The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Wang Mandu »

abdominalpillaging wrote:Next will be one of those 2560x1440 gsync monitors. Can't wait for it.
Oh man I want one of those so bad. Everyone raves about how smooth it is. Just waiting for the right one to hit the market.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Rev. Christberg wrote:Got my 970 last night. Batman is like a totally different game running this fast. It's almost too responsive but it makes the game so much more enjoyable. Makes me curious if a solid 60 FPS would fix Shadow of Mordor or not.
I re-purchased all my old 360 games on the PC when I got my new PC in February. Same games but like a thousand times better. As for Mordor, I beat the PS4 version and loved it, but the world seemed very barren. Haven't played I yet, by word is on Ultra settings the PC world is way more vivid.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

So what do yous goys think my first proper "next gen" game on PC should be? We're talking something that has only proper new tech shit and none of that legacy stuff. Think that last Call of Doody, Assassin's Creed but far less crummy to play. I have Dead Rising 3 but I'm pretty sure it doesn't count, not that it isn't nice to be able to actually play the thing for a change.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

No sure exactly what you're getting at but GTAV is an answer.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Rev. Christberg wrote:So what do yous goys think my first proper "next gen" game on PC should be? We're talking something that has only proper new tech shit and none of that legacy stuff. Think that last Call of Doody, Assassin's Creed but far less crummy to play. I have Dead Rising 3 but I'm pretty sure it doesn't count, not that it isn't nice to be able to actually play the thing for a change.
Mine was Far Cry 4. It looks insanely good on PC.
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

abdominalpillaging wrote:
Rev. Christberg wrote:So what do yous goys think my first proper "next gen" game on PC should be? We're talking something that has only proper new tech shit and none of that legacy stuff. Think that last Call of Doody, Assassin's Creed but far less crummy to play. I have Dead Rising 3 but I'm pretty sure it doesn't count, not that it isn't nice to be able to actually play the thing for a change.
Mine was Far Cry 4. It looks insanely good on PC.
Yeah, it's crazy good looking. I need to look into infinity and ponder a time to finally play it.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Just a quick shot I took of my 970's in sli.

Sexy stuff.
i like to dissect women
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:tup:

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I had a coupon to buy a game from EA's Origin service. And that was it, the final straw that broke me down. Broke me down and I gave in. Bought the Mass Effect trilogy. Have 1 & 3 up and running with controller support. Mod for 2 says I should import or create my character first, so I'll wait till I finish and import the ME1 guy over. Won't be doing any texture modding as it increases load times a minimum of 5 minutes. Okay, Mass Bloodborne, I don't think so. SweetFX/ENB is going to be the ticket here. Mass Effect 1 PC smokes the 360 version graphically. Damn!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Mass Effect 1 PC smokes the 360 version graphically. Damn!
Don't be givin' me no ideas, mang.

Controller support still requires modding, though, right? And it's still impossible for ME3?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:

Controller support still requires modding, though, right? And it's still impossible for ME3?
Mass Effect 1:

The mouse is still needed for the tactical HUD and weapon upgrading.

Download the configuration files: http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files ... r-support/

Extract to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Config\

Plug in your controller and launch Mass Effect. The controller should now work.

Mass Effect 3:

http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/me3-c ... t1838.html

I was using another ME3 controller mod that worked well, but this one I just pasted here seems better. Will try tonight.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:
spacehamster wrote:

Mass Effect 1:

The mouse is still needed for the tactical HUD and weapon upgrading.

Download the configuration files: http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files ... r-support/

Extract to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Config\

Plug in your controller and launch Mass Effect. The controller should now work.

