The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by FVBTVS »

there seriously needs to be a movie made about peter molyneux already..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... eux-forgot
Bryan tells me it wasn't long after his visit to 22Cans that communication with the studio dried up. "I would have to email them first," he says.

"After a month or two of winning, I would email them every month, purely because I expected more communication from them, but it wasn't happening.

"I would ask, so, what's happening? When am I going to find out more stuff? What's going to happen, specifically? They were taking their time to answer. They would say, we need to do this first and tell you afterwards.

"Since I won and a year after, I would email them as a ritual thing, every month, just to get some kind of update. Eventually I was like, they're not being professional at all. Communication is non-existent, so I'm not even going to try any more."
"The strangest thing is, the fact I won this and I'm going to be the God of Gods and be in this game, it never enters my mind at all. I've forgotten about it. I don't think about it ever."

And yet, Bryan believes more in hope than in expectation that he will one day be a digital God, that he will one day rule Godus.

"I believe it will happen. If it doesn't, my mum will go off. She will be really pissed off. She would probably have something to say to them.
"The only difference is I've got more Twitter followers," he says. "And even then it's still gradually declined since it started, and none of them talk to me or retweet me. So honestly, there's no difference.

"If I'm with my Canadian friend, he'll introduce me as this God of Gods, and maybe they'll think I'm cool at a party or something. It hasn't worked. My Canadian friend tried to get me in with a girl with this. She thought I was a game designer, but she knew how young I was, so she didn't go for it."
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

That article is a great read. How does that goon keep getting investor money? I can't believe people actually Kickstarted that stupid Godus game and it's nowhere near being feature complete. :lol: A fool and his money...
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I think I just like to install and get PC games looking their best more than I do playing them.

Star Wars: Dark Forces. The thing here is I can finally play it with a controller with proper inverted mouse look functions (not keeping a button pressed or using look up/down buttons). Resolution isn't high, but l think an old foggy game this might look worse all stretched and shit.

Star Wars: Dark Forces 2 Jedi something. Finally, after years and years some one patched this so it can run proper on a modern computer. High res pack and enhancing mod seal the deal. I was a little shit when I tried this game back on Windows '98, and pissed on it because it didn't look like Quake 3 or Unreal. Going to have to make amends.

Serious Sam 3. First of all, it is loads better looking than the 360 port. Second, it has an active Steamworks modding community. Of all the games.

Batman: Arkham Origins. Smoke physics :lol: Not having a modern PC for some years meant I completely missed DirectX10. Now I'm activating DX11 options ike a champion.

Diakatana. I haven't tried to patch this or do anything fancy with it, but vanilla, this game looks like shit even for the time. What an ugly green mess.

*Dishonored. Really not much different than the 360 version. I thought I read somewhere that it look amazing on the PC. I've been tricked.

A few more games, and I'll be done with Steam/GOG.

*Since posting this, I learned there is a Dismemberment mod for Dishonored. :awesome:

**Seems like there are some graphics tricks I can mod into Dishonored. Good. The game really is too washed out with that art style.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Someone fixed Jedi Knight?! I've wanted to play that again for years.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://kotaku.com/the-pizza-party-where ... 1685455125

Some evil stories in there lol. Kind of glad my childhood thoughts of making games never came to fruition. That last one though......stop shitting out kids when your sole income source is from an unstable industry.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The very last thing anyone should consider as a career is having anything to do with video games.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

How is Far Cry 4 (ultra) this good looking and how is my PC running this so smooth? I may have to consider GTA V for the PC now. I thought FC4 was going to be the most taxing thing, but I've underestimated the POWER. GTA V mods, hmm!

Of course, aren't all the GTA ports kind of bunk.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:Of course, aren't all the GTA ports kind of bunk.
GTA IV PC was. But their most recent PC game is Max Payne 3 and is one of the best ports around (except for all the whiny xasthur fans who complained about a 30gb game in 2012/13). The same Rockstar studio that did MP3 is doing the GTA V port.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:That last one though......stop shitting out kids when your sole income source is from an unstable industry.
Notice also that at least one of the kids is from another man, and there's also something about a stepson whose graduation she wanted to visit. And one of the kids has autism, and another has psychological issues from all the moving. They're the Dutkos of the game industry. :lol:

Sometimes I think I should've gone to art school, or that there's something wrong with the fact that I've worked in the same place for 10 years now. If I'd gone to art school I'd probably be in games now. I guess I did it right, after all.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I saw that, but I'm really not into VNs. the Hate games are supposed to be pretty decent but eh...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Speaking of creepy anime, I'm still a few hours from when FFXIII is supposed to get good, and I'm actually enjoying myself. Also, from what I've read about XIII-2, it has basically the same combat but a more open RPG-like structure, so, um, unless the next 20 hours of XIII change my mind again (which is entirely possible), I may have to play that next. I mean, after Bloodborne.

But... yeah. Did I mention this is the only FF game I've ever played? What's happening here? Am I discovering that I'm gay?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i think you're just discovering that you have terrible taste in final fantasy games if anything
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

If I pretend that I liked Phantasy Star II better, does that help? I don't really remember anything about the game other than that the chick with the ears died, but like... for the sake of argument.

I kind of want to play the older FF games, especially VII, but if I'm totally honest, I just can't deal with shitty old PS1/2 graphics anymore.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

FVBTVS wrote:peter molyneux
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02 ... ckstarter/
RPS: Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?

Peter Molyneux: That’s a very…

RPS: I know it’s a harsh question, but it seems an important question to ask because there do seem to be lots and lots of lies piling up.

Peter Molyneux: I’m not aware of a single lie, actually. I’m aware of me saying things and because of circumstances often outside of our control those things don’t come to pass, but I don’t think that’s called lying, is it? I don’t think I’ve ever knowingly lied, at all. And if you want to call me on one I’ll talk about it for sure.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

he's a sadist is what he is :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:peter molyneux
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02 ... ckstarter/
RPS: Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?

Peter Molyneux: That’s a very…

RPS: I know it’s a harsh question, but it seems an important question to ask because there do seem to be lots and lots of lies piling up.

Peter Molyneux: I’m not aware of a single lie, actually. I’m aware of me saying things and because of circumstances often outside of our control those things don’t come to pass, but I don’t think that’s called lying, is it? I don’t think I’ve ever knowingly lied, at all. And if you want to call me on one I’ll talk about it for sure.
this interview is nuts and kinda bad but :tup:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

How's the PC version of Dragon's Age: Inquisition? Seems like it would be a big mess. That motherfucker have controller support? If it's cool and uses a controller I'll buy the nigga for the PC. I'll buy GTA V PC. I don't give a fuck.

I've way underestimated my PC. Sites say it should run Witcher 3 just damn fine. I'd love to know the Batman Arkham Knight requirements. Ha! As of now, the PS4 and XBOX one are just to play Bloodborne and Halo. Actually, PS4 version of Diablo 3 with the control system is Superior.

Anyone use SweetFX? For the most part I'd say it just makes games darker or blows out textures with too much vibrant colors, but for a few games, it's a must. Dishonored, Singularity, Bioshock, old Tomb Raider games like Legends, Dark Souls... oh hell Yes! Even Rayman Legends, while not necessary at all, looks like it has more depth and you notice all the crazy shit going on in the back ground all the more.

Since I'll get the PC GTA V, I'm going to abandon my PS4 play through. I think tonight I'll drink 12 beers and try to get Skyrim up and running with 100 mods without crashing one more time. If it fails, then I'll admit defeat and just play with a few potent ones and that will be that.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:How's the PC version of Dragon's Age: Inquisition? Seems like it would be a big mess. That motherfucker have controller support? If it's cool and uses a controller I'll buy the nigga for the PC. I'll buy GTA V PC. I don't give a fuck.
I have it on PC. Didn't play it for very long, but I didn't notice any problems. It does have controller support.
Anyone use SweetFX?

If it just makes your game darker, you're using shitty presets. SweetFX is great, but you need to look around for presets that'll actually look good with the game you're using it on.

I'm 20 hours into FFXIII and the game's finally letting me choose my own party. :lol: :fp:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Anyone use SweetFX?

If it just makes your game darker, you're using shitty presets. SweetFX is great, but you need to look around for presets that'll actually look good with the game you're using it on.
No... I mean yeah. It's just that I found most games didn't need it and the best it's doing is just darkening the game, or blowing up the lighting/color. The older and/or washed out games nicely benefit from it, though. And then their is Rayman, which makes it just all the more like a drug dream. I will be trying it out on Skyrim tonight. Last three attempts I've tried to make the game realistic looking, and that just makes for black as tar screens when in cave or at night. So, I'll go for more fantasy look. Anyhow, I went off topic. Any games you use with SweetFX that you recommend?

Pisscubes wrote:I feel like I should be more into shadow of mordor. I like the mechanics-- I mean, fuck, it's batman basically. But I'm just not interested in the missions.
The missions? The missions are just fluff to get you to unlock a new skill you cant upgrade yourself. The Orcs are the real game.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I feel like I'm floundering and I totally blame myself. I think I'm just mistaking the surface for the game (mostly because I haven't had time to play for more than 30 minutes at a sit for the most part). But so far I just keep unlocking orc enemies and learning they don't like and shit, going to find executing them and then running like a bitch if they're in a big orc settlement.

TELL ME WHAT TO DO THE BILL.
Have you unlocked the War Cheif, yet? Killing the minor guys is nothing, they'll keep refilling the holes you made after awhile. Did you unlock assassination?

Have you been collecting those things so you can level up. Some of his powers are bad ass.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Skyrim was going great and then the horses started spinning around like a Gyro and a gate would not open. I spent too much time last night to give up. Another shot today after I reinstall it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Any games you use with SweetFX that you recommend?
Nah, just Dark Souls, sorry. I don't really do a whole lot of modding unless there's something seriously wrong with a game, like the terrible DS port or exactly two things about The Witcher 2 that pissed me off to the point where they needed to be fixed.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Tell me The Witcher 2 mods, please. Although I hear an unofficial combat patch from one of the developers is not good despite its popularity.

Dead Space 1 & 2 with SweetFX are also a must now. Sinister and pretty. CoD Black Ops (the only one I like a lot) looks much better with it as well. Who knew it had such nice shadow work under that brown/grey tarp. I'll probably mess with the settings and go for super colorful look since I've seen the modern warfare look before way too many times.

Changed the Dark Souls sfx settings and it really works well with HD textures. Dare I say Dark Souls is a great looking game now?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Tell me The Witcher 2 mods, please.
These two, but I'm not sure about the second one.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/221/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/303/?

Basically, if you play the game in Dark Mode, there's a really annoying effect everytime you draw a sword from one of the special gear sets where the screen goes black and white and there's this grating sound effect to show that the sword is "cursed". The mod removes that, but it also removes the HP draining and replaces it with gradual HP recovery. The chick who wrote it posts on the Witcher forums and she's not happy with it for that reason, but I still think it's a massive improvement because the effect is so annoying.

The second one fixes a problem with the grass in Act 2. At least I think that's the one I used, but I lost my installation recently and I haven't re-installed the mods.