Damon Lindelof's Watchmen

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Damon Lindelof's Watchmen

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:45 am
rounding out the experience by watching the movie soon :crowbreed:
Why would you have a shit sandwich for dessert after a great meal?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:45 am
rounding out the experience by watching the movie soon :crowbreed:

Ross, don't do it. The film is a piece of shit of the highest order (not only as a film version of the comic, but as a standalone film in itself as well) and exactly what you would expect from a simpleton like Zack Snyder.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 am exactly what you would expect from a simpleton like Zack Snyder.
My initial reaction was that it's basically like a ten year old traced the Mona Lisa with crayons and then drew a mustache on it, but once you figure out that Snyder is an Ayn Rand fan and he basically did to Watchmen what Verhoeven did to Starship Troopers, just... not in the good way.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

this is certainly not the type of conversation I was hoping to initiate

the_kill, I can’t remember if i started the now-nothing’d superthread about the movie, but I certainly contributed dozens of posts and don’t need any pointers on its strengths and weaknesses.

my wife will enjoy looking at the spandex and we’ll solidify our relationship if she has suitable “where squid?” reactions

the stupid ending change has not been spoiled so it will be quite a potent twist, especially in the wake of the series
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:07 am this is certainly not the type of conversation I was hoping to initiate

the_kill, I can’t remember if i started the now-nothing’d superthread about the movie, but I certainly contributed dozens of posts and don’t need any pointers on its strengths and weaknesses.

my wife will enjoy looking at the spandex and we’ll solidify our relationship if she has suitable “where squid?” reactions

the stupid ending change has not been spoiled so it will be quite a potent twist, especially in the wake of the series
that's not what's going to happen... if she's not an idiot she'll just think the film is fucking stupid and won't understand why you made her watch it.
spacehamster wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 am
My initial reaction was that it's basically like a ten year old traced the Mona Lisa with crayons and then drew a mustache on it
:lol: from now on, that will be how I describe the film version to doubters
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm sure I said this in the other thread as well, but the absence of the giant squid is the absolute least of that movie's problems.

I will say, though, that I loved what the TV show did with it. And also just the fact that including it was essentially giving Snyder the finger.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

strong agree re: the series

it was interesting watching it after the rise (in the US) of a stronger-than-ever “police = white supremacy” sentiment, because the start of the show framed things as police versus white supremacy
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Watched the TV show maybe a year ago? and loved it. Might rewatch it again soon.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 am it was interesting watching it after the rise (in the US) of a stronger-than-ever “police = white supremacy” sentiment, because the start of the show framed things as police versus white supremacy
Honestly, I thought it was a bit predictable how that ended up getting turned on its head. The timing of the show was pretty damn cool/weird, though, iirc it came out about a year before BLM blew up again and suddenly seemed very eerily prescient. I also watched it afterward and it was almost too on the nose.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Never heard of the Tulsa massacre before this show, and was floored at just how realistic the depiction was from a super hero show.
Mother fucking fire bombs were dropped.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.