Mass Effect 3:

http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/me3-c ... t1838.html

I was using another ME3 controller mod that worked well, but this one I just pasted here seems better. Will try tonight.
Thanks. Maybe I'll try that, but then again I think I've played like 500 hours of these fucking games...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Looks like I spoke too soon about that Mass Effect 1 mod. It didn't work as promised. I uninstalled it and tried Pinnacle. Nothing! Origin must be blocking it. Tried the mod again and now even less features work. No idea what's happening. I think I'll bite the bullet and key board & mouse it. My back might take a beating for a month, but I really want to replay this, damn you!
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

dominichorton wrote:downloaded Axiom Verge for PS4. really glad someone made this game and hope there will be sequels.
beat it the other day. great stuff.

ps4 has a wealth of fantastic indies right now
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

For those Skyrim players on the PC, if you have any intention of going back to that game, do yourself a favor and dl the mod Interesting NPCs if you haven't done so already:

http://3dnpc.com/

The mod adds hundreds of NPCs, dozens of followers, and 50 some-odd quests, including 2 lengthy main quests. And I can't speak highly enough about any of them. Everything is lore friendly and blends seamlessly into the base game, but everything about this mod surpasses vanilla Skyrim.

The mod file is huge, because most of it is voice files. Most NPCs have a lot to say, and the voice acting is of such quality it's hard to believe it's just a bunch of amateurs reading the lines. Some followers are considered "super followers" in that they will comment on location, opponents in combat, vanilla quests, and so on.

But where this mod really shines is the quests. I did most of them and they are so well written they put the bulk of Bethesda'a quests to shame. Most are fairly short, some are in 2, 3 or 4 parts, and the two main quests will require several hours to complete each (assuming you don't blast through them). Some are humorous (impersonating a member of a theater troupe had me lolling in the aisles), some are feel-good heroic-type quests, and some are emotional gut-punches (one moved me to actual tears, while the ending of one of the main quests stuck with me for several days afterward).

Most of the mod is geared toward good or neutral players, though there are some darker corners to appeal to the villains. It is meant to be played alongside the vanilla game, with the new content discovered via extensive exploration. But if you've been there, done that, the official site posted above contains a wiki showing where to find the NPCs, how to start the quests, and the requirements for each.

One minor spoiler:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
If you find yourself playing a quest called "Pit Dogs," you will be presented with an option to pursue the bad guy or rescue the girl. You should rescue the girl. Otherwise, one of the main quests (arguably the best of the bunch) will not be offered. Ever.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I had that, amongst many others. Never got to any of it. Crash Crash Crash. I'll give it try again some day.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

It's still something of a WIP, with the occasional tweak or added content. Maybe the latest version will behave (or play nicely with others)?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I wish I could say it was that mod, but I doubt it. Next time I need to be more barebones about what I add. Less graphical goodness, especially outdoors.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Tonight I'm going to actually move furniture a bit in hopes of creating a comfortable m/kb set-up. Things like TV tables have failed me in the past. If this works then I can play my old FPSers with out Pinnacle. I can play Dark Forces 2 or Call of Cthulu finally. Undying & NOLF 2 will surly be a less stressful experience. Some games like Unreal & Painkiller I'll use the controller for.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

maybe be careful with your GTA V mods for a while

http://gtaforums.com/topic/794383-malwa ... oclip-mod/
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Holy shitballz, GTA V PC physical version ships on 7 DVDs instead of a Blu-Ray. :drool:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Rev. Christberg wrote:Holy shitballz, GTA V PC physical version ships on 7 DVDs instead of a Blu-Ray. :drool:
I just realized I cut a corner on my PC & didn't get a Blu-Ray player. I have the PS3 & 4, so I don't need one really, but I better double check if I ever get a physical PC disk.

I moved my big glass table. I have to walk across my couch to sit in it, but this might be a winner for kb/m.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

http://psyonix.com/BC2/Invite/RocketLea ... ditInstant

Beta sign-up for Rocket League of you have a PS4. This game is a lot of fun. It's like a soccer game played with cars. I've been playing a bit lately and they relaunched the beta with more features.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Capcom sale on Steam, so I got USFIV. I already had the 360 version, but I don't really use the 360 anymore and the fight stick works just fine with the PC. Game holds up 100%.

I also got Dark Void for like twodallah, and I'll probably never even install it.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

bionic commando: rearmed for $2, also because i don't want to hook up the 360.

soundtrack still rules
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.