The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Wang Mandu »

delmuerte wrote:I'm cautiously stoked for Witcher 3. I have never really been into medieval style games and I couldn't even finish Dragon Age 3 out of sheer boredom. Witcher 2 was fun, but so was Dragon Age 2 (controversial opinion).
The only concern I have about TW3 is the combat, which is looking fine to me. The quests won't be like DA3's at all, not collect X number of wolf pelts. The side quests are all handmade and some of the previews have been surprised how detailed some of them can get.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Some people are losing their shit over CDPR announcing an expansion pass for The Witcher 3 :lol: Fuck gamers.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided announced.

Details....
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-Added a lot of diversity to the environments
-Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
-Certain elements of the environment now react to combat
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I am ready for more Deus Ex.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
More Dishonored too.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

GTA V on PC is 60 gigs lol. Can't wait to play this in a non shitty framerate and resolution.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I almost caved to an Amazon deal yesterday, but in the end decided that 30 bucks was still too much for Battlefield Hardline, COD AW, and The Order (individually $30, not 30 for all three).
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Order's eventually going to be free on PSN+. No point paying a single dime for that game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:The Order's eventually going to be free on PSN+. No point paying a single dime for that game.
:? :oops: I forgot I even have the Plus subscription. I don't even know what April's selection is. Pretty sure I missed either March or February's. I pretty much don't care about the PS3 free shit anymore. Were any past COD titles ever on Plus? I get that feeling that the Holy Grail of Activation isn't something that gets the free treatment.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Stoked on new Deus Ex, even though I only played 5 minutes of the DLC before I was like "fuck this"

For CDPR, I wish they'd release more info about Cyberpunk 2077, but I suppose that all will have to wait until Witcher 3's PR cycle winds down.

Also, Mass Effect this year?? oh em gee.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

New Mass Effect? Guess I need to finish 3.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

I hope that Deus Ex is a little more open than the previous. That is what lost my interest.

But a ghetto in Prague called Golem City? Have you ever read The Golem? :moreawesome:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

delmuerte wrote:
Also, Mass Effect this year??
Where'd you see this news? Must pre-order right now, slappy.
electronichamz wrote:I hope that Deus Ex is a little more open than the previous. That is what lost my interest.
The game never fully clicked with me, but it was all over once this happened:

Hahaha, I just could not and still can't take this game seriously after that. It should have became a full on comedy, or something. Instead it goes back to being serious, and therefore seriously boring.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Were any past COD titles ever on Plus?
I don't really check religiously either, but not that I remember and I'd be surprised. The fucking things still go for like 40$ on Steam years after they come out. I don't even understand how that works. I thought everyone bought these games for the MP, and that's likely deserted when the next one comes out? You'd think last year's COD game is worthless.

Anyway, the exclusives tend to become PSN+ freebies sooner or later. I'm morbidly curious about this game as well because the setting and the story sound like something I'd really like, but by all accounts, it's so terrible that I'd hate myself for spending money on it.

And besides, with Bloodborne, the new Dark Souls 2 version, The Witcher 3 and now apparently the new Mass Effect game later this year, I, uh, yeah.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i'm pretty sure every iteration of COD has its die hard adherents that hang on for dear life through the release of every subsequent title. i can still fire up MW1 and get a few games out of it..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... now-so-far

I just saw somewhere else that it was looking more like 2016 :(
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

delmuerte wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... now-so-far

I just saw somewhere else that it was looking more like 2016 :(
EA isn't like Nintendo where they only show their stuff right before it releases with a few exceptions. Bioware just put out Dragon Age last year, so I'd put the smart money on holiday 2016. If we're lucky, maybe a new Fallout this year to tide you over instead.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I'd take that over almost anything, though I didn't even finish F:NV.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

It's funny how Bioware always makes drastic changes from the initial successful first game then comes crawling back to what made those popular. FO4 and ME4 are 2016 at the earliest.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Wang Mandu wrote:It's funny how Bioware always makes drastic changes from the initial successful first game then comes crawling back to what made those popular. FO4 and ME4 are 2016 at the earliest.
Yeah, I'm not expecting either. Not that I have a problem with that. My RPG quota is pretty much filled for this year between Bloodboner, Witcher 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Drink with me ya cocksucker. :lol:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Let me get this straight: They want me to pay 60 bucks, no discount at all, to play this on ps4?

motherfuck that.

Just arrived at my job. I'm probably not going to play it for awhile, so there was absolutely no valid reason why I pre-ordered it.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Not that anyone cares but Destiny's new "expansion" won't include a raid. :lol: It's like they loathe their fanbase. Instead it sounds like some 3 person horde mode :drool: Unless the player reviews are through the roof, I can feel comfortable with finally deleting the game off my PS4 hdd. Still, the Vault of Glass raid is one of my favorite gaming moments and I got at least 150 hours out of the game so no regrets.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Highly tempted to buy GTA V for the PC. Must resist till there's some sort of mod that does something about the flight controls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Highly tempted to buy GTA V for the PC.
Full price for a game from two years ago? Shyeah. Maybe after The Witcher 3.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

GTA V on PC looks incredible and like a different game compared to my time with the PS3 version. Great port by Rockstar, loads of options for graphics and controls.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Just played some Heists - lotsa fun
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath