The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote: NOLF2, Painkiller Black, Chrome, Red Faction, and Chaser are the main ones that come to mind.
I decided to let a semi-attractive yet semi-neurotic girl at my job pick the next game. I presented her with my hand. Using my right hand, the corresponding game written here on the Reee became assigned to each finger. So, No One lives Forever 2 was my thumb, and Chaser my pinkie. She was highly dubious of me, as I didn't tell her what she was picking. Nor did I after. She picked the middle finger. Did she pick it because of the notorious "F U" it has come to be associated with, or because it was closest to her body? The world may never know. Chrome. She picked Chrome. Doesn't Chrome really fucking suck? Why'd I buy that shit off Steam for? I remember I could not get it to run right on XP. How's this shit going to go down on Windows 8.1. What did that conniving little bitch do? I'll kill her.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Any of you gays watch stuff on that Twitch app...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Nah, man. My six year old son watches Minecraft shit on YouTube but personally can't watch other people play or I get very bored.

I abandoned Chrome because it's tone & theme are too close to Mass Effect. I need more contrast if I'm playing two games at once. Started Painkiller and already got further than the first time I attempted it. It's no DOOM but it's probably better than Serious Sam.

I got a bit impatient with Mass Effect 1 being that I've done most of this shit before on the 360, so I cheated and upped my XP some so I don't have to do every little Mako driving side mission. Still not comfortable with the Adept as I have solider burnt into my gaming muscle memory.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Still not comfortable with the Adept as I have solider burnt into my gaming muscle memory.
Just pause and cycle through your abilities. Since they all have separate cooldowns, it's really easy to spam.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:Still not comfortable with the Adept as I have solider burnt into my gaming muscle memory.
Just pause and cycle through your abilities. Since they all have separate cooldowns, it's really easy to spam.
I'm like a spastic modern artist, just throwing biotics against the enemy canvas. Just pressing number keys 1 through 6. Was that Singularity or lift I just hit? I DONT KNOW!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh fuck yeah.
oday, IGN First officially announces that the game 2K hinted at is in fact Firaxis Games’ XCOM 2, a full sequel to 2012’s critically acclaimed XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a continuation of the now 20-year-old legendary turn-based tactical squad combat series, which will be available exclusively on PC this November. Watch the debut trailer above for a glimpse into a future where the aliens are in control of the Earth, and XCOM has gone underground to fight to overthrow their Advent government. This new guerrilla force will face more powerful enemies in unpredictable combat scenarios as they fight to turn the tables on a technologically superior enemy.

Over the next month IGN will reveal huge details about XCOM 2, uncovered during our visit to Firaxis’ Maryland studio. Tomorrow you’ll get an in-depth overview and interview with Creative Director Jake Solomon that’ll highlight the major new features, including new soldier classes, new aliens, stealth-infused tactics, procedurally generated maps, and more. Following that, we’ll have a Rewind Theater examination of all the details in today’s trailer reveal with Solomon and Lead Producer Garth DeAngelis.

And, later this week we’ll go in-depth with Solomon and DeAngelis on the reasons behind the bold move to take XCOM from a multiplatform series to a PC exclusive, and how XCOM 2 will be tailored to take advantage of that single platform’s strengths – followed by Firaxis’ exciting plans to support modders and their work.

You might notice a lack of gameplay video, but fear not: in two weeks, we’ll debut the first in-game footage of XCOM 2 on our IGN E3 Live Show.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Why did I buy this RE remake without realizing that it's just the GameCube version with better graphics....
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Painkiller's anthology approach to level design makes for a real hit and miss experience. Some levels are great, while others just utterly boring and tedious. It seems when it strays from it's horror theme is when it gets in trouble. The real kicker is that after the first super boss fight it made me realize how often I need to attack a large boss's ass in games lately. Bloodborne and Dark Souls are filled with me bun bashing large things. Staring up between this colossus's legs and shooting it in the rectum just really brought it all home for me. I've become a real master of the butt blaster, and I'm not keen on that. The Prince of Proctological Protagonists. The Reigning Rim Robber Baron. Come on, man. How about we program something where we can fight huge things with out a backside barrage (or turret section). Circle strafing while shooting a sonovabitch in the face is more appealing.

Also this:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

:D

This better not be more cock teasing.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Dark Souls 3 rumor mill is officially launched.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/2/8707135 ... nced-at-e3
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Awaiting Milkmandan's review of Hatred.

I hope Dark Souls 3 includes %38 less ass stabbing.

I hope Fallout 4 includes %75 less NPCs just staring directly into my face while talking to me.

I hope DOOM 4 includes %100 real DOOM.

Some asshole on another site is claiming that Elder Scrolls Online has been patched and tweaked from whatever it was released as, and has turned into one of the best games ever.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

people are digging into that Fallout shit and finding info that indicates it might be cross-generation

because that's what a bethesda game needs, to be hamstrung by being crammed onto a system that came out 10 years ago
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i can't wait for it to set the new standard in broken-ass games
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

cant i just have one minute to enjoy this please
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Dark Souls 3 could be "just more dark souls" and I would be amazingly satisfied still.
I'm sure the core mechanics are only going to be changed minimally, and that's fine with me. I really hope they scale back the size and the item clutter a bit, though, and focus more on actually fleshing out each locale properly and having whatever range of weapons and equipment there is actually mean something other than, here's a dozen armors with the same stats because we had to include all the previous armors and swords and every spell and we decided to just make three variant versions of each.

My guess is the former has a better chance of happening than the latter. No doubt every single fucking item from all three previous Souls games is going to be in the game again.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

FVBTVS wrote:cant i just have one minute to enjoy this please
:tup:

It won't be cross generational. There is no way.

I know I shit all over everything, and rightfully so, but I am very positive and hopeful for Fallout 4. They have spent a long time working on it, and they understand the bug reputation. Honestly that stuff is over exaggerated anyway unless you played those games on the PS3. This is not Ubisoft. This is not an annualized franchise. Remember that Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim are some of the most revered games to come out in the last 6 years, even with it's bugs.

Every idiot it he planet is going to compare it the the Witcher 3. Whatever. I'm not playing Witcher 3 until I play Fallout 4, even if I inevitably have to wait till 2016.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Speaking of which, Steam is now doing refunds. Officially you have to have bought the game within 14 days and played less than an hour. Fuck right off, Dark Souls II.
spacehamster wrote:Dark Souls 3 rumor mill is officially launched.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/2/8707135 ... nced-at-e3
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

FVBTVS wrote:cant i just have one minute to enjoy this please
He's been a feisty ginger lately.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

No one's excited for XCOM 2. :cry:

Some perverse part of me hopes Fallout 4 is cross gen. I hope Bethesda fixed their janky animations and learned/remembered how to write a fucking quest. *points and stares right at Cryptoplasty* Because TW3's quests shit allllllllllll over every Bethesda game in existence.

Dark Souls 3 with Miyazaki is infinitely more interesting to me.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:No one's excited for XCOM 2. :cry:
of course I am, it's fucking XCOM. most people are just weeping softly to themselves because it's pc only

also I love that they just called it XCOM 2
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Wang Mandu wrote:No one's excited for XCOM 2. :cry:
i am! its cool! but its pc exclusive..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

speaking of XCOM, Massive Chalice finally came out, it seems pretty cool so far.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:rhug: The procedurally generated maps have me giddy.

If anyone wants GOG codes for The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2, shoot me a pm.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

copstache wrote:speaking of XCOM, Massive Chalice finally came out, it seems pretty cool so far.
its free this month for gold xbl people. i tinkered with it for about an hour. its totally xcom.. :tup2:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: If anyone wants GOG codes for The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2, shoot me a pm.
Did you get those after the fact for preordering the expansion pass? Because I preordered that too, but I didn't get any codes.