The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:You should be playing Bloodborne right now.
I know, dammit.

The thing is, though, this is my last week of work before spring break, so basically starting Friday, I can be a complete slob and not even leave the house except to buy beer and Pringles. I almost like the idea better that I'll get the game on Thursday so I can just dive in guilt free.

And then I'll platinum the fucker in three weeks. You watch.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

delmuerte wrote:How many PC people here actually own controllers? I'd be shocked if it was more than like a couple. Controllers are horrible.
I have a wireless 360 controller. The only first person or 3rd person game I have used it for is The Witcher 2. Controllers are objectively terrible for FPS, but actually work better for a few select 3rd person games.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I wouldn't play on PC if I couldn't use a countroller. Mouse and keyboard are working tools. If a game doesn't have controller support, I won't play it, with very few exceptions.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I've heard you take that hard stance before, but I still don't know why.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

A hard stance, by a hard man.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

delmuerte wrote:I've heard you take that hard stance before, but I still don't know why.
Same way I don't know why some people think controllers are "horrible". It's just a preference. As far back as the late 80s/early 90s, playing on my friend's Amiga, I always hated using the keyboard to play games.

Plus my PC's in the living room and my ass is on the couch, so that's kind of a problem anyway.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Steam sale says I just bought a certain collection:

Friday, I started the Mage Guild storyline in Oblivion. Never did magic anything in these games before. So far I haven't had to use magic once for the mages. :shock:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Welp, I caved. I was going to wait until tomorrow and then buy Bloodborne from the PSN store if the Amazon package isn't here because obviously I needed to have the game before the Easter weekend, but I've got no work to do tonight (well... nothing urgent anyway *cough*), so fuck it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
You're doing the right thing.
Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. It's glorious.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:It really does make you frightened in a way that I haven't been since DS1
God dammit, Geoff. DEMON'S SOULS.

Anyway, I think it's mostly the faster combat - it feels like you should be able to turtle, but you can't. But let's take this to its own thread.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don't want to hear that thread segregationist jibber-jabber. You're quite welcome to discuss the Ninja Turtles games here anytime you like.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I played the new Dark Souls II edition and I love the remixed enemies and items. FotFG is a lot tougher than before with the added mobs and it's almost like playing a new game. There are also more items strewn along the way like more humanity and titanite shards. I just wish the durablity wasn't a chore and From would get rid of durability all together. It's a non-issue in DeS, DS, and Bloodborne and too much of an issue in DSII. Both systems suck. I also got invaded by an npc pretty early and it seems they also created more npcs to summon. So far, worth 20 bucks.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

worthj 60?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Any other series, I'd say hell no....if you haven't played the DLC, maybe 60 but definitely worth it at 40 or below. It's a such a huge game with all the DLC now and I'm not running through areas like I did previously. Going from Bloodborne back to a steady 60 fps Souls game, 3 sec load times and lore load screens feels incredible.

It might be worth 60 for the four man gank squad I was a part of when summoned for The Last Giant. He went down in 10 seconds. :lol:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

How much of an improvement are the graphics on PC? I'll get it eventually, but I'm way too deep in Bloodborne at the moment, and since Steam wiped my saves, I can't just install it and bounce around a few areas to check them out, I'll actually have to play the thing properly, and that's not happening for a while.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

finished Axiom Verge.

you guys should probably play it
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if you hold any reverence for the metroid formula, it's probably the single best example of it ever made not named "metroid." they should teach this game in game design classes.

despite being called a "metroidvania" it's 100% metroid and not at all castlevania. but they kind of take metroid as a base and use it to subvert your expectations and do some really neat things with it.

it's incredible that just one dude made it.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:How much of an improvement are the graphics on PC? I'll get it eventually, but I'm way too deep in Bloodborne at the moment, and since Steam wiped my saves, I can't just install it and bounce around a few areas to check them out, I'll actually have to play the thing properly, and that's not happening for a while.
Not as good as Gedosato or an ENB profile but compared to the vanilla original release, it does look better. Everything looks crisper and they have tweaked the lighting in some of the rooms. Some places are really dark.

:tup: Pisscubes. Axiom Verge looks great but again.....I'm already drowning in games.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah. I have too much to play already but some doofus agreed to sell me his copy of bloodborne for $30 so I guess I have that now too
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:bean: :mastoman:
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I'm cautiously stoked for Witcher 3. I have never really been into medieval style games and I couldn't even finish Dragon Age 3 out of sheer boredom. Witcher 2 was fun, but so was Dragon Age 2 (controversial opinion).
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I have that Witcher 2 on the PC. I need to play that, but I've been dumping a ton of sword/sorcery/RPG shit into my mouth since mid-January. After Bloodborne I need to shoot some shit. I NEED to finish NOLF. Then maybe play something mindless like Painkiller. Still waiting for the new Brutal Doom so I can reinstall that crack cocaine onto my PC.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not watching any more Witcher 3 footage. Too many feels. I'm just going to try and forget that it's coming out and not think about it.

In other news, of course I couldn't wait and bought the Dark Souls 2 upgrade. The improved lighting is... well, it's there. It does help noticeably with those puke-ugly ground textures in the Forest of Failed Graphics, but man, I forgot how ugly this game is. Usually framerate trumps everything for me, but I just winced and ran back to Bloodborne.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Anybody interested in doing a coop run of Dying Light?