punk/metal stuff in Movies

Music posts are a bannable offense.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

punk/metal stuff in Movies

Post by zombiehead »

https://www.facebook.com/thekidfromhome ... rosisshirt

Subscribe to this page for me. I'm working on a database of band shit in movies because why not. I have posts scheduled all the way until April but I could use more ideas because I'm running low now. I have about 8,000 movies on my hard drive so I've been skimming through a lot of them finding random shit. I'm almost being very liberal with this idea too so I can milk posts, doesn't necessarily have to be punk or metal. I'm not trying to do live stuff, documentaries or news pieces. Just stuff in scripted TV and movies. So I wouldn't want Decline of Western Civilization or American Movie. I haven't gone through my Troma movies yet but I'm sure there's a bunch of good stuff in those. If you know of any other movies or tv shows that fit this bill, let me know. If you know of any other movies with punks, metalheads or a record store, etc....

Some movies are disappointing, like Return of the Living Dead, as there's a bunch of punks in the movie but they're not wearing any punk merch at all. The more random (less obvious) movie is better, for example there's a Napalm Death shirt in Matilda. There's stuff I never noticed like Infest, Crumbsuckers and SOD in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. Thrashin' and Rappin' both have Discharge shirts. Possessed record in Trick or Treat,etc...

Stuff I posted already:
Wild Cats
Night of the Demons
Sixteen Candles
The Little Things
Extract
Stir of Echoes
The Domestics
Madhouse
Return of the Living Dead 3
Pretty Smart
Saved by the Bell
The Horror Show
Witchboard
Terrorvision
Neighbors
Joe Dirt
Married with Children
Le Femme Nikita
Point of No Return
Sleepaway Camp
Airheads
The Crazies
Say Anything
Encino Man
The Gate
Incubus
Toy Soldiers
Biodome
Young Adult
Late for Dinner
Cooties
Trick or Treat

Stuff I have scheduled:
If I Stay
Idle Hands
Hardbodies
We Summon the Darkness
Hearts Beat Loud
Glory Daze
Darwin Awards
The Stoned Age
Summer of Sam
The Crush
Rock N Roll High School Forever
Afterhours
The Crazysitter
Doogie Howser MD
Airborne
Threat
Some Kind of Wonderful
Savage Streets
School of Rock
Somewhere
The Stuff
The Video Dead
Beer League
The Rules of Attraction
Pump Up the Volume
Pretty Woman
Revenge of the Nerds
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead
30 Minutes or Less
Hotel for Dogs
Tuff Turf
Juno
American History X
Matilda
Star Trek IV
Stay Tuned
Back to the Beach
Rappin
The Place Beyond the Pines
Pretty in Pink
The Rocker
Police Academy 2
Something Wild
Son in Law
Cops and Robbersons
Zero Charisma
18 Again!
Thrashin
Dream A Little Dream
Dream A Little Dream 2
Joe
Hiding Out
Miseducation of Cameron Post
Hot Tub Time Machine
Empire Records
Certain Fury
Can't Hardly Wait
Bloody Birthday
The Crow
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure
Bill and Teds Bogus Journey
Amityville - It's About Time
Back to School
EdTV
Brainscan

Stuff I will get to eventually:
Deathgasm
SLC Punk
Home Improvement
Sopranos
Rock Star
Rock of Ages
Lords of Chaos
Heavy Trip
High Fidelity
Bill and Ted Face the Music
Sound of Music
Suburbia
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: punk/metal stuff in Movies

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Stoned Age was such an amazingly charmless, mean, accidentally dark movie.

good luck on your quest
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Gremlins 2 has Slayer, yo!

And the Jerky Boys movie has Helmet and Ozzy.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

rocktober blood has to have something good right?
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:43 pm rocktober blood has to have something good right?
good call, I have that on dvd too.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:26 pm The Stoned Age was such an amazingly charmless, mean, accidentally dark movie.

good luck on your quest
The thing about the Stoned Age is its mostly all Blue Oyster Cult stuff. The soundtrack is cool, has all sorts of bands, but the only thing anyone wears are Blue Oyster Cult shirts and jackets, and even their car has the logo. Then the main dude calls the other a fag for liking Don't Fear the Reaper. Seems weird to have this much BOC apperciation and then call someone a fag for liking their biggest song.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

“Alone In The Dark” has The Sic F*cks in it.

Do fake bands count like in “The Driller Killer” as the punk band in that was a pretty big part of the plot

I might have missed it on the list but I didn’t see obvious stuff like Ace Ventura or Singles or are those not going to be included as they are really well known movies.
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:03 pm “Alone In The Dark” has The Sic F*cks in it.

