Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Re: Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?!

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Necrometer wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 pm
Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views
betting she also thinks THEY LIVE is about how jews control everything
:theylive:
How did you make this connection?
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Yeah dude tbh I used to wonder if that's what 'They Live' was getting at back in high school... I honestly don't believe that at all, but it's not a huge jump. If anything, I guess it made me realize that the whole antisemetic conspiracy narrative is just barely outside the realm of full-on schizophrenic delusion.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

The thing I find so weird is that Gina Carano caused a stink by comparing her "conservative views" to the holocaust - basically saying she's a victim, similar to how jews were victims. But then it gets her "cancelled" and now people are playing up that she's a victim for her conservative views. It's some bizarre form of wish fulfillment.

At the risk of sounding conspiratorial [tinfoil hat] I wouldn't doubt if the second wave of Gina's bad takes had been planned by Ben Shapiro to promote his new movie platform/production team. I don't think that Disney actually fired her outright - they just didn't pick up her contract, and were asked for a statement after her most recent posts:
“Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future,” a Lucasfilm spokesperson said in a statement.

“Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable,” the statement added.
I'd almost guarantee that Carano was talking to Shapiro (who was already launching his platform) after the first time there were talks of her being booted a while back. If she lets Shapiro know that her Disney contract isn't being picked up, he finds a way to capitalize on it since she's getting cancelled anyway - make it a big deal AGAIN. The very next day after these stories ran about her getting axed, she's already signed up with his company for a movie exclusive to his platform.

Shapiro has teamed up with Dallas Sonnier, who is just a total slimeball - but for a while was a Fantastic Fest / Indie film darling with his company Cinestate. After a string of successful movies, he bought Fangoria, and more recently Birth.Movies.Death., then started a conservative culture/film site that put out click-bate headlines (half the time, it was about "cancel culture") along side pretty decent content by some legit people. But it was discovered he had covered for a sexual predator filmmaker, some other #metoo stuff happened and everyone bailed on him. He was pressured to sell Fangoria, BMD writers dropped out, and he was ruined. Maybe this article breaks it down better, I haven't read it: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ugly- ... hide-fight

Ben Shaprio knows that no one actually gets cancelled, especially if they just double down. They get a pay day. He's media savvy enough to know how this stuff operates.[/tinfoil hat]
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

so she conspired against herself to be set for life to instead work for that little goblin huh

cleva girl
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

The whole Gina Carano thing is strange to me, considering she’s a muscular woman who fights she’s probably had to deal with her own share of small minded “butch/bull dyke” shit while growing up.

It wouldn’t be too cynical to assume she’s hopping on the trend of gay conservative grifters like Dave Rubin and milo yanananahayabulokis
Ill body
/
Ill will
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

you guys...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wait, wait, Ben Shapiro is making movies? Does that mean he'll finally get that dramedy made? Hahahaha.
This is going to be so glorious when it falls flat on its face.

I'll say this in defense of Gina Carano and a lot of other people like her. She is someone who basically has a career because she looked pretty for someone who got punched in the face for a living, at a time when that was considered unusual. And I do think it's an odd time to be living in where someone with those kinds of credentials is basically held to the same standards of eloquence and diplomacy as a politician running for office. What she said was fucking stupid, but why do we expect someone like her to be smart?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Don't know what you fucks are talking about, just came back to say I was right that these new Star Wars flicks were fucking shit.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

spacehamster wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:10 am And I do think it's an odd time to be living in where someone with those kinds of credentials is basically held to the same standards of eloquence and diplomacy as a politician running for office. What she said was fucking stupid, but why do we expect someone like her to be smart?
You are right. But they don't expect her to be smart, they expect her to be obedient. Everything must be made submissive towards the new caliphate.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Or, you know, maybe DON'T compare being a Republican and having to defend your views to being the same thing as being beaten in the streets and rounded up into camps and being murdered. It's not that hard to NOT make that comparison.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

It's an incredibly stupid and emotionally insensitive thing to say.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Also I JUST got the joke in the title of this thread... after what, 6 years? Lol
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:28 pm Everything must be made submissive towards the new caliphate.
Yes, the new caliphate of Twitter shouty-heads that occasionally forces an entertainment business millionaire to take a year off. Sic transit gloria mundi.

:wank:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I think it’s hilarious and I have no sympathy for her, but also Twitter mobs and cunting Disney as judge jury executioner of social behaviour and morality is so far beyond the pale..
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:47 pm but also cunting Disney as judge jury executioner of social behaviour and morality...

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

not OK
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Necrometer wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:26 pm

not OK
A third will be good, and a third will be bad.
Rest will be ok.
So just ok.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

No! Just no! Really no! I think Original Star Wars is s the best think ever. And this is way worse than any Jar Jar did. Just fucking NO!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

:putin
godofdeadlydeath

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Of course that right wing fuckhead Nick Searcy is in that. I love Justified and loved his character on it but the man is a fucking shitforbrains.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Willing to give it a shot, but it's got 'direct to dvd wrestler vehicle' written all over it. Not sure if Dallas Sonnier attached is a good sign for the project, or simply a signal that The Daily Wire now contains the interred remains of Cinestate (RIP).

I really like the idea of independent companies providing housing for artists or creators who have been marked for banishment by the caliphate, like Gina or Sonnier, just kinda depressing if everything that's produced winds up being sequels to God's Not Dead. Could be marching toward an era of cynical backlashspoitation.
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »