Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

Foot Foot wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:34 am
cxwx wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:53 pm
THE KILL wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:29 am Killbots/ Chopping Mall - 6/10
Eh, it was alright. I expected more gore, to be honest
The only reason to watch that movie is the laser head shot. Angus Scrimm is actually one of the audience members in the beginning but his back is turned the whole time and you can’t tell it’s him.
also in the crowd are the Blands from Eating Raoul

I wish there was a movie that stared these two and also Fred Melamed and Leslie Easterbrook
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:17 pm
I think you mean Phantasm.

You might have spotted Mary Woronov from a million other B movies and Suicidal Tendencies “Institutionalized” video.
:fp: you're right, of course...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 10
Capturing the Killer Nurse - 7.5
The Worst Crime - 8
Aliens - 10

Modern Times - 10
Ghostbusters: Afterlife - 7

Gold Rush (1925) - 10
The General (1926) - 9
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

This was great
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

The ten - 9/10. Hadn't seen this since it came out when I thought it was just OK. Boy was I wrong. Members of the state forever! Ross, I know you liked they came together have you seen this one?
formerly ghost boner
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Millennium After the Millennium - 7.5
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I and my loved ones request that you respect our privacy during this difficult time
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Like a Rolling Stone: The Life and Times of Ben Fong-Torres - 8.5
God's Country - 4
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

Black Adam - 0
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Your Christmas or Mine? 0/10. If I have to suffer this kind of nonsense at least give me a hot chick to ogle. Where’d all the hot chicks in movies go?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Foot Foot wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:33 am Black Adam - 0
:lol: at this point i'll see maybe one in every five or six marvel things but the major dc failures have a certain je ne sais quoi that makes them destination slop
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:53 am
:lol: at this point i'll see maybe one in every five or six marvel things but the major dc failures have a certain je ne sais quoi that makes them destination slop
i did get a brief shock of giddyness went it went full Spawn toward the end there, but otherwise fucking yeesh.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Highlander ('86) - 8/10 - I'm sure it's the nostalgia talking, but this flick held up pretty well! Sure, Sean Connery plays a Spaniard with a heavy Scottish accent, but he's immortal, so he probably just lived there too long or something.

Bullet Train ('22) - 5.5/10 - Generically quirky and violent.

The Caller ('87) - 7.5/10 - Second time watching this - and for a microbudget 2 person cast, it's great.

Gremlins ('84) - 7/10 - Haven't seen this in decades, and also holds up ok. I need to listen to Joe Dante talk about making this, because it's a little too brutal for kids, but seems like the target audience.

Dog Soldiers ('02) - 5.5/10 - This did not hold up well for me. Thought it was pretty great about 20 years ago - but now it feels like a dated mess.

Christmas Bloody Christmas ('22) - 2/10 - I usually like Joe Begos movies and set low expectations for a schlocky horror flick, but holy fuck does the dialog make this an almost unbearable watch. I nearly shut it off, but held out in hopes of seeing everyone die. I regret that decision. I gave it 5 points for some good practical effects and a Steve Moore score, bringing the total up to 2.

The Taking of Pelham 123 ('74) - 8.5/10 - An all timer, IMO. I forgot how funny this was.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Foot Foot wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:57 am
FVBTVS wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:53 am
i did get a brief shock of giddyness went it went full Spawn toward the end there, but otherwise fucking yeesh.

Does it really? I rewatched Spawn earlier this year. Horrendous! I can’t imagine that kind of product post Iron-Man. I mean, not even the bad supes movie like Fantastic Four or Venom are that shit in a blender level of a mess.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah it descends into this super weird territory where the main villain becomes a lieutenant or general of the dc universes conception of Hell ? and the whole thing is set in a fictional arab city so it reads like black adam as an arab christian folk hero who must destroy Evil and The Devil and is also effectively as powerful or more than superman

the bad guy has massive goat horns and a pentagram(?) on his chest?!

its insane and retarded, watch it
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Geoff Johns
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:44 pm yeah it descends into this super weird territory where the main villain becomes a lieutenant or general of the dc universes conception of Hell ? and the whole thing is set in a fictional arab city so it reads like black adam as an arab christian folk hero who must destroy Evil and The Devil and is also effectively as powerful or more than superman

the bad guy has massive goat horns and a pentagram(?) on his chest?!

its insane and retarded, watch it
Sold!
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Here's another ringing endorsement of Black Adam: I watched it this past weekend, came here, saw multiple posts talking about it, and still somehow forgot to include it in my list of movies I've watched recently (re: previous month or so).

Black Adam ('22) - 3/10 - Reading FVBVTVS' recap of events made me confused just now, but then when he mentioned the bad guy with horns and pentagram'd chest, I was able to recall it. I mostly remember a lot of long shots on the Rock's face. I think this is the favored candidate for 2022's "highest percentage of slow-mo footage in a movie" award.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Black Adam 4/10. What a mess. Still not as bad as Spawn or the Phantom or what have you. It’s a bad film, though. It’s a sloppy film, and it’s corny sometimes. I did enjoy some of the humor, but I feel the Rock wasn’t very the Rock, here. He’s looking old, too. I also enjoyed the super powered fights, but what the fuck was with the completely unexplained zombie demon army at the end? This would be very fitting if it was The Rock’s final film, as he’s come full circle back to the Scorpion King.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Hunter wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Gremlins ('84) - 7/10 - Haven't seen this in decades, and also holds up ok. I need to listen to Joe Dante talk about making this, because it's a little too brutal for kids, but seems like the target audience.
That's what I really like about the film. Nowadays, it feels like there's little to no adult stuff in kids films, but things used to be different.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:04 pm
Hunter wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:47 pm
That's what I really like about the film. Nowadays, it feels like there's little to no adult stuff in kids films, but things used to be different.
It was definitely a different time! The movie's dark as fuck and gory. The story about the girl's dad being found dead in a chimney seemed like a bit much... and the gory deaths plus the (Gizmo) body horror - it's wild that this was a huge sensation. It was Gremlins-mania that year. I personally wouldn't have a problem with an 8 year old seeing it, but I have a feeling my wife would. Also, I can't believe that it's approaching 40 years old. It's A Wonderful Life seemed old as fuck when I was a kid, but that's the equivalent, time wise, to watching Gremlins in 2022.

Another funny thing about that movie: A young Mike Ehrmantrout (Johnathan Banks) is the police deputy. I like to think that Gremlins takes place in the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Haha, Breaking Bad seems much too dark and tragic to me to be compatible with Gremlins... head canons are funny things! Looking forward to watching Gremlins again and watching out for Jonathan Banks, it's a decade since I last watched it. It used to be a bit of a mythical film when I was a kid, my mum wouldn't let me watch it because of that one microwave scene. Then I must have forgotten about the film and only remembered ten years ago. I'm having a blast watching all the wonderful stuff from the 70s and 80s with the amazing VHS covers I never got to watch as a kid because age restrictions were taken rather seriously in 80s Germany...
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Righteous - 8
Troll (2022) - 5.5
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Christmas bloody Christmas - 7.5/10. I hear ya with the annoying dialog. I hate when they make the characters talk about music and movies usually but at least it was cool music this time. See: not about the clash in eternal sunshine and stranger things. Still, it was pushing it but made up for it after that first act to me
formerly ghost boner
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »