The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

Damnit. Skyrim keeps crashing at random. I think I'll clean house and try again in the future. I need to stop being distracted by it & play some games I need to get to.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Yeah, I just overclocked my 2500k to 4.2 Ghz. Seems to be running OK if hotter than I like. I got an el cheapo emergency 270x to replace my 560ti when it blew last year and it just isn't quite cutting it anymore. Was gonna wait until AMD dropped their new cards but I might just have to suck it up and get a 970. Need at least 4 GB of VRAM these days it seems.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ha! Steam's paid mods are cancelled. My Skyrim might have failed, but at least this awfulness did as well.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

playing battleblock theater co-op with boo. so much fun and lots of cats. great game.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

The Bill wrote:Ha! Steam's paid mods are cancelled. My Skyrim might have failed, but at least this awfulness did as well.
Can someone tell me why this was received so bad? It seemed like a market for mod devs to sell their works. Is this just fedoras bitching they had to pay for content? I'm stumped because I have a hard time understanding how someone could get upset that the IP owner wants a cut of a mod when almost all of the finished product remains their work, and the part that isn't is dependent entirely on the underlying IP.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Zap Rowsdower wrote: Can someone tell me why this was received so bad? It seemed like a market for mod devs to sell their works. Is this just fedoras bitching they had to pay for content? I'm stumped because I have a hard time understanding how someone could get upset that the IP owner wants a cut of a mod when almost all of the finished product remains their work, and the part that isn't is dependent entirely on the underlying IP.
Valve and Bethesda completely fucked up unveiling it and setting terms. The mod creators would get a paltry 25%, Valve 25% and Bethesda 50% (all determined by Bethesda btw and kind of a joke considering how mods keep an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game alive for years after release). They would also only receive money after the first 100 sales or $100 worth of sales or something weird. Some argued they'd be more open to paid mods if the modders got the lion's share of the sale price. There is also a lack of quality assurance, the most important Bethesda game mods being critical fixes making up for their shitty PC ports, and Bethesda patches frequently break mods. Valve also skirted around the issue of Mod A using content from Mod B and selling it as their own, which happened on the very first day. Some people stole mods from The Nexus and tried to upload them on SteamWorkshop as their own.

Some in favor argued Valve has shown paid mods work with TF2 and DOTA2 but those are all approved by Valve and are mere cosmetic items as opposed to the usual Elder Scrolls variety of mods.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Dragon quest V on my ipad. Shits tight.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I know it's old & I know the old Lithtech engine doesn't get along with Windows XP & newer but real nice flash light & night vision, Blood 2. :lol: :lol: Christ, that is awful. It is nice yet alien to have multiple huge fucking gun (canons) of death. I'm so used to saving the BFG type weapons for special occasions, yet Blood 2 supplies the ammo and the assholes so I need to untrain myself.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I replayed that a few years ago. I'm almost certain I had to play it in software rendering mode because of that dumb engine

that game is silly
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:I replayed that a few years ago. I'm almost certain I had to play it in software rendering mode because of that dumb engine

that game is silly
I had to use a mod plus do all kinds of stuff I found on in a Steam thread, but now I can run it in 1080p using DirectX. Sometimes being in confined spaces murders my fps, but anything outdoors is pretty smooth. My biggest problem is accurate aiming using a controller. It's tougher than NOLF was in this regard, but the huge guns or spray n' pray pretty much nullify accuracy handicaps.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Is it so wrong that I spent an hour (GTAV) setting fire trucks on fire only to watch other fire trucks extinguish them. Then I'd set the new fire trucks on fire. Rinse and repeat.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Bill wrote:Is it so wrong that I spent an hour (GTAV) setting fire trucks on fire only to watch other fire trucks extinguish them. Then I'd set the new fire trucks on fire. Rinse and repeat.
I blocked off an intersection by spawning in a bunch of logging trucks and watched the trapped cars do an impromptu demolition derby trying to escape

this is a pretty good game
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

aside from the graphical performance, how different is gta on pc from console?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:aside from the graphical performance, how different is gta on pc from console?
Could be my imagination, but it seems like there's even more "life" in the city and more varieties of cars & character models.

That single player load time is faster as well.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Bill wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:aside from the graphical performance, how different is gta on pc from console?
Could be my imagination, but it seems like there's even more "life" in the city and more varieties of cars & character models.

it's not your imagination, the pc version has more people and animals (that you can turn down if your cpu can't handle it)

that and graphics are the only things separating it from the ps4/xbo versions. y'know, and mods.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

copstache wrote:
The Bill wrote:

it's not your imagination, the pc version has more people and animals (that you can turn down if your cpu can't handle it)

that and graphics are the only things separating it from the ps4/xbo versions. y'know, and mods.
That and a pretty nifty video editor. Let's not compare it to the PS360 versions though, because that's night and day stuff.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Zap Rowsdower wrote: Can someone tell me why this was received so bad? It seemed like a market for mod devs to sell their works. Is this just fedoras bitching they had to pay for content? I'm stumped because I have a hard time understanding how someone could get upset that the IP owner wants a cut of a mod when almost all of the finished product remains their work, and the part that isn't is dependent entirely on the underlying IP.
Valve and Bethesda completely fucked up unveiling it and setting terms. The mod creators would get a paltry 25%, Valve 25% and Bethesda 50% (all determined by Bethesda btw and kind of a joke considering how mods keep an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game alive for years after release). They would also only receive money after the first 100 sales or $100 worth of sales or something weird. Some argued they'd be more open to paid mods if the modders got the lion's share of the sale price. There is also a lack of quality assurance, the most important Bethesda game mods being critical fixes making up for their shitty PC ports, and Bethesda patches frequently break mods. Valve also skirted around the issue of Mod A using content from Mod B and selling it as their own, which happened on the very first day. Some people stole mods from The Nexus and tried to upload them on SteamWorkshop as their own.

Some in favor argued Valve has shown paid mods work with TF2 and DOTA2 but those are all approved by Valve and are mere cosmetic items as opposed to the usual Elder Scrolls variety of mods.
Still don't get it, but I've learned not to look to deep into the internet's focus of pointless rage.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:
The Bill wrote:

:cry: I kicked at least 3 little doggies.

Also, on PS4 I could stand around in the streets without incident. On PC assholes will run you over more often. Lousy California drivers.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

http://youtu.be/9hDPmTvqob0

Inevitable Mad Max snob gripe - Max had a son not a daughter.

edit: What am I doing wrong with the link? Bugger it - just click on it.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I was going to mention it reminding me of Batman, but it's really more Mordor meets RAGE.

Do get the PS4 so I know it will run with no hassle or PC in hopes the frame and resolution will be better?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I thought the same Bill - Though on the bridge and the base fighting it reminds me of a 70's Kung Fu movie where the guys hang back to attack til its a one on one - still, good times.

I would like to know what sort of rights to the character they have.

I am a little post-Apocalypse'd out - How cool would a multi player mode called "The Bronze" be if you had a few Bronze (the cops) and a couple of Nightriders - using these cars -

PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So, no one told me that Star Wars: Tie-Fighter had working "out of the box" controller support.

Oh my, oh my.

:mastoman:
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

If Mad Max is anywhere near as good as Mordor (and has the Nemesis System), then it's a fuckin' shoo-in for my GOTY of whatever year it comes out.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Witcher 2 is kind of clunky. Plus, game glitch because it won't let me pass the tutorial. It keeps telling me to use attributes to level up and I did, but the pop up won't go away & I can't continue.

Also, my PS4 controller is broken.

Grass Green!!!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

...and Tie Fighter keeps crashing.

Joy be with us all.