Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: THREAD TO TALK ABOUT CULTURE WAR BULLSHIT

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 am If these confused people get to call themselves "They", I demand that the plural of Moose is now Meese, damnit.
Generic "they" was a thing in English long before Kid Rock started soiling his depends over it.

But I'm going to play for a second, because there actually is something that bothers me about this, as a grammar nazi and a linguist. Actually two things. If you put "he/him" into your Twitter bio, you're not actually telling anyone how you want to be addressed. "he" is third person singular and only used when people are talking about you, not when they're addressing you, so you're basically trying to dictate how people are to refer to you when you're not even in the room with them. And also, why does everyone include the object form with their pronoun? Do they think I don't know that the object form of "he" is "him"? Thanks for the grammar lesson I guess, but what does any of that have to do with your gender identity?

Bad standup comedy routine about pronouns over. I just call people whatever they want me to call them because I have this thing where I generally try not to be a dick, but this has always been weird to me.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

spacehamster wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:53 pm
The Bill wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 am If these confused people get to call themselves "They", I demand that the plural of Moose is now Meese, damnit.
so you're basically trying to dictate how people are to refer to you when you're not even in the room with them... what does any of that have to do with your gender identity?
You are close to the heart of a significant truth.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:33 pm
spacehamster wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:53 pm
so you're basically trying to dictate how people are to refer to you when you're not even in the room with them... what does any of that have to do with your gender identity?
You are close to the heart of a significant truth.
I looked this up the other day. It's because some people use neopronouns and if they just wrote "xe", no one would know wtf the other 2 forms are ("xe/xem/xyr" for example)

so everyone writes he/him/his so everyone is using the same format

it's amazing what you can learn through the internet. i didn't even have to waste any queer's time asking them about it.
Image Certified Poster
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Xe? I think that’s the noise my dog makes when she sneezes.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

featherboa wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:13 pm
I looked this up the other day. It's because some people use neopronouns and if they just wrote "xe", no one would know wtf the other 2 forms are ("xe/xem/xyr" for example)

I guess that makes sense. I will use the fact that I never bothered to google that as proof that I don't really care all that much either way. If people want to use the pronouns they want to be referred to when they're being talked about into their Twitter bios along with their favorite pizza and who they voted for in the last election, fine. The more important observation is still that this is not, in fact, the biggest threat to our civilization in this century and maybe we should just let people do what the fuck they want.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:04 pm
Pet peeve of mine: when somebody equates "people speaking up when assholes say hateful shit" to "lefties are triggered when somebody challenges their ideological preconceived notions of something".
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:06 am
cxwx wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:04 pm
Pet peeve of mine: when somebody equates "people speaking up when assholes say hateful shit" to "lefties are triggered when somebody challenges their ideological preconceived notions of something".

Yeah I think that guy has a really warped idea of “private property rights” (when most people say this they are really just bitching about high taxes) and the statement about “you don’t have the right to steal labor from doctors” is just boiler plate republicans talking points. I’m more annoyed that Finn just smiles and nods but I get he isn’t about having contentious interviews and just wants people to feel welcome on his show.

The shit about homeless heroin addicts really annoyed me too because it’s very moralistic, if we don’t think addicted should have a house because they will destroy it how about just a shelter of some kind with running water and a toilet or is that also too much to ask. Alcohol is by far the most destructive hard drug and if it was illegal we’d see the same type of life destroying behaviors in alcoholics that we see in junkies.
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:55 am the statement about “you don’t have the right to steal labor from doctors” is just boiler plate republicans talking points.
I only watched the clip you posted; what exactly does he mean by that? Quick google search didn't yield any results, but I'm really looking forward to hearing the next right wing ridiculous argument...
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:23 am
cxwx wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:55 am the statement about “you don’t have the right to steal labor from doctors” is just boiler plate republicans talking points.
I only watched the clip you posted; what exactly does he mean by that? Quick google search didn't yield any results, but I'm really looking forward to hearing the next right wing ridiculous argument...
He’s equating tax dollars funding some form of national health services in the USA like they have in Canada and the UK is using state violence to steal peoples money, making it sound like it’s the same thing as literally chaining a doctor to the inside of a hospital. It’s really really nauseatingly stupid. ( not to mention people in the United States are already paying more on average for private health insurance where you have just as much of a chance being told to get fucked as getting an actual insurance claim approved)
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:12 pm
He’s equating tax dollars funding some form of national health services in the USA like they have in Canada and the UK is using state violence to steal peoples money, making it sound like it’s the same thing as literally chaining a doctor to the inside of a hospital. It’s really really nauseatingly stupid. ( not to mention people in the United States are already paying more on average for private health insurance where you have just as much of a chance being told to get fucked as getting an actual insurance claim approved)
:lol: :lol:
I just don't get what those far right clowns think a state is supposed to be. Why live in one at all? Shouldn't solidarity be an integral part of living with your fellow being? Also, isn't supporting people who are less fortunate than you a core Christian value? :confused:
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:59 pm

I guess that makes sense. I will use the fact that I never bothered to google that as proof that I don't really care all that much either way. If people want to use the pronouns they want to be referred to when they're being talked about into their Twitter bios along with their favorite pizza and who they voted for in the last election, fine. The more important observation is still that this is not, in fact, the biggest threat to our civilization in this century and maybe we should just let people do what the fuck they want.
I in general do not care about these pronouns drama, if someone tells me he/she prefers to be called using this or that I just do it. After saying that, my daughter has a non-binary school friend (biologically female), they go to an international school so they speak multiple languages, the friend decided she wants to be called with they/them/their in English and as a male in the other two languages we share. This is the ultimate crap, I do not have space in my brain to remember different pronouns in different languages.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:30 am
cxwx wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:12 pm
:lol: :lol:
I just don't get what those far right clowns think a state is supposed to be. Why live in one at all? Shouldn't solidarity be an integral part of living with your fellow being? Also, isn't supporting people who are less fortunate than you a core Christian value? :confused:
The United States has a strange strand of Christianity. There’s a fair amount of I guess what you would call “left wing Christian’s” but the evangelical right wing just seems to suck all the oxygen out of the room and are the most politically active/well funded/dogmatically aggressive. For all its faults there really is no larger charity group in the United States than the Catholic Church.

As far as that singer guy above he’s not a Christian and claims to support drug legalization and cutting the pentagon budget so it’s a mixed bag. I guess he is a frequent guest of Tim Pool? I don’t know why you would to align yourself with that asshole unless you’ve naive enough think Pool is sincere or just a cynical bullshit grifter like he is. I’ve already wasted too many brain cells thinking about it.
Ill body
/
Ill will
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Krieg wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:46 am
spacehamster wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:59 pm

I in general do not care about these pronouns drama, if someone tells me he/she prefers to be called using this or that I just do it. After saying that, my daughter has a non-binary school friend (biologically female), they go to an international school so they speak multiple languages, the friend decided she wants to be called with they/them/their in English and as a male in the other two languages we share. This is the ultimate crap, I do not have space in my brain to remember different pronouns in different languages.
I blame us Gen X’ers, when we started calling girls “dude”.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I saw that. It's like he watched but misremebered a video about pinocchio by Dr. Jordan Peterson.

Very interesting thing about the pedo conspiracy guys - as soon as elements of the narrative are revealed as being true, they seem to stop talking about it and make up more mythology. Like how often do these guys talk about Epstein? They don't even seem to watch pedo hunter videos on YouTube.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:28 pm
Very interesting thing about the pedo conspiracy guys - as soon as elements of the narrative are revealed as being true, they seem to stop talking about it and make up more mythology.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Image Certified Poster
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Female Jeffery Dahmer formerly interviewing incels for Vice at around 3 minute mark.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I KNOW THAT BITCH!!! I remember her from this old clip - her blinking was absolutely bizarre, part of me thinks it was the wind but I choose to believe its a side effect of antipsychotic medication

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Jim Norton blinking ass bitch
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'd probably develop an awkward facial tic too if I had to listen to Nina's ex-husband talk.