Post the latest stuff you recorded.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: Post the latest stuff you recorded.

Post by Geeheeb »

try adding some more compression to the drums, and maybe even 1.5 up to 6.0 dB of distortion in Garageband. Try a smaller room reverb instead of the default.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I appreciate the advice. I plan on remixing a bunch of shit and fixing up some guitar tracks in the next few weeks so I'll give that a shot when mixing the drums.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Mongolized
Corporate Death

Post by Mongolized »

Geeheeb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:49 pm Its awesome., have you been up to anything else?
Well actually yes, now that you ask. I think something needed to be remixed though, but I'll post some when I get it!
Mongolized
Corporate Death

Post by Mongolized »

So, this is part of nine minutes of music that took us almost three years to record. Play fast, do everything else slow.

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

siiiick, also very swedish
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Miasmatic Necrosis:

Encenathrakh:

Edenic Past:

Slam420:

Undeciphered:

The Heretics Fork - for one song:
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

pooptastik wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:21 am Miasmatic Necrosis:
Encenathrakh:
Edenic Past:
Slam420:
Undeciphered:
The Heretics Fork - for one song:
Playing on a million solid albums isn't going to get you into heaven, Paulo. There's still time to repent.

Turn that upsidedown cross ( :invcross: ) upsidedown - it takes fewer muscles to pray than it does to play (guitar).
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

I miss playing my guitar. I don't want to do vocals anymore and I'm sick of packing orders.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Welcome back big dawg.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

its almost like he never left!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

HOLY SHIT
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
godofdeadlydeath

I remixed on of my oldest songs and spruced up the guitar tracks a little bit. The leads sound a lot better than the previous versions.

I tightened up the tones on this one and added some distorted bass, think it really beefed it up a lot.

I shortened this song and fixed up the tones here too.

This one is much less obnoxious without the strings/synth sounds that I had originally put on it.

GeeHeeb, thanks for your suggestions. The compression on the drums makes it sound a lot less-shitty. I also beefed up the guitar tones more. The drums still sound fake as hell but that's to be expected from GarageBand programming.

godofdeadlydeath

Wrote a straight up old school metal track that needs to be completed but I really dug the riffs so far and wanted to share.

I added a part and changed the mix a little. Still needs some work.
Last edited by godofdeadlydeath on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

rescued from myspace limbo
godofdeadlydeath

Warpsmasher wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:53 am rescued from myspace limbo
Oh shit! I feel like I remember this title.

Stink Pig
Big White Dummy

Post by Stink Pig »

everyone in this thread: you're all doing amazing work, wish i was an eighth as talented and interesting as you. :cheers:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Stink Pig wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:23 am everyone in this thread: you're all doing amazing work, wish i was an eighth as talented and interesting as you. :cheers:
wow thanks brother!
godofdeadlydeath

I've been hating my guitar tone through my downsized Line 6 amp and even when I record I've just been wanting something with a little more beef and presence. I had been googling cheap pedals and amp simulators and I picked up a Behringer GDI21 V-Tone Guitar Driver DI and it is pretty much exactly what I wanted in terms of giving me a beefier tone and also providing a variety of sounds. I am fucking giddy to record new shit with this, and it was only $30.

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 am I've been hating my guitar tone through my downsized Line 6 amp and even when I record I've just been wanting something with a little more beef and presence. I had been googling cheap pedals and amp simulators and I picked up a Behringer GDI21 V-Tone Guitar Driver DI and it is pretty much exactly what I wanted in terms of giving me a beefier tone and also providing a variety of sounds. I am fucking giddy to record new shit with this, and it was only $30.
I got one of these and thought it sounded like shit right into my recording device. Even with the cheap mic/cab sim bullshit it has. The “mixer” output on my digitech death metal literally sounds more realistic. Although when using the XLR output it sounds slightly better. You probably have a much better DAW than me or maybe you’re going through a direct box or some kind of cab sim/ IR’s if you can actually get it sound decent.

EDIT: I’m pretty sure it’s the same as this pedal they put out a few years ago just in a different housing as the controls are virtually identical

Ill body
/
Ill will
godofdeadlydeath

cxwx wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:46 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 am I've been hating my guitar tone through my downsized Line 6 amp and even when I record I've just been wanting something with a little more beef and presence. I had been googling cheap pedals and amp simulators and I picked up a Behringer GDI21 V-Tone Guitar Driver DI and it is pretty much exactly what I wanted in terms of giving me a beefier tone and also providing a variety of sounds. I am fucking giddy to record new shit with this, and it was only $30.
I got one of these and thought it sounded like shit right into my recording device. Even with the cheap mic/cab sim bullshit it has. The “mixer” output on my digitech death metal literally sounds more realistic. Although when using the XLR output it sounds slightly better. You probably have a much better DAW than me or maybe you’re going through a direct box or some kind of cab sim/ IR’s if you can actually get it sound decent.

EDIT: I’m pretty sure it’s the same as this pedal they put out a few years ago just in a different housing as the controls are virtually identical

I would assume we're looking for different things in terms of tone because this gave me just what I needed. My DAW is dogshit - it's literally Garageband on an old iPad Mini that I plug into via an iRig HD (I did use the XLR output and it does sound great). Bear in mind, I come from previously owning a Crate 100w solid state GFX head and now a 50w Line 6 Spider, so it's not like I've ever had "great" metal tone in the first place. It is basically the same as the TM 300.

I re-recorded the guitars on one of my most recent songs yesterday just to hear the difference and I think it sounds a lot better now. I'm going to remix the whole thing, the drums don't sound great but the guitars sound better to me. I'm no longer using the AmpliTube or Garageband amp models, which were never great.

pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

pooptastik wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:26 am
:tup:
Ill body
/
Ill will
godofdeadlydeath

Remixed my latest song and finally dig the balance of the guitars and drums. I'll be adding additional parts to this and leads at some point but just wanted to share in the meantime.

the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Working on a metal musical about Erik...
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:09 pm Remixed my latest song and finally dig the balance of the guitars and drums. I'll be adding additional parts to this and leads at some point but just wanted to share in the meantime.

this is pretty fuckin impressive man
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7