SHARE YOUR ARTWORK thread eleventy-seven..

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: SHARE YOUR ARTWORK thread eleventy-seven..

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Music is an old recording from 2008 on a Yamaha S90 ES, with some extra drum sprinkles.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Fuckin' with that AI jawn...where artist styles are like cheap synth and fx presets. Shit is still distorted as all fuck, and you barely ever get any details that make sense on close inspection, but it's getting better with every revision. Nightcafe, Midjourney, Disco Diffusion and Deep Dream Generator all seem quite worth the subscription fees for higher quality too. This is just the free shit, which is perfectly fine for chaos monster chop and shop material:

Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

I love everything you do Mr Smasher. Please make a t-shirt of this
Warpsmasher wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:28 pm Image
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I got into the Dall-E beta recently, and the results are definitely an improvement from the free versions. You get 50 credits to start, then 15 credits a month, but you can buy more if needed. You also can upload a piece of art, and it will generate 3 alternate versions of it, which is a very cool feature.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

"Simon Bisley painting of an orc playing bass guitar with a giant tiger threatening from behind"

Image Image

"close up of a mans face purple skin yellow eyes fat lips bushy eyebrows psychic powers"

Image Image
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i never posted in this thread and have never really had anything worth sharing but i just want to say i think you guys do yourselves and thread lurkers a grave disservice by letting this thread slide into Ai driven mediocrity!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

You know, if you go back just one page, the first post is from seven years ago and half the images on the page are broken.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ok but i'm right

butlerian jihad against this shit starting now
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

no offense :evil:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

are dudes just plugging terms into a program and posting the results?
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

***WARNING: THE ARTWORK GATEKEEPERS HAVE ENTERED THE THREAD***
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

MPD wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:37 pm are dudes just plugging terms into a program and posting the results?
yes
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

what a weird thing to get touchy about.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I love these AI renders, I’d even use one as an album cover but it’s a step too far to post them in a threat about one’s own art
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Hunter wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:05 pm ***WARNING: THE ARTWORK GATEKEEPERS HAVE ENTERED THE THREAD***
IM SORRY
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

YOU MADE ME DO THIS! I HAD NO INTENTION OF POSTING AI ART AGAIN, BUT YOU FORCED MY HAND!!!

"Angry messageboard members posting angrily about ai generated art"

Image Image
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Awesome, knew I couldn't be the only one getting into it. My friends and coworkers are all starting to fuck with it too. Yes it will be the new pinnacle of mediocrity, but mediocrity has never looked so good, or had such power at its disposal. It's like Tuco snorting the infinity stones. There are AI music generators too, which I haven't even been interested enough to look into. The AI Generated Art group on facebook is what roped me in, there is a lot of creativity and amazing material there, and much discussion.

I feel like the logical arguments against it play out pretty quickly, and every point that can be made about it has an easily found and plenty strong enough counterpoint...so now, as an old guy who has spent much of my life being obsessed with, mystified, challenged and frustrated by a bunch of various art styles, and also spent most of my adult years experimenting with all the newest creative softwares (which has always ended up changing me somehow as an artist), this just seems like another train stop on the upgrade journey to me. I'm more interested in the animation and rotoscoping applications myself, but there are loads of other creative barriers it can break. Womboscoping is free, but sideways if you want widescreen, and identifiable in its own weird way a lot of the time. I am on the medium pay level for Deep Dream Generator, which is basically just an effect you pay to use (there is a very limited free level too), it's an AI rotoscopey type thing to splice two pictures together, no prompts, just controls for how much one pic influences and styles the other. It's actually a great artistic tool for use with the artists' input...but so is an image generator. My opinion about not being the one who drew the fucking picture is that it makes you more of an art director and less artist. Much less, mostly not at all...but the pics are drawn for you, to your specifications, following your directions, wouldn't exist without your sayso, and you can do as you please with the ones you like and discard the rest. That's an art director if you're doing anything substantial with the generated material. Most AI stuff has weird errors that need shopped in order to not look fucked up too, so you also have to be an editor if you want that shit fixed. Those errors also have plenty of experimental value that is cool to explore creatively. Guys who program Unreal Engine to render characters a certain way for video games are still called digital artists, and that stuff doesn't look anywhere near as good as AI art can get, and it's never painted or artistic looking either.

All of it is bound to find its way to Adobe software eventually, and music software. I use all the free time on Disco Diffusion every day now, I'm saving up daily free points for some big moves on NightCafe, and am on the wait list for Dall-e 2 with 2 emails. Midjourney seems like one of the best overall packages, probably the one I'll end up going with for a paid generator service. The stuff I saw other people on the server doing during the free trial was amazing quality, amongst the best I've seen, and kvlt, metal, just killer. That churchy angel stuff with amazing lighting and beautiful clouds is generic and samey now in AI scene stuff, simplified down to entering the names of choice select painters and photographers. All those beautiful styles have been assimilated by the borg, so I see it as an inevitability that has just come to pass, as well as something that comes naturally to me to want to explore. It's also going totally mainstream since people can screw off at work and do it on their phones now...and we're all jaded to our favorite shit going mainstream throughout the aeons and ageless centuries already, so this is easy to flow with...
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I just use it to make a bunch of cats
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I also used an amp simulator on the last few things I recorded
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Those felt cat gnomes are pretty incredible!

I'll admit that I got pretty burnt out on the AI memes over the past 9 months, so I understand the backlash. That said, I'm still interested in the prospects of what could be coming. I hadn't even thought about the potential for animation, like Warpsmasher mentioned.

ANYWAY, I sometimes do drawing challenges with a friend - and this one below stems from "make a baseball card of a movie character". I had recently watched Dead Heat, so I went with the big ogre dude who looks like 3 bikers smashed together. I filtered that through the AI to see what would happen, and I'm surprised it was able to even recognize it as humanoid.

Original:

Variations:

(I also use some AI VST to help master music because I trust it more than than my volume damaged ears)
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

In seriousness I have an aversion to AI mastering but I would at least try it.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Ozone suite is very good for getting a "second opinion". The way it lets you pick reference tracks is neat, especially if you take the eq and dynamics as suggestions - you can always tweak stuff after the robot does its job.
Sometimes it's way off but I've gotten some genuinely helpful results from it before.

The "ai mastering upload" sites on the other hand are fucking hilarious, I've never once gotten a usable track from any of those.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7