The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by hyperviolence »

Pisscubes wrote:
riley-o wrote:Last boss is easy just do it

Kuhni Lemmel
Sigh.

It's not even the difficulty. I just totally lost interest. I'm hoping it comes back. I want to want to finish and I want to want to play it again.

It nailed the atmosphere and there are some cool mechanics, but it never got its hooks into me the way the Souls games did. I decided to just go with my feelings for now and then maybe it will all just click.
You're not alone here. Also got to the last boss and just said fuck it.

For whatever reason the combat mechanics never quite clicked. And this might seem a tad bit over the top but I honestly think having to farm for blood vials killed the game for me. Losing to a boss five times is a row is frustrating enough...having to then spend an hour killing random enemies for potions took it to a point where I just wanted to play something else.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

electronichamz wrote:Stupid Xbox question since I don't play on consoles.

Are the games bought through the webstore on 360 compatible on Xbox One and will they transfer over with your Xbox Live account?
Whoa there, brother. Looks like we might been not so fast faggot'ed. Xbox One getting some sort of 360 support later in the year.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Put on Mass Effect 2 just to do a few tasks and was startled to see I had already done them Friday night. Now, I have no problem drinking and a gaming but it's been quite some time since I've been blackout drunk while gaming. I didn't even drink that much ( all I ate was sushi, though ). Oof! That was cute a few years ago but I don't want to be that guy anymore.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

played an hour preview of The Long Dark. its fucking cool as hell..

i died baaaadly multiple times :fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

If you weren't such a self-righteous, sanctimonious twit, I'd help you fix that.
canon.docre wrote:Jumped back into fallout 3 grabbed a save online that starts you after that boring ass intro. Headed immediately in the opposite direction of that yawnfest megaton. Been having some cpu overheating issues just spent an hour cleaning out the heatsink fan with a curved needle, went to the source and grabbed some heatsink compound, cleaned it off with a coffee filter and reseated it . Gonna leave it for an hour or two and hopefully wont have my computer turn off after an hour or so of playing..
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

canon.docre wrote: Headed immediately in the opposite direction of that yawnfest megaton.
Look at this fuckin badass.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

delmuerte wrote:If you weren't such a self-righteous, sanctimonious twit, I'd help you fix that.
canon.docre wrote:Jumped back into fallout 3 grabbed a save online that starts you after that boring ass intro. Headed immediately in the opposite direction of that yawnfest megaton. Been having some cpu overheating issues just spent an hour cleaning out the heatsink fan with a curved needle, went to the source and grabbed some heatsink compound, cleaned it off with a coffee filter and reseated it . Gonna leave it for an hour or two and hopefully wont have my computer turn off after an hour or so of playing..
This completely fixed it. My cpu fan hasn't even maxed out on rpms since. What else would you have done out of curiosity? Underclocked cpus? Checked chassis fan direction? Added another fan?
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
canon.docre wrote: Headed immediately in the opposite direction of that yawnfest megaton.
Look at this fuckin badass.
I blew it the fuck up after robbing the place blind.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:wank:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Necrometer »

Spooky Apparition wrote:I played Borderlands 2 and its DLC 50+ hours and loved all of it (except Tiny Tina's voice/dialogue, but the DLC based around her is some of the best DLC ever). yeah some of the writing is obnoxious, but I listened to music half of the time I played the game anyway. some of it's great though... I was LOLing half the time I was playing Torque's DLC. he's like a Macho Man on more coke than Macho Man was on.
I know I'm years late on this shit, but my GF and I played through BL2 and had a good time. I thought it sort of sucked for the first half or so, but after getting some decent guns/skills it became fun. I still sort of hate the nihilistic setting and tween boy pandering the "humor" tends to do, but it's a cool game and I like the look of it. (Wang, you once posted about stolen art - is that just the codehunters lifting? something more?)

ANYWAY I'm only posting because the Tiny Tina DLC (the D&D style quest) is indeed a total blast and anyone who enjoyed the game at all should play this as well since it's the best part by far IMO.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Anyone try Elite Dangerous? Looks beautiful and I haven't played space pilot since the Tie-Fighter days. Xbox One is getting a version so I suppose it's somewhat streamlined. Hmm?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh man! Bats is out next week. Fuck! Why did I think it was next month? I'm no way done with Mass Effect 2. If anything I've only just tapped the beginning. I'm just going to have to finish ME2. It's always bad news when I start/stop a game. It'll give Bats time to get patched if patching is necessary. Plus, I go on vacation in three weeks for three weeks, so I don't want Bats to get all interrupted.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Necrometer wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:(Wang, you once posted about stolen art - is that just the codehunters lifting? something more?)
I believe just that. Seems kind of shady but that's what Gearbox does. You're a multi-million dollar studio and you can't reach out to the artists and say something. Ehhhh.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... -industry/

For Cryptoplasty http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06 ... mous-flop/
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Pretty good haul on the Steam sale so far, got Dying Light, Walking Dead S2, Homeworld Remastered and Wolfenstein New Order
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I got a bunch of older stuff I've played but wanted the PC version like the Rainbow 6 series.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

The Bill wrote:
electronichamz wrote:Stupid Xbox question since I don't play on consoles.

Are the games bought through the webstore on 360 compatible on Xbox One and will they transfer over with your Xbox Live account?
Whoa there, brother. Looks like we might been not so fast Kuhni Lemmel'ed. Xbox One getting some sort of 360 support later in the year.
heh, I was told this today
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Am I the only one who is disappointed by the Steam sales thus far?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i got Alien Isolation and Talos Principle for about $12 each so that made me pretty happy

dark souls 2 hasn't had any discount yet hah
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

electronichamz wrote:Am I the only one who is disappointed by the Steam sales thus far?
I've pretty much bought everything I'm going to buy. All that's left are things like Dying Light or the last two Call of Duty games, & I'm waiting for those to drop WAY cheaper.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I have so many Steam games I have never played so I only bought This War of Mine and something else that was around 5 or 6 bucks. Don't really care too much about the sales these days.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

FVBTVS wrote:played an hour preview of The Long Dark. its fucking cool as hell..

i died baaaadly multiple times
I kickstarter-ed this, since it's pretty much the 'Extreme Bothying Simulator 2015' I was looking for. The atmosphere and survival stuff is up there with Stalker. Looking forward to the full campaign.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

:tup:

Perfectly said.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Let Us Help You wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:played an hour preview of The Long Dark. its fucking cool as hell..

i died baaaadly multiple times
I kickstarter-ed this, since it's pretty much the 'Extreme Bothying Simulator 2015' I was looking for. The atmosphere and survival stuff is up there with Stalker. Looking forward to the full campaign.
i think im going to to pay the 19.99 or whatever it is for the alpha, i keep thinking about the hour that i played and want to get back in there..

twice i played on the hardcore difficulty and died within minutes. the first time i played as a woman i got 30 feet and was killed by a wolf :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

sure, ok
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.