The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Already found stuff I missed.
Like what? Aside from maybe the moon mission and the DLC with the Batarians, I don't remember there being much of anything worth doing outside of the main story. That was always my problem with ME1 - the story is by far the best of the trilogy, but it's like the game keeps throwing these boring copypasta side quests at you and saying, no, you can't have your dessert before you finish your vegetables.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

That's the exact reason I never finished the game. That and I got stuck on one of those inexcusable vehicle missions.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:Already found stuff I missed.
Like what? Aside from maybe the moon mission and the DLC with the Batarians, I don't remember there being much of anything worth doing outside of the main story. That was always my problem with ME1 - the story is by far the best of the trilogy, but it's like the game keeps throwing these boring copypasta side quests at you and saying, no, you can't have your dessert before you finish your vegetables.
For whatever reason I could never hack locked doors on the 360 version. So, imagine my glee at finding people hiding in the bunkers on Eden Prime. Then imagine my double glee at knocking the hysterical dude the fuck out. Also, dialogue choices that had me point my gun at people. Best of all, being a dick to Ashley finally because I'm not looking to bang her.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

ive even payed for ghosts dlc :fp:
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

:tup2: the Favela and Scrapyard remakes were worth it for me. What platform do you play on?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don't know if it's because Carmack left, because Bethsidea stepped in, or because Brutal DOOM, but I'm so glad they scrapped the original DOOM 4 stuff. Those screens shoots look terrible. Call of DOOMy.

RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

Ghost Dad wrote::tup2: the Favela and Scrapyard remakes were worth it for me. What platform do you play on?
ps4
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Wormholegenerator wrote:Image
Just picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4 this week. Great game.
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh, a nice new mouse makes a world of difference. Got that there Logitech G602. Nice stuff. I have their Illuminating keyboard coming to me soon.

Gel pad thing in front of mouse pad doesn't seem to really do anything. Maybe the long term is good for carpel tunnel, but it offers no increase in comfort. Biggest problem is trying to not hunch over still. Don't want an old man hunchback just because I wanted to sex a blue alien in a video game.

SweetFX and Vampire: Bloodlines is a great match. Vast improvement. Who figured adding some color into the world would make games not look like washed out brown and grey crap, most video games from the mid-2K? Christ, it was like programers made some sort of union deal. "Okay, we'll stop filling all the levels with crates, but it's going to cost you some color."

Clive Barker's Undying still chills the bones after all these years. Of course, that kind of goes away once you get the Scythe of Celts and just fuck fools up. Unfortunately, the tech is getting too old now. Blurry textures are more noticeable than ever, and the sky box is a disaster from time to time. I can see the corners, dudes. The sky literally has corners.

Man, Wrex looks fantastic on the ME1 PC version, and I'm not using any custom textures. I actually cant use the textures. I would have to patch the .exe and the patcher isn't compatible with Win 8.1.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Before you get a new keyboard, make sure that you can hold over 3 keys at a time. That was a deal breaker on my old keyboard and I just got this fucking crazy thing to relieve it:

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboar ... g-keyboard
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

My new keyboard will glow in the dark like a spooky ghost.

A very scary spooky ghost!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Any thoughts on Windows 10 around here? I'd like to see this fancy pants DirectX12 in action, but I fully dread this upgrade in general. Just recently the work Mac upgraded from Maverick to Yosemite, and it's been a disaster. Computer acts like it's 10 years old now. And that's bear trap closed system Apple I'm talking about. I can only imagine the potential shit show Microsoft is boiling up. Obviously, I will not be doing this day one. Just sort of curious if anyone here keeps up on these things or some how has first hand Windows 10 experiences.

Glowing button keyboard arrived. Now I've upgraded my PC operation. Sorry, PS4 and XB1, time for you to take a long nap until one of you can show me something. Or I randomly want to play Halo. In fact, isn't Halo 5 the next quality exclusive either of those machines have? Xbox One wins?? :shock:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm staying on Windows 7 until they put a gun to my head. I'm still amazed that there's a Windows that actually sorta works, and I don't trust them to pull that one off again for a good 20 years.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Bill wrote: Or I randomly want to play Halo. In fact, isn't Halo 5 the next quality exclusive either of those machines have? Xbox One wins?? :shock:
when fallout 4 comes out in OCTOBER
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:
The Bill wrote: Or I randomly want to play Halo. In fact, isn't Halo 5 the next quality exclusive either of those machines have? Xbox One wins?? :shock:
I'm talking console exclusive. Fallout 4 is probably going to be a PC purchase. Mods, baby! Mods!
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

FVBTVS wrote:
I would bet actual money that it's not out before 2016

I don't think bethesda's released a game with less than a year's lead up and promotion in over a decade(plus)
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:cry:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

:x
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Good god and I thought the tank (Mako?) in ME1 was bad on the 360 version. Oof!!

Got to deck the reporter this time around.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

personally i say shovel knight
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

dominichorton wrote:I can either download Shovel Knight or Hotline Miami 2. Which should I pick?
Both are great. I would say download Shovel Knight if you already have/played Hotline Miami 1. Part 2 is more of the same, but it's still a great great. If you haven't played Hotline Miami before I would say get that.
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Much fatigue flows through my blood since Saturday, but I think I can force myself to get cracking on Undying tonight. Based on memory I'm at the last chapter. So, unless I get totally confused I should finish tonight.

I want to play a FPS that I've attempted yet never beat after that. Ah, yes, the girl-friend years. Where I gave up games sort of in favor of sleeping over my future wife's house and having dirty sex. I don't regret this choice. NOLF2, Painkiller Black, Chrome, Red Faction, and Chaser are the main ones that come to mind.