The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

:awesome:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

0:41 - 0:46 :lol:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Saw that earlier. It made chuckle aloud, which is a rare feat.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

just found the dog park!
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

They really need to just announce a release date for this crap already. Watching people beat up dinosaurs in their mechs on twitch is making me... twitchy :mastoman:
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

What is THAT?
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Xenoblade Chronicles X. Just came out in Japan this week. 200 hour open world RPG with mechs, should make it out by the end of the year.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

:?

Looks really cool, but most of those JRPGs get hella bogged down with goofball overly theatrical stuff that is sort of embarrassing to sit through.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

I don't get the impression it's one of those FF style overly theatrical games from watching people playing it on Twitch at all. That said, I'm in spoiler avoidance mode so YMMV.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Steam sale = Saints Row games.

We can add Saints Row 2 to list of games that SweetFX does a damn good job on.

Finally got through that Witcher 2 tutorial. Radial wheel is not good at all & I tried two different 360 controllers. Game looks great after the tutorial, which I thought looked awful.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

the awesome Assassin wrote:Mitch Jr's birthday... Got him Mario Party 10 for the WiiU...
I think it sucks, but he loves it...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Friday Video Game & Beer Fun Day Night is back once again, as it seems to do at the end of every week. My last one was a disaster of modding, and I think I've wasted too many Fridays this year like that. Time to just enjoy these technological marvels of the small screen. Blood 2 vs. The Witcher 2 vs GTA V. These are the three games I'm currently playing, which is always a disaster. I'm best suited at only playing one game at a time despite my super multitasking abilities. You know, women are always telling me I have amazing multitasking abilities especially for a man. Fuck is that? Is that a thing? Women saying dudes can't do two things at once? Just jealous I don't need to wear a diaper or bottle cork my crotch once a month. ANYWAY. What I really don't like is drinking while I start a game then switching that game for a new one. I like to stick with it, and let the bame and the booze be one. Be one with The Bill. I'm probably slightly past the middle of Blood 2, in terms of progress. Witcher 2 and GTA V? I've played the equivalent of saying "hi" when both games answered the front door. I have played GTA V in the past. Played it a lot. Hmm? Those cheats mods, most importantly, that money cheat mod makes my life a lot easier and more fun if I'm going to re-step back into GTA for the first time once again. Witcher's controls are NOT Bloodborne's, and it's painfully apparent at this time. I'm thinking GTA V is the best bet. Blood 2 is more enjoyable in bit sized chucks, not as a Greek Easter Feast.

Thank you and goodnight.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Latest GTA V patch tried to stop the mods. Oh, no no no. I did a work around and gave myself 2 Quattuordecillion dollars to mock and spite Rockstar. Went shopping on the game's internet and bought myself some cars. First Person is so good and the PC graphics are so nice. Wonderful game.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood pre-downloaded on Steam. Fuck yeah.

Gave the Half-Life 2: Update a try. Hmm? 10 years old and the game is looking pretty good. The Update kind of touches up the paint, doesn't re-paint the house. But, it looks great. And what's this? Half-Life 2 (PC) finally has native 360 controller support? Outstanding.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood pre-downloaded on Steam. Fuck yeah.
That might be just what the doctor ordered to tide me over until TW3's coming out. I'm a little burned out on Bloodborne at the moment - just got a few more chalice dungeon bosses to go really, but I'm well over 100 hours in and I've played nothing else in a month.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood pre-downloaded on Steam. Fuck yeah.
That might be just what the doctor ordered to tide me over until TW3's coming out. I'm a little burned out on Bloodborne at the moment - just got a few more chalice dungeon bosses to go really, but I'm well over 100 hours in and I've played nothing else in a month.

When they censor out the Nazis in your version of these games, what do they replace them with? Are they just "The Enemy" or something generic. Are they Greeks looking to bankrupt Europe? An evil Mega Corporation like Kimberly Clark? "We must stop these Huggies diapers, no matter the cost."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: When they censor out the Nazis in your version of these games, what do they replace them with? Are they just "The Enemy" or something generic. Are they Greeks looking to bankrupt Europe? An evil Mega Corporation like Kimberly Clark? "We must stop these Huggies diapers, no matter the cost."
I didn't get the censored version. I bought a PS4 specifically so I could import the regular version of Wolfenstein (and because I knew I'd get one eventually anyway, obviously), and a few weeks after release, Steam came to their senses and made the regular version available in Switzerland as well. It's only in Germany that the laws are that strict. I think they just changed them to some generic group of evil people that conquered the world at no particular point in time and replaced all the Nazi insignia.

Incidentally, it looks like this prequel isn't going to be on the PSN store for Switzerland, I guess I'll have to get it on Steam, but I'll have to double check that it's not mangled first. Sigh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

So, I've been sitting on Batman Arkham Origins for a while because it's the B Batman game. It's pretty good but the timing based counter stuff is fucking weird. As in, if somebody's jumping at me through the air with their weapon over their head I'm just gonna punch 'em in the dick or if they do a spinny attack I'm gonna kneecap them but apparently that's too damn early to do that. So now I have to sit here and block your shit for 10 minutes or something. WTF.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm the odd duck in the room that liked Origins more than City.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Rev. Christberg wrote:I don't get the impression it's one of those FF style overly theatrical games from watching people playing it on Twitch at all. That said, I'm in spoiler avoidance mode so YMMV.
The original is definitely a pinnacle JRPG - playable and lovable even to those who only care for the very best of the genre. The precognitive combat system was fucking genius and the world-exploring felt on-par with the Western offerings of the time.

The initial setup of the story and universe was quite brilliant, as well - but as the game went on I definitely felt the 'what the fuck is this anime shit' jprg pains. Just serious fumbling with the story, it was quite sad; just stopped making sense, had the affectation of cinematic tension without any coherent plotting to make it matter.

That was the game's only detriment, really - and even given that, it's no worse than any of the Final Fantasy games. As far as JRPGs go, I would only put Chrono Trigger, FF4, DQ9 and The Last Story ahead of Xenoblade.

I can't imagine that this sequel will stray far from that; I'm not talking shit, I plan on playing the thing and I'm excited for it. The joy of the original was the open-ness of the world, and it seems as though they're taking full advantage of high-density optical media to expand that as much as possible - I do expect nonsense-opera, though.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Also since I don't post here often, just filling everyone in - I have an HDTV now. I'm playing Xbox 360 games and I can read the text.

I think Geoff and I were the last CRT holdouts? Abdominalpilliaging has gone full-bore retropsychosis PVM but I'm sure he's had a 50-foot 400000p tv the whole time anyway.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

The thing that sticks out about Xenoblade that leads me to believe that it's not an overly cinematic chore is A: The fact that the world's so huge that you need transforming flying + vehicle mechs to get around and B: the fact that it's got optional online coop stuff and the main character is a customizable avatar.

I'm not making any claims that the story won't get Engrished up in spots. That said, videogames aren't exactly a storyteller's genre for the most part anyway.

It'll probably be the best JRPG released this generation if I had to guess. FFXV isn't as ambitious features wise.

Getting back to Batman, I'm a guy that digs Asylum more than City. It's got that silly action figure feel and isn't trying to be all grimdark. Plus it's just got a much more simple, focused design which really helps mask the silly objectives and map layout.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm out of the PC graphics loop. In Wolfenstein: The New Blood, if I turn on the CUDA option in advanced settings then the game runs like ass and crashes. I have no idea what this does, but being that my card is one of the newer nVidia cards I can't imagine I don't support it. Turning it off makes everything run smooth on Ultra, minus some anti-aliasing stuff, which never makes a visual difference when I turn them all on. I'm confused about that as well. It seems like a lot of the modern PC games have two to three anti-aliasing things I can turn on. Don't I just need one to smooth the jaggies? It's a scam, I say, in order to buy a new graphics card.

Anyhow, I didn't really get to play New Blood, since I had to go to work. Was just trying to figure out what was crashing the game.

Last night, it was time for more Blood 2: The Chosen. As I delve deeper into the game two things emerge. First, I'm amazed at myself for remembering all the levels as I advance. I haven't played these levels for 15 years. I kept saying to myself, "oh, yeah, this was that annoying level where I get lost." It's probably not a good thing I kept saying and remembering that, but I'm amazed I do. Second, as I go it's becoming clear that while I may label the game a "cult classic" it's no classic. You can tell there's shit in the game that got cut or wasn't realized fully. Funny how my brain tricked me into thinking it was a much more glorious bloodbath. Cut-scenes are embarrassingly primitive, even for the year it was released, and turning off the game crashes it :shock: .

Wait a second. Bloodborne, The New Blood, Blood 2... BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD. What am I doing with my life, reading Rob Leifeld 90's Image comics? The Fuck?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Aw man, you guys just reminded me I never finished FFXIII, but now I no wanna.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Somebody's PC needs a pad 'cuz his games are on the raahaaaagggg
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Oh, and in other news, NVidia 970/980s now come with copies of Witcher 3 AND Batman Arkham Knight, so... yeah. I know where my spare dollars are going this month.