The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

does anyone know if dark souls 1 has been on sale yet during this recent steam sale? i want to buy it for my friend but i might wait a couple days just so see if it drops at all..

:cheers:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

sale's been over for like a week BRAH
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I'm pretty sure only Dark Souls 2 got a deep discount on the Steam sale. Dark Souls 1 only got a small sale.

The only reasoning I can give behind this is that the Dark Souls series is overrated hipster dumpster garbage trash for try hards.

Either way, the Steam sale is long over and now you have to wait until Thanksgiving.

Sorry bro, your friend will have to play real games.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

spoken like a true skrub who has yet to truly embrace his skrub nature and just git gud

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Sounds like fun. :(
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i watched a bit of this at a friends house and the bat tank shit is completely jarring and ruined it for me..

and i dont understand the concept of batman shooting criminals in the face with tank shells and whatnot, am i missing something here?

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

In Batman: The Cult, Bats had no problem getting extra rough and using guns, so the tank doesn't bother me on that end. It is the weakest part of the game & I agree that it's jarring & disappointing to suddenly need it in the middle of a level. Halo this ain't.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I think the sudden heat & humidity is getting to me. I've had no desire to play anything since Friday night. It's not like I'm not digging Bats or abandoned ME2. If Bioshock: Girls Titfight came out right now I wouldn't touch it.
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

Skullgirls all fucking day

Hector knows what I mean.
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Christ! I'm not a big fan of the Lego games, but Lego Dimensions is just asking me to fuck it with all the The Bill fan service it's rubbing all over its interchangeable body parts.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Amusingly the longer I have played Fallout Shelter on iOS and the bigger my Vault has become, the more the game crashes - It IS just like Fallout only on your phone!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: Next year's edition will come with a colostomy bag.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

are they ripping off fallout?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Jesus! That franchise is just a juggernaut.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Next time I ramble on about being logical STICK WITH IT, The Bill! Only a few days before my trip and no way near finishing the Bat. There's too much to do it this damn game. Really, they over did it. I would have finished ME2. Damn it. I hate large breaks between gaming, I end up abandoning the game.
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

Decided to get a PS4 this week. Five days later, it's a fucking brick. Barely even touched the damn thing.

So much for giving consoles another try
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Surely you just take it back and they give you another one? Is that one of the new 1TB models?

RIP Mr Nintendo http://www.afr.com/technology/nintendo- ... 713-giavzs
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Her Story was recommended to my by Geoff and I just finished it. It's $6 on Steam and it fuckin' ruuuuuules. 3-4 hour FMV mystery bame where the only gameplay feature is research. I'd highly recommend taking notes while you play, ahd it's incredibly fun to "coop" with another person. Actual real spoilers below for Geoff & anyone who is done with it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I guess this is mostly a PM to Geoff for now. Game ruled! Did you play this with your lady? I did with mine and it was awesome to have someone to talk through everything with... also cool to have someone taking notes. My girlfriend got super obsessed at the end when we had only four clips left to find (not counting the "Yes."/"No." lie detector ones), and we spent like an hour just uncovering those last four. You know you're obsessed when you're high-fiving over a three-second clip that says simply "In the bedroom?", hahaha.

Anyway, how far did you get, clips-wise, before you turned in via the "Chit Chat!" IMer, and how surprised were you that there was no "test" of how good your understanding was at the end? I was pretty floored - I totally thought there would be a quiz. I sort of like that they left it so open, but it's weird that so many people can play the game and leave with a really botched understanding of what happened. Not that there's one true/clear answer, but certain shit... like multiple personalities... is just inconsistent with the evidence. Although I was totally trying to find ways for it to be one crazy lady! Like, taking myself down twisted 4th-wall rabbit holes, like "fuck - that tattoo looks fake" (duh, the actress doesn't actually have one) or "holy shit, that bruise could simply be makeup!" (again - it IS makeup in the real world). I'd give ANYTHING to be able to play a game like that and somehow believe that the footage is real. This game dropped at a very opportune moment, with the popularity of Serial and The Jinx, I think (I hated the former and loved the latter, FWIW).

Highlight of the game was probably the moment that we realized that the tap code could be deciphered... and then that sinking feeling when the result is "BYDHANNAN" (mistapped by the actress?), which sends us precisely nowhere, ahaha.
big text actual spoiler:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
best summary of the interview characteristics from here:
June 18: Hair down. Ring on left hand. Left arm covered. Black coffee.
June 25: Hair up. Ring on left hand. Left arm not covered, no tattoo. Tea. Bruise on left cheek.
June 27: Hair down. Ring on left hand. Left arm covered. Black coffee. No bruise on left cheek; touches wrong cheek when asked about it.
June 30: Hair up. Ring on left hand. Left arm not fully covered, but it seems like no tattoo. Tea, one sugar.
July 1: Hair down. Ring on left hand. Left arm covered. Black coffee. Tattoo revealed after she changes because of the coffee spill.
July 2: Hair down. Ring on left hand. Left arm covered. Coffee, milk and sugar.
July 3: Hair down. No ring. Left arm covered. No drink.
in summary: ponytail = real hannah :lol:

best overall summary of the story, from here
Hannah and Eve are twins. At birth, their mother (unnamed) delivered twin girls. The attending midwife, Florence, stole one of the twins under the guise of it being a stillbirth, and kept it.

Florence had a husband when she was much younger, who served and was killed in World War II. They had plans to have a baby when he returned, and had decided to name it "Eve". This provides the motive for Florence to steal the second twin. At five years old the twins learn about each other by seeing each other through their windows. They think of the other as their "reflection". At eight years old, Florence trips down a flight of stairs and dies. Eve, having read Florence's diary, knows she's not her true mother and therefore nobody even knows she exists, and she goes across the street to live with Hannah, who hides her in her attic playroom.

Both of the girls attended school, taking turns. When one felt sick, the other would go. If one was better at a certain subject, they would go while the other stayed home, hidden in the attic. They both developed friends and an education, under the guise of a single identity. They kept a detailed diary to keep track of what the other person did throughout the day, and they outlined a set of rules to follow. The rules were agreed upon in advance to govern the ways they reacted to things, since otherwise one of the twins could completely ruin both of their lives.

The twins utilized a code known as the 'Knock Code' to communicate with each other without their parents realizing.

Hannah was the shy one, and Eve was the confident one. Eve would seduce the guys that Hannah developed crushes on, and then they would date them together. At 17, Hannah meets Simon, and breaks the rule. She sleeps with him. From this one night together, Hannah becomes pregnant. Eve decides that, since they are living as the same person, she has to get pregnant too, but can't do it with anyone they know, and so sleeps around with strangers, eventually stopping after contracting an STD. When Hannah's parents learn of the pregnancy, they arrange a marriage for Simon and Hannah. After the marriage, Hannah moves out of the house and into Simon's parent's house (Doug and Eleanor). At this point, Eve is trapped - she can't leave the house for fear of being recognized, because she can't guarantee that Hannah will be somewhere hidden like they'd done all their lives. So she adapts her own name (Eve) and goes out wearing a blonde wig. Hannah has a miscarriage.

Eve at this point poisons their parents with what's available to her - mushrooms. After this, Hannah and Simon move back to their parents house that Hannah has inherited. For around six months, they return to things as normal - swapping places. Eventually Hannah tells Eve that she doesn't want to share Simon with her, and Eve fully moves out into her own apartment. She starts singing in bars as "Eve", with her blonde wig. When she moves out she gets a tattoo to "signify her individuality". One night, Simon finds Eve singing and is immediately struck with fascination and infatuation. After a couple weeks of visiting her at the bar, he takes her home and they sleep together. From this, Eve gets pregnant. Eve tells Hannah, but doesn't tell her that it's Simon's. Hannah decides that Eve should move in with her and Simon back at their house, which Eve advises against.

Hannah goes ahead with her idea, and comes clean to Simon about her secret sister, and that she's pregnant. At this point, from the expression on Simon's face, Hannah realizes what's happened and that Simon is the father. Hannah calls Eve to her house, and they get into a fight. Eve punches Hannah and leaves a bruise on her face. After the fight, Eve leaves and drives north to Glasgow to clear her mind. This is when she hits the taxi, and goes to the hospital. When she returns the next day, she goes to Hannah's house and finds Simon dead, with his throat cut, and Hannah dressed in Eve's clothes wearing her blonde wig. Hannah had pretended to be Eve. Simon expressed his attraction to "Eve", and presented her with a gift - A mirror, exactly the same as the one he'd given Hannah for her birthday that year. Angry and jealous, Hannah swings the mirror at Simon and it shatters, slashing his throat open and killing him. When Eve arrives, the two of them decide to clean up, hide the body and cover up the murder. Eve sets Simon's watch for a time when she had been in Glasgow the night before, knowing that there was an alibi for someone matching her exact description.

Day four of the interviews features Hannah being interviewed. On that day, she learns that there was a third set of unidentified fingerprints in the house - mostly in the bedroom, and on the sheets. She also learns about blonde wig hair being found in the bedroom. Hannah recites a story they'd rehearsed about the day that Simon went missing. On the following day, Eve recites the exact same story, word for word. Also on this day, Eve spills coffee on herself and has to remove her over-shirt that covers her tattoo. At this point, Eve realized that things weren't going according to plan. Their rehearsed story backfired when the police noticed, and when they saw her tattoo. On day six, the cops ask her if she has a twin, after which she leaves. Between day six and day seven, Eve kills Hannah. On day seven, Eve says "You have no murder weapon. You have nothing." This is in regards to killing Hannah, not Simon like it is initially implied, because there is a murder weapon for Simon - the mirror.

The player character, Sarah, is Eve's daughter. Eve is sent to either prison or a mental institution, and after Sarah is born, she's taken from Eve and never meets her mother. She watches the videos and recreates the story to learn why her mother killed her sister and covered up her father's death.
Last edited by Necrometer on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I really liked it but I still don't buy into the theory you spoiled up there
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I still think it's a multiple personality thing

but people keep arguing with me. I'm not sure there's a definitive answer either way.

and I'm NOT going to spoil this because people who get the game shouldn't fall into the same trap I did: the code doesn't lead you anywhere, don't expect hints from it. I spent fucking forever trying to decode it and trying to figure out if it was a clue. it's maybe a clue to your own understanding, but it doesn't help you search anything.

also I figured out pretty early on how to "game" the system which came in handy later on when I needed to find the last 1/4 of the clips.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
every time you watch a video, change the [blank] tag in the user notes to something else. i just put "w" for "watched" on mine. that way if you search "simon" and it returns 15 results, you'll mark the ones you've seen, and search "simon blank" and only the ones you haven't changed the tags on will appear. you can also just search "blank" and it will pull anything with that tag chronologically from the start
but i'd really recommend it to anyone who thinks it sounds cool. it's pretty cheap, will run on just about anything, and it's really well done
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:tup: :tup: :tup:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I think it's fine to conclude whatever you want at the end; the creator has even said that there's no intended "answer", although he said there was a foundation/framework in place as the "truth" as the game was being created. so, a few notches up from Lost.

I guess I took the tap code to be slightly informative in that Hannah's frustrated with herself for talking about Eve at all, and then taps out "LOVE U" which is presumably muscle memory from when their whole attic charade was underway. and I'd file that as more evidence that there's not two personalities, although I guess a super bonkers person could learn and carry out an entire coded language just to support the idea that the other identity is real. and then maybe "BYE HANNAH" means eve has decided to off hannah? I can't remember at what point in the story she did that, though...

re: gaming the system: yeah! sweaty and I nearly stumbled upon the "BLANK" trick when we were spamming every word we could think of and she typed in "blank". we were like "whoa! 217 results! oh, that's because it's in the tag field"... but didn't think to fuckin' hack the system. I've only seen people saying you should remove the "blank" tag as you watch, which would let you watch everything chronologically, effectively ruining the "game" element.... your idea to add "blank" is really clever and would still keep the fun alive
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

FMV is the new QTE.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

What's up with the one volume missing ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

ambiguous!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
creator said it refers to the cops' questions
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if you're not playing Rocket League then man what are you even doing with your life
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

pillars of eternity --- it's so good. best game I've enjoyed in years, decades.

the lore is not just immersive...it makes you wanna write a book.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I fell in love with Sagani