The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

The Japanese are so confused. That's like have a gangsta rapper sing live for the NHL '16 exhibit.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Killing Floor 2 is great
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

electronichamz wrote:Killing Floor 2 is great
That game is basically a co-op FPS horde mode, right? No proper single player to speak of?

I never travelled with her my first play through, but Jack & myself create a biotic shitstorm of chaos. It's pretty wild if not too easy.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

The Bill wrote:
That game is basically a co-op FPS horde mode, right? No proper single player to speak of?.
Yeah, just co-op fighting waves of exaggerated zombie mutants. The more players, the better the game. The graphics are beautiful. It is still in early access so there are some bugs.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I'm drawing out my Witcher 3 experience so I broke it up with a play through on the MGS game that was free - fucking lol how short it was.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

I ended up buying Sid Meier's Starships and Beyond Earth as a bundle for $20. Split that price between the two and I presume I'll get at least $10 of gameplay out of each.

Still....worst Steam sale thus far
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

electronichamz wrote:
The Bill wrote:
That game is basically a co-op FPS horde mode, right? No proper single player to speak of?.
Yeah, just co-op fighting waves of exaggerated zombie mutants. The more players, the better the game. The graphics are beautiful. It is still in early access so there are some bugs.
I have yet to beat the final dude even with playing with people online. The moment he blasts everyone with nerve gas, it's game over if you are in an enclosed space.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I bought exactly nothing during this sale. Still waiting for the GTA V price to drop. Other than that, bleh. I need a break from baming anyway, after logging nearly 100 hours of TW3 in a month.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

It took me almost 10 months, but I've logged 30 hours with Persona 4.

Persona 4 during non-grindy parts: 10/10
Persona 4 during grindy parts: 1/10

get rid of the need for grinding (at least on normal and below, for fuck's sake) and Persona 5 might be my most anticipated unreleased game. the structure of P4 is so strangely addicting, the music is fantastic, the writing is funny... can't wait to beat this and play 5 later this year (maybe?)
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Spooky Apparition wrote:and play 5 later this year (maybe?)
good one
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I should be getting a 3DS in the mail in like 30 minutes... bought Bravely Default. Considering snagging a few other games, wtf you niggas enjoyed on this thing? Kinda thinkin Kid Icarus needs some love from big pappa james... been so long Pit, you were always my single true love in this world...

all my freinds want me to buy animal crossing but that seems like something I would play for 8 minutes and then resent that im an indentured servant to a fucking raccoon and then never pick up again
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

animal crossing is harvest moon for losers

do you like oldschool zelda? get a Link Between Worlds
do you like anime titties and punching people? get Senran Kagura
if you like harvest moon, get Story of Seasons
if you think harvest moon needs more killing, get Rune Factory 4
if you like JRPGs, like anything by atlus is probably worth playing

also if you want some really rad visual novels with great stories and some puzzles, track down a copy of 999 for DS, and after you beat that, play the sequel, Virtue's Last Reward. both are fucking awesome
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Chigurh
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Chigurh »

james wrote:I should be getting a 3DS in the mail in like 30 minutes... bought Bravely Default. Considering snagging a few other games, wtf you niggas enjoyed on this thing? Kinda thinkin Kid Icarus needs some love from big pappa james... been so long Pit, you were always my single true love in this world...

all my freinds want me to buy animal crossing but that seems like something I would play for 8 minutes and then resent that im an indentured servant to a fucking raccoon and then never pick up again
You've gotta get Fire Emblem. Still the only game I cared enough about to beat on the system; it's addictive as crack
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:In other news I haven't finished the Witcher yet and despite Arkham Asylum being my favorite game of the last generation, I'm going to wait for some reviews on the Batman game, wait for it to come down in price a bit and maybe decide if I really OKI'MLYINGIT'SDOWNLOADINGNOWI'MSOWEAKSOMEONEHELPME
Got it for $36. 8)
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'll still just play Destiny for the next .month or so.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Guys, I'm really digging Civilization Beyond Erf even though I have ZERO tactics and currently am running out of power. AND EVEN THOUGH I FOUGHT OFF THAT SOUTH AFRICAN ASSHOLE WHO DECLARED WAR ON ME THEN GOT SMOKED BY ME THEN DECLARED PEACE THEN TRIED TO GET SOME OF MY POWER AND PETROLEUM
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote: In other news I haven't finished the Witcher yet and despite Arkham Asylum being my favorite game of the last generation, I'm going to wait for some reviews on the Batman game, wait for it to come down in price a bit and maybe decide if I really OKI'MLYINGIT'SDOWNLOADINGNOWI'MSOWEAKSOMEONEHELPME
I was supposed to have tomorrow off from work, so I was excited about giving it a go after Midnight. But, No, someone had a big mouth and shit on my plans. So, I guess I'll find out tomorrow after work.

I know I said I was going to finish ME2 first but.... It's the goddamn Batman.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i'm gonna just not buy batman and buy a wii u instead
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:i'm gonna just not buy batman and buy a wii u instead
Fuck...I'm Dave
git help.

Post by Fuck...I'm Dave »

Taking a break from Witcher 3 to play The Last of Us. I played through it on the ps3 a few years ago and I've been looking for an excuse to play again. It came included with my ps4 so it seemed like a good reason to do it. I haven't played the Left Behind part of game yet too so once I'm done with the main story I'll check that part out.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Wang Mandu wrote: Got it for $36. 8)
:fp: :tdown: to me and Rocksteady/Warner. The PC version is a fucking mess. Gonna see about getting a refund but not sure if I can because I bought it from GreenmanGaming and it is a Steamworks game.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Bought Insurgency on the Steam sale. You pretty much get one shot by everything. Everyone screams Allah Akbar after every match. I usually hate these games, but this one seems pretty cool and not full of 12 year olds.

Also bought Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Nowhere near as good as the first one which I loved. Quit already.

I don't know why, but I got the first 2 Assassins Creed games. I had played the first one a long time ago and hated it. Still hate it. Assassins Creed 2 isn't any better.

Got my gold Shaman in Hearthstone and I'm well on my way to a gold Priest.

And of course Path Of Exile....Took a couple month break, but the expansion is out soon which they are calling version 2.0. They are changing and adding so much to the game. I'll probably get sucked in for another 1000 hours.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote: Got it for $36. 8)
:fp: :tdown: to me and Rocksteady/Warner. The PC version is a fucking mess. Gonna see about getting a refund but not sure if I can because I bought it from GreenmanGaming and it is a Steamworks game.
I have that shit running maxed settings. Benchmark says 29 fps is the lowest I dip. :?: I hear that's on par with the consoles, so I'm not worried at the moment that I should have gotten the PS4 version. Plus, I have all that PC exclusive Nvidia Works bells and whistles running. That Batmobile smoke in the benchmark is pretty ridiculous. Is it realistic? ... I don't know about that. Does is look like some sort of smoke experiment you'd see at a Hall of Science? Yes. Only played a little of the Harley Quinn DLC this morning. Game ran smooth, but there was nothing special on screen. It was kind of hard. It also stuck to high hell of being DLC content.

UPDATED:

I've been hearing left and right about what a complete shit show the PC version is. I'm not waiting 6 months for shit to get fixed. Steam purchase refunded, and I'll pick up Bats on the PS4.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

fwiw it looks pretty damn nice on the ps4
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So what's the problem with the PC version?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

http://kotaku.com/why-destiny-players-f ... 1713417685

i haven't really played destiny but i do kinda find this whole saga of love/hate kinda interesting from the outside. bungie has always had this shitty cool guy approach to talking to its community when there was something fucked up about their shit and it llooks like scaling up to an mmo sized game has made it worse. that luke smith guy was a total faggot back in the halo 3 days. its funny to see people in an abusive relationship with their favorite game. i've kinda been there before..

it like, yeah gamers are all xasthur fans and should be thrown in a fire but in a concrete way the developers most of the time are just gamers on steroids with actual power over the the way other people play. its crazy.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR