - Hombrinus Dudes
Police State - The State
Police Threat - Larm
Police - Fucked Up
Does This System Work? - Discharge
Riot - Nasum
The Helpless - Extreme Noise Terror
Fanatical fascists - Phil Lynott w/ Malik el-Shabazz
C.I.U. (Criminals in Uniform) - Sepultura
Step by Step - Pete Seeger

GERMFASK - CAMP 135 (covid recording project)
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

this is a death metal project i recorded remotely (using iphones, though it was mixed on a computer) with my friend derek jones over in minneapolis over the last month. will be coming out on cassette later this year.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Serious reverb! But great clarity. Good stuff as always man.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

thanks james we threw the iphone in the sewer, of course
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

<3
Image Certified Poster
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, uh, it's only taken us 14 years to finally get up off our asses, but we put together a new album, and it's almost like we're a real band now. We're probably doing merch next, even. No CDs, though. We might do a small vinyl run so we've got something to sell at shows, but we'll see. Also definitely no tapes. Apparently that's a thing now.

Bandcamp: http://www.firebreather.bandcamp.com
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:07 am

Yeah, uh, it's only taken us 14 years to finally get up off our asses, but we put together a new album, and it's almost like we're a real band now. We're probably doing merch next, even. No CDs, though. We might do a small vinyl run so we've got something to sell at shows, but we'll see. Also definitely no tapes. Apparently that's a thing now.

Bandcamp: http://www.firebreather.bandcamp.com
Drummer sucks :wink:
Ill body
/
Ill will
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

cxwx wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:07 pm Drummer sucks :wink:
That's ok, I'm not on drums. Bass and main vocals is me.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Stink Pig
Big White Dummy

Post by Stink Pig »

cw using that big brain of his again :fp:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:46 am
cxwx wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:07 pm Drummer sucks :wink:
That's ok, I'm not on drums. Bass and main vocals is me.
my favorite track is exterminate the master race, but the oi / blast / oi / beatdown approach of Die Endlösung der Moslemfrage is fun.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Stink Pig wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:26 am cw using that big brain of his again :fp:
I was on drums before this in a band that was much more active, so it makes perfect sense to still assume I'm a drummer. Sowwy.
Geeheeb wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 am the oi / blast / oi / beatdown approach of Die Endlösung der Moslemfrage is fun.
We need more songs in that tempo. Something about 120 bpm just makes it really... I dunno, pleasant to play. Or maybe it's just because when I write songs, I make sure they're easy for me on bass, heh.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 am
Stink Pig wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:26 am cw using that big brain of his again :fp:
I was on drums before this in a band that was much more active, so it makes perfect sense to still assume I'm a drummer. Sowwy.
Stink pig using that big brain of his
Ill body
/
Ill will
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I've written a couple of stoner/doom type jams lately for a project I'm doing with a friend. He's going to play actual drums in the real thing, but I made an instrumental demo of a track I've been kicking around for a while. So the programmed shitty drums is just me fooling around in Garageband.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Mongolized
Corporate Death

Post by Mongolized »

This is mostly an attempt to justify the unreasonable amount of guitar pedals I own and build.

godofdeadlydeath

Mongolized wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 pm This is mostly an attempt to justify the unreasonable amount of guitar pedals I own and build.

What are you playing through? What pedals used? It sounds very "suffocated" in a good way.

Mongolized
Corporate Death

Post by Mongolized »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:13 pm What are you playing through? What pedals used? It sounds very "suffocated" in a good way.
Oh, a lot of different things. Mostly it's just guitar through an Into The Unknown pedal from Parasit studio plus a couple of different distortion, fuzz and reverb pedals into a cheap bass amp. Some of it is acoustic guitar through a pair of 90's Sony headphones via a Mesa Boogie emulator preamp pedal into a terrible Crate practice amp. On top of that some chains, drums and distorted synth apps on my phone.

It sounding suffocated might have more to do with me having no clue how limiters and compressors work, however..
godofdeadlydeath

Mongolized wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:24 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:13 pm What are you playing through? What pedals used? It sounds very "suffocated" in a good way.
Oh, a lot of different things. Mostly it's just guitar through an Into The Unknown pedal from Parasit studio plus a couple of different distortion, fuzz and reverb pedals into a cheap bass amp. Some of it is acoustic guitar through a pair of 90's Sony headphones via a Mesa Boogie emulator preamp pedal into a terrible Crate practice amp. On top of that some chains, drums and distorted synth apps on my phone.

It sounding suffocated might have more to do with me having no clue how limiters and compressors work, however..
The suffocated thing was meant as a compliment. To me, the atmosphere of the recording itself vibes very well with the darkness of the music. Everything I record sounds very "clean" and way too digital and "nice" and I love how dirty and dark this sounds.

Mongolized
Corporate Death

Post by Mongolized »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm
Mongolized wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:24 pm

The suffocated thing was meant as a compliment. To me, the atmosphere of the recording itself vibes very well with the darkness of the music. Everything I record sounds very "clean" and way too digital and "nice" and I love how dirty and dark this sounds.
Yeah, I didn't mean to come off like that. Dirty and dark was my intention, so thanks!
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Its awesome., have you been up to anything else?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm Everything I record sounds very "clean" and way too digital and "nice" and I love how dirty and dark this sounds.
What are you using for recording software, because yes your recordings could use some grit friend.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Geeheeb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:53 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm Everything I record sounds very "clean" and way too digital and "nice" and I love how dirty and dark this sounds.
What are you using for recording software, because yes your recordings could use some grit friend.
I use an old tascam. Should I put it in the microwave?
Ill body
/
Ill will
godofdeadlydeath

Geeheeb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:53 pm
All I have for software is Garageband on an old iPad. I use an iRig HD with some of the AmpliTube amp sounds or occasionally I plug my Crate amp into it, but the drum sound is where it all gets real shiny and I need to figure out how to mix things better.