Do fake bands count like in “The Driller Killer” as the punk band in that was a pretty big part of the plot

I might have missed it on the list but I didn’t see obvious stuff like Ace Ventura or Singles or are those not going to be included as they are really well known movies.
ah yea, Singles and Ace Ventura that will go into the "i'll get to later" list especially Singles, there's going to be about 1,000 things I can snap shot. I skimmed through Driller Killer a few days ago actually and it was only the fake band. I was thinking about going down that route. That's what the book "Destroy all Movies" did, they listed everything with a punk in it. Its interesting but I wish they could have some real band on. Driller Killer is still cool because it was in the 70s atleast. Can't be too many punks in movies in the 70s. There's like 1,000 punks in the Police Academy movies and the only thing I could ever find is a "Fear" patch.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Judgement Night
Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight
Funny Games

Also where are we drawing the line exactly for metal as Higher Learning had RATM in it and Billy Corgan wrote guitar parts for Ransom
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:11 pm Judgement Night
Funny Games

Also where are we drawing the line exactly for metal as Higher Learning had RATM in it and Billy Corgan wrote guitar parts for Ransom
I'm being very loose because I need filler stuff, so Rage is fine but I'm mostly looking for visual stuff, not so much soundtrack stuff. Like Funny Games has Naked City on the soundtrack but nothing I can take a picture of. Maybe I can post videos down the line, but I have a feeling they would get yanked.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

What if metal is in the sound track but didn’t actually make it into movie

I’m thinking stuff like
The Crow ( although there’s a fair amount of heavy-ish stuff in the movie )
Mortal Kombat
Super Cop (Jackie Chan movie)
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

zombiehead wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:14 pm
cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:11 pm Judgement Night
Funny Games

I'm being very loose because I need filler stuff, so Rage is fine but I'm mostly looking for visual stuff, not so much soundtrack stuff. Like Funny Games has Naked City on the soundtrack but nothing I can take a picture of. Maybe I can post videos down the line, but I have a feeling they would get yanked.
Ah, gotcha. Needs to have some visuals.

A movie that comes to mind as being very punk
visual without any punk music in it was class of 1999 with the android teachers.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Oh fuck, almost forgot Brain Damage

Surf Nazis Must Die
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Class of 1984 I have, there's a few punk things in that. There's punks in 1999 but nothing of name brand. its more of a scifi stuff. I loved that movie, it was on cable all the time. I passed on buying that Brain Damage bluray forever now, I should get it now.

Also, side note. The movie Airborne has a Cannibal Corpse poster and came out a year before Ace Ventura. Gotta be the first time they were ever represented on the big screen.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

The original The Terminator comes to mind of having a punk aesthetic with the punks actually being killed and the new wave bar.

Also Jason Takes Manhattan

I think you already mentioned Pet Semetary
Ill body
/
Ill will
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Lots of good stickers in airheads and school of rock. Cannibal, obituary, etc. Mostly in the van in airheads and lining jack black's lair in SOR. You can see some punks with at least one crass patch at the (I believe) double date scene in the wedding singer. And I've never seen it myself but I wore both a white black flag shirt and a sleeveless motorhead shirt in straight outta Compton, the only scenes I'm in are concert ones and the riot after Detroit concert
formerly ghost boner
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

ghost boner wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:33 pm Lots of good stickers in airheads and school of rock. Cannibal, obituary, etc. Mostly in the van in airheads and lining jack black's lair in SOR. You can see some punks with at least one crass patch at the (I believe) double date scene in the wedding singer. And I've never seen it myself but I wore both a white black flag shirt and a sleeveless motorhead shirt in straight outta Compton, the only scenes I'm in are concert ones and the riot after Detroit concert
Wedding Singer is news to me, so I'll have to look that one up right now. I also have Straight Outta Compton, so I'll try to find you in it.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

What about commercials or would that make the list just too gigantic.

Thinking about Funny Games reminded me that Sega had a commercial with a Naked City song in it.

I think commercials would be less likely to get copyright take downs.
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:39 pm What about commercials or would that make the list just too gigantic.

Thinking about Funny Games reminded me that Sega had a commercial with a Naked City song in it.

haha I would like to see that commercial atleast. I never heard about that before. I watched the Astronauts Wife last month and I swear there's a Naked City song in that, but they weren't listed on the soundtrack
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

ghost boner wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:33 pm Lots of good stickers in airheads and school of rock. Cannibal, obituary, etc. Mostly in the van in airheads and lining jack black's lair in SOR. You can see some punks with at least one crass patch at the (I believe) double date scene in the wedding singer. And I've never seen it myself but I wore both a white black flag shirt and a sleeveless motorhead shirt in straight outta Compton, the only scenes I'm in are concert ones and the riot after Detroit concert
I went through every frame of that scene and didn't see you in it. I did find the Crass patch in the Wedding Singer and the punk in that scene also has a Minor Threat patch on his arm, but its hard to see. So thats cool.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

zombiehead wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:42 pm
cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:39 pm What about commercials or would that make the list just too gigantic.

haha I would like to see that commercial atleast. I never heard about that before. I watched the Astronauts Wife last month and I swear there's a Naked City song in that, but they weren't listed on the soundtrack
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Let me know if this is Naked City because it kinda sounds like them..

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Could be a Painkiller song.
Ill body
/
Ill will
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

zombiehead wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 pm
I went through every frame of that scene and didn't see you in it. I did find the Crass patch in the Wedding Singer and the punk in that scene also has a Minor Threat patch on his arm, but its hard to see. So thats cool.
Yeah I've only seen one split second on a TV trailer before it came out that might even be me. They edited us into all over the stands as well as the standing area but no one has came close to saying they saw us either (Ed was there too) but thanks for trying. If anyone could do it it would've been you
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

we should re-edit the movie to make sure you're in it