James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Glub
Certified False.

Re: James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Post by Glub »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:23 pm
MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:18 pm Don’t be like me, I eat poop for breakfast
Thanks dude but I don't see how that adds to the topic at hand
Things can get confusing during a pandemic, so kittengrease was doing you the rare kindness of reminding you not to lose sight of the fact that poop is not a breakfast food.

All in all, a helpful hint from a usually worthless poster.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Just saying “omg, this guy I know died of covid!” without mentioning what an unhealthy piece of shit they were in the first place, is being willfully obscurantist. Come on now. Someone testing positive for covid at time of death =/= dying of covid, but the vast majority of “covid deaths” are actually recording that instead. Pretty sure cardiac arrest has nothing to do with a respiratory affliction. That guy dropping dead probably has as much to do with covid as George Floyd did (another recorded “covid death”).

If someone was in good health when they died of covid, that fact would be front and center because it would provide ballast to the lie. If that isn’t mentioned, what they really mean is that someone was dying of something else but they just happened to test positive for the virus, which they probably picked up from the filthy hospital they were in.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

At this point it appears that hospitals are intentionally creating situations likely to transmit the virus to incoming patients as much as possible. They do this because they have a financial incentive to propagate the virus. They should do what other countries are doing and tell hospitals to stop testing for it, let the chips fall where they may, but stop creating a system of perverse incentives.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 pm Image
Ill body
/
Ill will
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm I have a separate toothbrush for after breakfast (poop).
Sometimes, though, I mix up my poop toothbrush and my regular toothbrush and end up getting my teeth dirty (poop) and having to rebrush them. Then I have to replace my regular toothbrush because it also has been contaminated by poop. It's so frustrating!

This is, as mentioned, both strangely off-topic as well as displaying a mastery of grammar and punctuation that you usually are not capable of. Combined with your recent apparent love of cats, this has me wondering if you're doing okay. Everything okay at home and work (just kidding!), kiddo?

Fun/morbid fact: when we TUBE someone, it's usually because they are surprisingly young/healthy and have a decent chance of survival after a few weeks of support. We have TUBED quite a lot of young and healthy people with next to nothing in the way of comorbidities the past few weeks. If you ever wonder whether health care is rationed, I'll affirm that it is. We have a finite capacity and a finite amount of equipment.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

MEW MEW MEW
Last edited by MeatGrease on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Glub wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 pm
MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm I have a separate toothbrush for after breakfast (poop).
Sometimes, though, I mix up my poop toothbrush and my regular toothbrush and end up getting my teeth dirty (poop) and having to rebrush them. Then I have to replace my regular toothbrush because it also has been contaminated by poop. It's so frustrating!

This is, as mentioned, both strangely off-topic as well as displaying a mastery of grammar and punctuation that you usually are not capable of. Combined with your recent apparent love of cats, this has me wondering if you're doing okay. Everything okay at home and work (just kidding!), kiddo?

Fun/morbid fact: when we TUBE someone, it's usually because they are surprisingly young/healthy and have a decent chance of survival after a few weeks of support. We have TUBED quite a lot of young and healthy people with next to nothing in the way of comorbidities the past few weeks. If you ever wonder whether health care is rationed, I'll affirm that it is. We have a finite capacity and a finite amount of equipment.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding All viral deaths also calculate co morbidly. So it’s not some special conspiracy thing to make Covid look more dangerous than the flu. So it’s literally the easiest piece of misinformation to debunk.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 pm :Stress Eats from a bowl full of fresh turds:
For those not in the know, hospitals tend not to be incentivized for bad outcomes.

I could share tales of the hoops we jump through to give the false appearance of either a mistake or a good/expected outcome, but at no point will you hear an administrator exclaim "Oh, the patient died after 4 days? KA-CHING!"

What you're more likely to hear is "Fuck, he didn't make it past 28 days, so we're not being fully reimbursed."

The dimwitted rumor that "HOSPITALS ARE PRETENDING STUFF IS COVID TO GET $13K FOR PUTTING SOMEONE ON A VENTILATOR DUDE!!" is shockingly stupid, perhaps mostly due to the fact that, given the astronomical cost of treating these patients, 13,000 is jackshit.

Then again, to the chronically unemployed, I could see how the number 13,000 could look impressive, but for those of us in the field that are sending survivors home with bills well over a million, we know better. I'm sure Geehab (who is in administration, am I correct?) can shed even more light on the specifics of what we get reimbursed for.

And now the rest of you know better as well.

And, I repeat, it's probably not a great idea to eat poop, especially for the most important meal of the day.
MeatGrease wrote:

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:55 pm Ventilators are what kill people not the virus. Perfect illustration of a cure being way way way worse than the disease. It’s industrial scale medical malpractice. You deserve a bullet before Kitchell.
I love it when you try to throw in these little “I’m not a capitalist” things in here. It’s so cute. Have a piece of catnip.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:55 pm Ventilators are what meow people not the virus. Perfect illustration of a meow being meow meow moew worse than the disease. It’s industrial scale medical meowpractice. You deserve a bullet before Kitchell.
I'm not an RT, you hopeless fucking retard.
That's probably who you'd want to talk about the evils of ventilation with, you hopeless, hopeless, retarded kitten.

Anxiously awaiting your attempt to put a bullet in anyone. I've heard a lot of you running your cocksucker, but haven't seen much in the way of action. Whatever happened to heading to DC due the THE STEAL? No gas money, sport?

And don't worry, squirt, my malpractice insurance is paid in full.
Last edited by Glub on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

cxwx wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from my understanding All viral deaths also calculate co morbidly. So it’s not some special conspiracy thing to make Covid look more dangerous than the flu. So it’s literally the easiest piece of misinformation to debunk.
I'm unsure of what the first sentence references; I'm sorry.

There is no dimwitted conspiracy to make COVID look worse than the flu; no.

The financial incentives to label something COVID are not there; if you're moribund in a hospital bed for 6 weeks, you're racking up a bill whether it's COVID or the mumps or tennis elbow. Fraudulently listing a patient's status as COVID, if anything, gives insurers recourse to deny funds when we eventually request payment (and insurers have a vested interest in denying as much a humanely possible).
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Ventilators are DEFINITELY what kill people; that's why you'll have someone sat-ing in the 70s, you'll vent them, prone them and PRESTO CHANG-O they have an SpO2 of 100 all of a sudden. The pulse oximeters are IN ON THE CONSPIRACY DUDE!

In the words of a certain tough-talking, do-nothing couch surfer :wank: :wank: :wank:
MeatGrease wrote:

MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Meow mew meow meow mew mew mew meow!

Mew mew MEOW MEW meow mow mow wow mew meow MEW!

MOW WOW MEW.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm Post breakfast can be rough..
It gets stuck up in your gums like when you eat almonds.
I don't know what podunk (I looked up the proper spelling of this, because I'm what is referred to as a lifelong learner) rural hospitals you're subjected to, but our mortality rate for the level of care AFTER ventilators are initially needed (which still require the use of a vent) is around 60 currently. And I'm heroically providing services at spokes rather than a hub. I know you don't know what that means, but just focus on the "heroic" part. I get it a lot.

You, as always, have no goddamn idea what you're talking about and you're, literally, talking to someone who knows more about this particular topic anyone you've ever, or will ever, meet. Kind of like when you argue law with TF. Are you a masochist in addition to a closeted homosexual/pedophile?

If any of this comes across as arrogant or condescending, congratulations on paying attention for once. I often worry that, with reduced social interaction over the past several months, I'm getting rusty at looking down my nose at people. I'm grateful for the practice. Once vaccines are in play, I'll be in good shape to provide strangers with lots of sagely monologues and the sort of exasperated sighs you give to pets that have done wrong in an adorable fashion.
Last edited by Glub on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm You know what, Glub, thank you for your services.
And thanks for giving some of the more astute posters here who are not in medicine a little glimpse into how things work in the field. Real interesting stuff!
You're out there making a difference, day in and day out.
I'll start listening more when you talk down to me.
Meow
Hey sport, no need to thank me. I'm compensated pretty well for what I do.
I agree about the making a difference part though.
And the meow.
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm
If you're not on the frontlines of the pandemic, you're posting here giving us all a glimpse behind the curtain.
Don't you ever tire of your selfless efforts?
Is there any way we can repay you?
Meow!
You're liable to make a guy blush!
You're unwavering admiration and unquestioning deference is thanks enough, Lil' Fella!
Meow, right back atcha.
MeatGrease wrote:

Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm Just saying “omg, this guy I know died of covid!” without mentioning what an unhealthy piece of shit they were in the first place, is being willfully obscurantist. Come on now. Someone testing positive for covid at time of death =/= dying of covid, but the vast majority of “covid deaths” are actually recording that instead. Pretty sure cardiac arrest has nothing to do with a respiratory affliction. That guy dropping dead probably has as much to do with covid as George Floyd did (another recorded “covid death”).

If someone was in good health when they died of covid, that fact would be front and center because it would provide ballast to the lie. If that isn’t mentioned, what they really mean is that someone was dying of something else but they just happened to test positive for the virus, which they probably picked up from the filthy hospital they were in.
Lookup excess deaths, dipshit.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Glub wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:06 pm

The financial incentives to label something COVID are not there; if you're moribund in a hospital bed for 6 weeks, you're racking up a bill whether it's COVID or the mumps or tennis elbow. Fraudulently listing a patient's status as COVID, if anything, gives insurers recourse to deny funds when we eventually request payment (and insurers have a vested interest in denying as much a humanely possible).
So the fatality rate from the flu is 0.1%. That death rate includes co-morbidity ( unless I’m incorrect)

So the QAnon bullshit going around is pushing the idea that Covid-19 is the ONLY disease that counts co-morbidly in its fatality percentage.

I apologize if I was imprecise before.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:31 pm
MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm Just saying “omg, this guy I know died of covid!” without mentioning what an unhealthy piece of shit they were in the first place, is being willfully obscurantist. Come on now. Someone testing positive for covid at time of death =/= dying of covid, but the vast majority of “covid deaths” are actually recording that instead. Pretty sure cardiac arrest has nothing to do with a respiratory affliction. That guy dropping dead probably has as much to do with covid as George Floyd did (another recorded “covid death”).

Lookup excess deaths, dipshit.
You’re wasting your breath. The goal post just changes to “well these extra deaths are caused all by increased suicide or other externalities from people staying at home.”
Ill body
/
Ill will
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

meow
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

cxwx wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm
Glub wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:06 pm

So the fatality rate from the flu is 0.1%. That death rate includes co-morbidity ( unless I’m incorrect)

So the QAnon bullshit going around is pushing the idea that Covid-19 is the ONLY disease that counts co-morbidly in its fatality percentage.

I apologize if I was imprecise before.
Yes. Correct.

The .01% death rate from the flu includes the elderly, diabetics, those living with COPD, etc.
MeatGrease wrote:

MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

mew
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:17 pm
Those are some great points guys.
Meow
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm Meow mew meow meow mew mew mew meow!

Mew mew MEOW MEW meow mow mow wow mew meow MEW!

MOW WOW MEW.
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:19 pm For me, I double the suggested amount of time that I gargle with Scope (60 seconds instead of 30) after my poop breakfasts.
9 out of 10 times that prevents turd breath for a few hours.
I do so very much wish I had gainful employment.
MeatGrease wrote: