The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:GTA V on PC looks incredible and like a different game compared to my time with the PS3 version. Great port by Rockstar, loads of options for graphics and controls.
Well, between this and the excellent Max Payne 3 port, I guess it's nice to hear Rockstar are taking their PC ports seriously. Doesn't change the fact that the last thing I need right now is a new game, and it's full price for a game from 2012 with souped up graphics. Keep in mind that if I actually ever play this, it'll be the first time I play a GTA game. I have IV on Steam because I got it for like twodallah, but I'm not sure I ever even installed it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Definitely skip IV and play V whenever you have time. It's a great game and the added video director feature seems like it might be fun to mess around with. Your own custom radio station, too! I can't wait to shoot cops while Pseudogod is playing.

Just a hyperlink!

Edit:
774,002 Dota 2
486,327 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
299,035 Grand Theft Auto V
Holy shit. Rockstar rolling in that money and that doesn't even include all the games sold outside of Steam.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Played GTAV last night for, like, 20 minutes. Turned out to be 3 hours. It's way better than I thought it would be, but I never played it when it was on consoles 17 months ago.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Figured someone may want this as I already have it.

It's a Steam code for Dead Space 2.

HNRGK-JIBL2-W8NFB
i like to dissect women
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

oh my god
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Until they showed that one rebel doing the spit-take on the AT-AT, I thought this was live footage.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Representative of PS4, yeah right. Show me the receipts bitches.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

delmuerte wrote:Until they showed that one rebel doing the spit-take on the AT-AT, I thought this was live footage.
You want live footage in your Star Wars games? You got it:

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/introduc ... 0-6424503/

Nice Gamespot feature for The Witcher 3. Part two tomorrow.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Back to No One Lives Forever. Early 2K FPS, man. Feels damn good. :tup2:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Bah! Steam charging money for mods now. Glad I decked out Skyrim when I did.

Beat NOLF last night. Still holds up well. Unfortunately using a controller turned into a major problem for the very final boss. I could have used m/kb but decided to stick it out.

Despite Dark Forces II working perfectly with Pinnacle only a week ago it just suddenly does not work at all when I tried to start the game proper. Great! Native joystick support is junk. It thinks the 360 triggers are z axis, and it constantly strays on its own up and to the sides. No thanks.

Started Blood II. Hopefully it doesn't crash to hell like the last attempt several years ago.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

GTA V pc is good. glad I picked it up, I absolutely want to play through the whole thing again. really enjoying playing it first person

having trouble preventing fps dips but worst case scenario it drops down to 45 fps for half a second when driving really fast. could be worse.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:GTA V pc is good. glad I picked it up, I absolutely want to play through the whole thing again. really enjoying playing it first person

having trouble preventing fps dips but worst case scenario it drops down to 45 fps for half a second when driving really fast. could be worse.
I looks beautiful. I have everything cranked to the max except MXSS (whatever) which is off & Post Processing which is very high, not ultra. That Post Processing is the big bitch here in terms of performance hitting. Try lowering that.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:GTA V pc is good. glad I picked it up, I absolutely want to play through the whole thing again. really enjoying playing it first person

I looks beautiful. I have everything cranked to the max except MXSS (whatever) which is off & Post Processing which is very high, not ultra. That Post Processing is the big bitch here in terms of performance hitting. Try lowering that.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

the game actually runs WORSE if you turn too many things down. the biggest performance boosts I've gotten came from cranking down the grass and the post-processing. almost everything else makes no difference between normal and high.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Grass areas do take a larger hit during the benchmark, so I guess grass is another thing to watch for. I'm still above 40 fps so I'm leaving grass on Ultra. I don't recall much of anything crazy happening in a grassy field that I'd fear a large drop affecting anything important.

I've got this powerful rig and I'm playing Blood 2, then probably Undying. Ha! I really should be getting into FC4 already.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:Bah! Steam charging money for mods now. Glad I decked out Skyrim when I did.
Gonna wait on Fallout 4 and the next Elder Scrolls games and see how this paid mod stuff turns out. I think it is great mod creators can get some compensation for their work but fuck off at $2 for some shitty armor set. I'd much rather see a pay what you want option and I'd probably chip in more if it was a must have mod. Lots of questions still though about refunds and what happens when a mod becomes incompatible because of a patch.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm bummed if Nexus turns into a ghost town, now. Or they start charging.

This may sound like crazy talk, but Blood 2 in this odd way feels like the child of No One Lives Forever & Bloodborne. Timing could not be more perfect to play it.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill wrote:I'm bummed if Nexus turns into a ghost town, now. Or they start charging.
Doubtful. I could see a lot of people telling Bethesda and Valve to fuck off with that laughable 75% Bethesda and Valve, 25% mod creator split.
Q. What happens if a mod I bought breaks?
A. Sometimes one mod may modify the same files as another mod, or a particular combination of mods may cause unexpected outcomes. If you find that mod has broken or is behaving unexpectedly, it is best to post politely on the Workshop item's page and let the mod author know the details of what you are seeing.
:lol: This whole thing is disgusting.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

One day in and there's already a Big to do about selling mods that contain other people's work. Good, I hope the whole thing implodes.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-pa ... 0924.phtml

Just saw that. :lol: Also, this.

:awesome:

Valve can't improve their terrible customer service and Bethesda can't release shoddy PC ports but they have enough time to think of creative ways to nickle and dime consumers.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ugh, those top three titles make me queasy thinking about them. I think I must have played all three very drunk on wine (I bet Malbec), it's creating some sort of Pavlovian nausea. Anyhow, not a huge fan of any of them. Never finished Dante nor Darksiders. All three just kind of bored me. They're not bad, but perfectly mediocre.

As for Ass Creed, only the pirate one looks like it would entertain me. Still haven't played it. It came free with my XBOX One, but if it's ever really cheap, I'd rather play it on Steam (provided it was a quality port ???)
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

killzone 3 is decent for what it is. shooting mechanics are good
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, Killzone 3 was fine. I still think 2 is the best of the bunch, but I seem to be the only person in the universe who thinks that.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Jesus fucking christ.

90% of the games I have played over the last year or more have been souls games.

I've been totally fucking ruined.
Yeah, these From Software games get in the brain. I suggest replaying an old favorite of a completely different genre or find a title that you never played that's universally loved. I believe Time Splitters 2 helped with DS & No One Lives Forever after Bloodborne. If you had to pick from those games you got I'd say the shooter is your best bet.