formerly ghost boner
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Barry Season 3 - 10/10 - Grand Theft Auto motorbike scene :brokenheart:
The Staircase - 8/10 - Toni Collette :brokenheart:
The Baby - 7/10
Stranger Things Season 4 pt1 - 7.5/10 - Not sure if it's more Nightmare on Elm Street or Hellraiser
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Barry Season 3 - 8

Stranger Things Season 3 - 6.5
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Obi Wan fucking SUCKS :lol: :lol:

I didn't expect much but holy shit. I guess they were thinking "show for older fans to watch with their kids" or something... I'd rather show my child some ISIS beheading video from liveleak.

The leia youngling SUCKS, the villains are like some power rangers shit...

I don't know who's really passionate about Star Wars anymore, but nobody deserves this.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I've been watching it while I exercise. it's weird because there are clearly shittier sw tv shows out there... but I don't get to be angry at those because I'm smart enough not to watch them

it really sucks! I think the young leia is OK though. the Reva character annoys the hell out of me. not enough for me to do a hate crime, but still... between her and boyega, why the fuck would the black people in space sound like black people from the US? it's fucking offensive. boyega has a bad-ass british accent, he was in the empire, and they make him talk like a vaguely urban american? and this lady is the same shit. let's turn to the internet for some wisdom on this...
I think (although you may disagree) that Finn and other Stormtroopers are both metaphorical and literal slaves. They were stolen away from their homelands and re-purposed to do labor for the FO. Finn having an African American accent makes that connection to American Slavery clearer than his true accent would.
:lol:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I haven’t hated a character as much as Reva since Ally McBeal.

When I was very young I had heard rumors of Star Wars getting prequels since Empire came out, I guess. I made a wish that I would live long enough to see all the new Star Wars stuff that would come after Return of the Jedi. I guess that wish was some Monkey’s Paw type shit. It’s been a curse since.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the actor playing reva is the only person other than the lady from game of thrones actively doing anything with what is basically inert and meaningless writing. why the fuck would you hate her! it's really astonishing they've had all these years to come up with literally anything else and this is what they made. it is not the actors fault. it's really amazing that they had vader and obi wan in that contrusction site fight and they had literally nothing of consequence to say to one another :lol:

show is teletubbies for gen x stereotypes

you could cut together cgi cutscenes from various star wars video games and come up with a more compelling and dramatic story than this shit
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

leia

be careful :cheers:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Atlanta season 3 - 8.75

Succession season 1 - 7.5
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I was watching Freddie’s Nightmares while half asleep and Tim Russ was in an episode where he plays a character named “Dr Picard”
Ill body
/
Ill will
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 amthe actor playing reva is the only person other than the lady from game of thrones actively doing anything with what is basically inert and meaningless writing. why the fuck would you hate her! it's really astonishing they've had all these years to come up with literally anything else and this is what they made. it is not the actors fault.
I was only facetiously talking about it being "her fault", because apparently people have blasted her with horrible vileness.

I think it's disney's fault for creating these ridiculous situations that make no sense. I think that woman is a fine actor and I think the character is OK, it's just a mismatch for me. I know I sound like everyone upset about asian hobbits in bezos' LOTR show or whatever. it's not that I don't want african american esque characters in SW, just don't make them upper level management in the fucking empire. i'd be just as upset about this stuff if it was a wigger actor just doing their thing. it's already established that the empire = brits, the rebels = californians... come up with some other faction(s) and put your inclusive characters there. what does it communicate that 10 years before ANH there were black people high up in the empire, but then they all disappeared? were they fired!?!?!?! there's clearly a lot of allegory baked into that world, and it feels lazy to use these inclusion tactics without any deeper examination of what anything means. (I also think it's stupid that lupita nyongo was a little orange gremlin.) the way they currently do this stuff is transparent and insulting...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Barry - 8/10
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Necrometer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:45 pm tactics
this just made me think of inventing a game called Social Justice Tactics Advance, where it doesn't matter what you do in each battle - how many of your guys die, if your campaign is successful, how much gold you get or whatever - you win every single round, because the purpose of each excursion is to increase the ESG score of your elf monarch's kingdom. The battle is declared successful for having happened at all, just so long as every single kind of stupid faggot anime gnome gets selected before you hit 'start'.

I will spare all of you any further political commentary, just wanted to share this vision because I've become a caricature of a man, complaining about the political dimensions of a legacy media franchises nobody is forcing me to watch.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Then there's a sub-plot where the poor Level 3 Toad Mage you sent out to get murdered by a dragon quits Twitter because all the riffraff in the kingdom are booing them and throwing rotten fruit for being a Level 3 Toad Mage, as though that was the problem.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Alright that show sucks. Stop talking about it. Barry does not suck AT ALL and no one's talking about it. Also if you rate it less than 10 we are fucking DONE
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

My wife literally said the same thing to me at dinner today, about Barry specifically, while I was explaining why Kenobi was stupid

I'm not changing for her or you or anyone else

Im taking you all down with me
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

On season 2 of Barry. Thank you, gents. Would never have given it a second look if not for you. I’m up to the Ron/Lilly episode. My only misgivings so far is I can’t not think of these skits when I see Barry himself on stage in class:

ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Ozark Season 4 part 2 - 8/10 - It jumped the shark episode 10 but brought it back the final couple episodes.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Schitt's Creek - 8.5
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

KENOBI SPOILERS I AM GAY

shit was still irredeemable doodoo but the scene between vader and obi wan in the finale was geniunely dramatic and awesome. it was cool to see hayden christmasman in the broken mask and do some real actiing as vader brief as it was.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

SHORESY - 10
Image Certified Poster
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Obi-Wan Kenobi - 0

Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey - 8
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

:drool: You guys have a disney plus subscription. :drool:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:

in my defense they'd email me every week to upgrade my ESPN for like 5 dollars more to get hulu and Disney also

but the absolute shame is starting to make it not worth it
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Dude. The Simpsons. What do you expect?
formerly ghost boner