The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:Resisting overwhelming urge to buy Fallout 3 & mod that.
Don't do it. It has GFWL and is supposed to be a horrible port that might not even work on Win7 or later. New Vegas is the vastly superior Fallout game anyways.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Don't do it. It has GFWL and is supposed to be a horrible port that might not even work on Win7 or later.
I played the Steam version on Win7 briefly, worked fine. I think later this year I may make another earnest attempt to like this game. I feel like I should, but I just sorta can't.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Don't do it. It has GFWL and is supposed to be a horrible port that might not even work on Win7 or later. New Vegas is the vastly superior Fallout game anyways.
Like Skyrim and NV there are a load of mods whose sole purpose is to get the game running right, and I saw FO3 had a number of those (including eliminating GFWL) so I'm not too worried about that aspect. Being that I kicked that game's and all it's DLC's asses (360) to the point I just wandered the wasteland murdering whole towns for something to do, it's going to need a decent amount of user created adventures and some sort of graphical flair that will differentiate it from NV. Just no dark as fuck nights, caves, and interiors. Ripped out a bunch of facial hair trying to get Skyrim and NV visible in the dark with these weather mods and shit. There's "immersion" and then there is fucking retarded, nerds. Blackening a screen in games that don't utilizes a proper flash light system is dumb. Immersion? Immersion in games with dragons, and radioactive giant scorpions, and magic, and laser Gatling guns? Shut the fuck up!

Also, fuck you to Oblivion (PC) for not having controller support.

Double also related to The Order:

(On an unrelated, lighter note, there are an unusual number of free-hanging dicks in this game. If you're weary of all of video games' bouncing breasts and want to see a different flopping appendage, The Order has got you covered.)

AIDS on top of a pile of shit.
Pip
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Pip »

I legitimately cannot remember an AAA, massively hyped, platform exclusive game like The Order getting almost universally slammed like this in reviews. It's kind of awe-inspiring. The Kotaku review is crushing with a huge "NO, you shouldn't play this game" above the fold in its review. Ouch.

And remember, they delayed this game from the fall so they could finalize it and make it a better game. Crazy.
Geeheeb wrote:Is that horse circumcised?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pip wrote:I legitimately cannot remember an AAA, massively hyped, platform exclusive game like The Order getting almost universally slammed like this in reviews. It's kind of awe-inspiring.
It makes me a tiny bit sad because I have a soft spot in my heart for Ready at Dawn. The PSP God of War games were absolutely excellent stuff, and this was their shot at the big-time. They really must've dropped the ball so badly that Sony decided they weren't going to bother bribing the reviewers, and no doubt the game's going to tank and then Sony kills the studio.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

"The Bargain Bin: $18.86"

LOL
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha, that still seems like too much money. In development since 2010, 5 hour campaign, no mp, no replay value, nothing. :fp:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Wang Mandu wrote:In development since 2010
:shock: :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

To be fair, they did create their own engine from scratch. Still... :lol:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

five years, five hour campaign? sounds good to me boys..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It's as old as my daughter.

Boob technology is easy, the Japanese perfected it back on the original XBOX. It's swinging shlong physics that takes time to develop. Isn't the head director, or producer a woman? Did she put in dangling dongs to spite the Dead or Alive type bongo action? Are whipping wieners something she gets pleasure from like a deviant art pervert? Are mutli-directional dicks some sort of statement? Or are consummate cocks just her lazy shot at ripping off something from Game of Thrones?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I would rather have a good new game than a bunch of assholes trading quips on the internet about a shitty one :(
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Jesus, even Gamespot gave The Order a snarky review where that fat egghead who likes everything chuckles at how dumb it is.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Who is the fat egghead? I hope you aren't talking about Kevin VanOrd because that dude has been a Souls fan since the beginning. He gets a pass.

Whhhhhyyyy does this have to release near Bloodborne?! :mastoman:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:I hope you aren't talking about Kevin VanOrd because that dude has been a Souls fan since the beginning. He gets a pass.
That's him. If he's an early Souls adopter, fine, duly noted. The man has taste. Doesn't change the fact that I find his reviews unbearable, though, and Gamespot is an even bigger bunch of shills than IGN.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I'm about 75% of the way through The Order. Looks like I will platinum this in one sitting. I'm definitely enjoying the game. I paid $47.99 for it, and I'll probably trade in for a little less at Best Buy this week. Worth it if you have Best Buy GCU, IMO.
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Now here is a game with a deep cult following and it seems whenever someone tries it for the first time then go all OCD over it like Geoff did with Dark Souls. I admit I tried playing it once almost ten years ago, but hit a bug that turned me off to playing more. Now, years later there have been some improvements to the unofficial patch. After New Vegas, I think I should give this a shot. I only really remember four things about it:
1) I banged a vampire that looked like Harley Quinn
2) The graphics disappointed me, as it wasn't up to HL2's standards (same engine).
3) It had an excellent haunted house mission.
4) Whatever class I choose was crazy, and my guy would talk like a nutjob (I think it was actually funny and well done)

Played more New Vegas Friday night. The wife is becoming unimpressed with the increased time I've been spending on the PC since I got the game up and running. She would be further unimpressed if she knew that time was spent doing side missions in order to bang a fan made companion that's named Willow.

There seems to be a pretty good Pinnacle scheme for Oblivion. Going to give it a shot. I think I just want to keep on modding games.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

milkmandan wrote:I'm about 75% of the way through The Order. Looks like I will platinum this in one sitting. I'm definitely enjoying the game. I paid $47.99 for it, and I'll probably trade in for a little less at Best Buy this week. Worth it if you have Best Buy GCU, IMO.
Don't say stuff like that. I'm way too tempted to get this game as it is, and I know it's only going to break my heart.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

spacehamster wrote:
milkmandan wrote:I'm about 75% of the way through The Order. Looks like I will platinum this in one sitting. I'm definitely enjoying the game. I paid $47.99 for it, and I'll probably trade in for a little less at Best Buy this week. Worth it if you have Best Buy GCU, IMO.
Don't say stuff like that. I'm way too tempted to get this game as it is, and I know it's only going to break my heart.
I got the platinum last night and traded it in today. Worth the ~$10 I paid. Would definitely pay ($10) for the sequel.
ImageImageImage
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

there is literally not one single thing on earth that i am this good at
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

copstache wrote:

there is literally not one single thing on earth that i am this good at
You could always spend your time putting in about 400% less effort and sequence the actual POS song this kid has sunk 200 hours+ into getting to this level on?
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

facehugger spider hands button mash for high score
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

GTA V pushed back again. I don't know if I should take it as a sign to definitely get the PC version because it will be so polished & optimized or avoiding because it's a mess. I played enough of the PS4 version to feel I know the game as is enough. Would want mods to start over.

Oblivion looks damn good now. Dungeons are still bland but the above world is wonderful. Need to play this after New Vegas.

Speaking of New Vegas I am baffled as to why I quit this game on the 360. I can only guess I had played it back to back with FO3 and was drained. I don't remember. Past The Bill's failure is present day The Bill's gain.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

my 11-12 year old self is lying on the ground having a violent seizure right now
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR