Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:37 pm Guys, if I understand things correctly, tomorrow is the day that Zack Snyder releases the final teaser for the final trailer for the Snyder Cut of Justice League. This is the last teaser we're going to get for the upcoming trailer. Just want you all to be aware.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

:lol: :lol: this rules so hard
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:16 am :lol: :lol: this rules so hard
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

1:57 jesus fucking christ
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the panama papers - 7
a glitch in the matrix - 9
the dissident - 5 (almost a waste of time, kinda bloated and repetitive. kingdom of silence was lean and mean and frontline did it better too)
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Freaky - 6/10
Blumhouse gimmick horror in the vein of Happy Death Day + HDD2U - both of which are better movies, but this has Vince Vaughn acting like a teenage girl. It's exactly how you think it would be, but I was still entertained.

Martial Law (1990) - 7.5/10
Post ninja-craze american karate flick with Cynthia Rothrock. Great to see David Carradine issuing some dim maks. Lots of parked italian cars, a scene with a glam rock band performing, and plenty of other late 80's LA tropes.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:59 am

1:57 jesus fucking christ
I'm gonna watch that just for the 2 minutes of Darkseid.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I can't not watch it. I can't help but start to believe. I really don't know what's wrong with me.

I really think there's a chance it could make sense.

4 hour Justice League epic... I have to try.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:20 am I can't not watch it. I can't help but start to believe. I really don't know what's wrong with me.

I really think there's a chance it could make sense.

4 hour Justice League epic... I have to try.

its FOUR hours?!

:lol: :what: :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

i used to go here 7
Image Certified Poster
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

FVBTVS wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:34 pm

its FOUR hours?!

:lol: :what: :lol:
Absolutely. The story of this beast is insane and I can't wait for the real yarn to someday emerge. I think it will be years, though.

The hardest of hardcore fanboys online are floating the claim that Joss Whedon's theatrical cut was 90% reshot, too. So this may be 3.5 hours of totally unseen Snyder hubris.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Zack Snyder shot 5 hours of assembly footage during principle photography in 2016. From that, he edited it to 214 mins(3.5 hours) and was happy to call it his director's cut. From this, he was happy to edit it down to 3 hours for the theatrical cut, and release the 3.5 hour directors cut in Blu-ray.

But WB wanted Zack Snyder to cut it to 2 hours for the theatrical cut. Which is unbelievable, since cutting 1.5 hours from a 3.5 hour movie would make it extremely unwatchable and make absolutely no sense. Snyder tried his best to negotiate with WB to release a longer cut, even made a 2.5 hour cut, which was extremely compromised and makes no sense, but WB wasn't happy. This was when Snyder suffered a family tragedy and lost the will to fight with WB for the longer cut.

He stepped down and WB(Geoff Johns) used this opportunity to hire Joss Whedon, and use the 2 months of reshoots to reshoot almost the entire film. He wrote 88 pages of reshoots, which translates to almost 90 mins of the final movie.

The original cinematographer, Fabian Wagner, and later Snyder confirmed that only 30 mins of the theatrical cut of Justice League had shots by Zack Snyder, and even those were heavily edited. The rest were shot by Joss Whedon.

So Zack Snyder's Justice League releasing next month, which is 4 hours, will contain at minimum 3.5 hours of footage we never saw.

The only new idea is the 4 mins of new footage he shot recently with Jared Leto and Joe Mangeniello, which he added since he wanted this universe's Batman and Joker meet at least once. Other than that, it's all shot in 2016.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

will it be a mandatory “four 1-hour episodes” format? maybe that was bad intel...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:06 pm
Zack Snyder shot 5 hours of assembly footage during principle photography in 2016. From that, he edited it to 214 mins(3.5 hours) and was happy to call it his director's cut. From this, he was happy to edit it down to 3 hours for the theatrical cut, and release the 3.5 hour directors cut in Blu-ray.

But WB wanted Zack Snyder to cut it to 2 hours for the theatrical cut. Which is unbelievable, since cutting 1.5 hours from a 3.5 hour movie would make it extremely unwatchable and make absolutely no sense. Snyder tried his best to negotiate with WB to release a longer cut, even made a 2.5 hour cut, which was extremely compromised and makes no sense, but WB wasn't happy. This was when Snyder suffered a family tragedy and lost the will to fight with WB for the longer cut.

He stepped down and WB(Geoff Johns) used this opportunity to hire Joss Whedon, and use the 2 months of reshoots to reshoot almost the entire film. He wrote 88 pages of reshoots, which translates to almost 90 mins of the final movie.

The original cinematographer, Fabian Wagner, and later Snyder confirmed that only 30 mins of the theatrical cut of Justice League had shots by Zack Snyder, and even those were heavily edited. The rest were shot by Joss Whedon.

So Zack Snyder's Justice League releasing next month, which is 4 hours, will contain at minimum 3.5 hours of footage we never saw.

The only new idea is the 4 mins of new footage he shot recently with Jared Leto and Joe Mangeniello, which he added since he wanted this universe's Batman and Joker meet at least once. Other than that, it's all shot in 2016.
Even if it were a 3 hour theatrical release, who in their right mind would go to the theater to watch something that long unless is a Martin Scorsese film? It's Syder's fault to begin with for not setting a shorter film in the initial story line development and script.

Remember, this is the same guy that used his leverage after the 300 to make Sucker Punch.
Last edited by ThePhillyExperiment on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Necrometer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:06 pm will it be a mandatory “four 1-hour episodes” format? maybe that was bad intel...
They were going to do that, but then decided not to because they'd have to pay people more if it was four discrete episodes.

I think that would've encouraged more fiddly editing, in the end, and at this point I'd like to see it as close to it's original form as possible - to try to settle the 'studio messed it up, original vision was brilliant' argument...
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the bela tarr of spandex
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i hope this means moon knight is 7 hours

like he's touched off some running time arms race
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

:lol: these movies are absolutely full of Nietzsche references, saturated... you may as well call it The Krypton Horse
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:20 pm
Necrometer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:06 pm will it be a mandatory “four 1-hour episodes” format? maybe that was bad intel...
They were going to do that, but then decided not to because they'd have to pay people more if it was four discrete episodes.

I think that would've encouraged more fiddly editing, in the end, and at this point I'd like to see it as close to it's original form as possible - to try to settle the 'studio messed it up, original vision was brilliant' argument...
Thanks. I suspected that had been jettisoned, but wasn’t sure. Glad it’ll just been one insanely long flick!
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

The Little Things - 5/10 - Denzel Washington is confused for 2 boring hours while trying to find the villain from Se7en, all the while miscast Mali Ramek continues his role as a mustache-less Freddie Mercury.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

communion (1989) - 7.888
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Rivers Edge - 7

Got Crispin Glover blasting some fuckin' SLAYER

To Live And Die In LA - 9

Friedkin's last total masterpiece. Fucking fantastic. Goddamn that car chase. William Peterson fucking slays.

Holocaust 2000 - 6.5

Doofy ass Omen knock off with some sweet parts. Fucking awesome Morricone score and dream sequence with Kirk Douglas nude.

Bloodsucking Freaks - 9

Last flick I watched for 2020. Masterpiece of absolutely reprehensible filth.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Harry Potter.. what, 6 I think ? Whatever. 4/10
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

:lol: :lol: :brokenheart: