The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by frost »

>sub woofer on the desk

fucking casual asked for it.
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

spacehamster wrote:What's that, at the Quelaag bossfight? Psh.
:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

How's Transistor and Yakuza 4? PSN Plus for Feb.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Yeah came to ask about Yakuza.

Copstache?
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Conan O'Brien, Marshawn Lynch, and Rob Gronkowski just played Mortal Kombat X together. I suggest trying to watch it somewhere. It was actually pretty fucking hilarious.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yakuza games are story and cutscene heavy, beat 'em ups loaded with mini games (arcades, batting cages) and side activities (running whores and doing karaoke). They are long games....expect at least 25 hours to do the story and only some of the side activities. It's like a Japanese gangster drama with lots of asses being kicked basically. It isnt 100% serious all the time which helps. I'd say it is probably the most underappreciated and one of the most unique series in all of gaming right now. Yakuza 2 has a top 10 vg character badass moments when the main character Kazuma punches a tiger in the face.

Don't worry about not following the story, each game has a recap of the previous games at the beginning.

With that said, the next Yakuza game, Ryu Go Gtlatsjkjsjs 0 or whatever, can fuck off. Prequels = :wank: And Sega needs to release the first two HD versions in the West.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:With that said, the next Yakuza game, Ryu Go Gtlatsjkjsjs 0 or whatever, can fuck off. Prequels = :wank: And Sega needs to release the first two HD versions in the West.
what? get out of here. bubble-era was like the golden age for yakuza, it's going to rule.

I'll give you all the same advice I've given a lot of people lately. if you have the time and interest, I'd start with 3 then go to 4 and 5. 1 and 2 are still good but hard to find and nobody wants to dig out their ps2's anyway. the recap at the beginning of 3 is good enough. the only problem is that 3 starts out pretty slow

actually fuck that, none of you are going to care. i guess just start with 4 and watch the backstory stuff. just do me a favor and don't start with 5 when that comes out, because that game doesn't give a fuck if you haven't played the previous games, and will gladly leave you confused.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

New PC is making with the pretty.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Finally got that frickin' platinum for God of War 3. To the surprise of probably no one who has done this, the last 45-odd minutes were spent trying to do the "Bare Hands" challenge. Been a while since a game had me this close to crying.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

And I thought I'd beat GTA V before the spring, but nope! Here comes Skyrim dressed in his best suit sporting over one hundred mods. Christ, I've got sound enhancers, and awesome water, and I can marry the vampire girl, and build a light saber, and there's a bear that plays rock n roll on a medieval guitar thing and on and on. I'm only using steam works mods as the Nexus stuff might murder my PC. Any recommendations?

Also, Dark Souls. That mod fix, is it true I have to cap the frames per second or you'll fall through the elevators?

Also also, Far Cry 2. What's the best mod that gets rid of all that annoying shit?

Triple also! Fuck your, Steam. Had I known you'd just open Origin & Uplay I'd of bought those games straight from EA & Ubisoft.
Last edited by The Bill on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Also, Dark Souls. That mod fix, is it true I have to cap the frames per second or you'll fall through the elevators?
wut? Not that I'm aware of. There's one ladder in the Undead Parish (the one under the bridge where the red dragon sits) where I always fall through the bottom if I slide down the ladder, but that's the only issue I've ever had, and I'm not even sure it's because of DSFix. Well, that, and the walking animation can look a bit jerky on stairs, but I'm not sure if that's DSFix or the HD texture pack. Which I strongly recommend, by the way.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Don't slide down ladders and there are a couple of long jumps you can't make at 60fps. Just use the fps keyboard toggle enabled in the mod for those sections. Makes me wish Bloodborne was going to be 60 fps :(
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Does somebody remember how the challenges in the first two God of War games stack up against the ones in III? I have about another five weeks of only doing stupid shit in small dosages ahead of me, so it's either platinuming those games or another run through The Witcher 2 in Dark Mode, and it looks like the platinums aren't that tough. I have like 75% in the first one just from playing through it once, and neither game even has a trophy for beating it at the highest difficulty. But the challenges... can be an issue. Anyone? Riley?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I should add that the 12 year-olds on psnprofiles.com all seem to agree that GoWIII's platinum is the hardest in the series, and given that people tend to bitch that newer games are too easy no matter what, I'm inclined to believe them.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don't even recognize Skyrim anymore with all the added shit and changed lighting, and this is a game I spent over 100 hours playing. And I've already pissed of my wife by constantly calling her downstairs to see the Dick Dale playing Bear.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

There's a mod a professional wrestling enthusiast such as yourself, The Bill, must use.

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Metal Gear Rising 2 fuck yes. :mastoman:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:There's a mod a professional wrestling enthusiast such as yourself, The Bill, must use.

Totally would if I could do the audio only. Savage's face on the dragon is was too freaky, though.

Dark Souls is being a cunt and only starts 1 time out of 20. There was some problem with Games For Windows & Steam when I first installed. So, I'll look into that once the kid stops playing Kirby. With the HD textures and all that it looks insanely better than the 360 version.

Fuck! It's been so many years since I was a PC supremacist. Don't get dragged back in, dude.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:Dark Souls is being a cunt and only starts 1 time out of 20. There was some problem with Games For Windows & Steam when I first installed. So, I'll look into that once the kid stops playing Kirby. With the HD textures and all that it looks insanely better than the 360 version
Dude, no more GFWL.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/211420/ ... 2048405952
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: Metal Gear Rising 2 fuck yes. :mastoman:
What Platinum really needs to do is Vanquish 2, but since I'm apparently the only person on the planet who thinks so, I guess this is the next best thing. 20 seconds of half-assed googling reveals it's supposed to run on the Fox Engine, so it should be pretty as fuck. Which is basically the only thing that was wrong with the first one.

Okay, now I've talked myself into a chubber.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Haha. Dylan & graphics mod turned Far Cry 2 into a great game.

Can I quit being a functional adult for a year & just hang out with my PC?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Looks cool!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Not my kind of game, and my bitterness towards Gearbox/Borderlands has tainted cell shading.

What I do like is blood, and Skyrim is now a goddamn bloody mess. I like it. In fact, I have so many damn mods running that I no longer know if I'm seeing stuff I don't remember or if it was added.

Metal Gear Rising is beautiful on the PC. I guess it's the AA and AF, but it looks so pristine.

I can't remember if Issac in the original PS3 Dead Space game moved so damn slow or if it's something with the PC version. The other characters walking around seem fine. He's just so stiff and lumbering.

Does running at 60fps make Dark Souls a slightly easier game? Maybe I just got good. I want a trainer that will give me souls, though. I really don't want to grind again.

Despite word that Blood 2 is a disaster on Windows 8, I got it up and running at a high resolution and with an excellent frame rate. Down size is I can't play it in full screen, but the window fills most of the desktop. It's a petty minor issue, really.

Credit to the 360 versions of Bioshock and Far Cry 3. They don't look too different from the PC versions. At least, not that I recall.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Does running at 60fps make Dark Souls a slightly easier game? Maybe I just got good.
It feels more smooth and responsive, that helps.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:My ps4 will be here tomorrow.
Have fun playing no games. :(

I really, really like the PS4 - it's a very nice piece of hardware, the controller is excellent (and I would have never suffered a fool to question the superiority of the original Dualshock design in the past) and the interface is so much better than the PS3's that it's not even funny. But there just aren't any fucking games for the thing. I can't wait for Bloodborne.