AND THEN THERE WAS SILENCE

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

AND THEN THERE WAS SILENCE

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: AND THEN THERE WAS SILENCE

We have been betrayed by the wind and the rain
The sacred halls empty and cold
The sacrifice made should not be done in vain
Revenge will be taken by Rome
Eight Bit Alien

THE WOKE MIND VIRUS WONT LET ME POST THE REST OF THE FUCKING LYRICS
Eight Bit Alien

I've listened to this 10 times in the past 3 days
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

will my weary soul find release for a while

i never look at the lyrics so this is probably misheard
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

never listened to this band
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:10 am never listened to this band
I've always thought they struck a perfect musical balance with "Imaginations from the Other Side" where everything was really operatic and over the top, but still grounded in riffs enough. After that, they turned into... well, this. I'll never really badmouth Blind Guardian, but they really kinda lost me with this stuff.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

all the bliss and beauty will be gone
Image Certified Poster
Eight Bit Alien

Na nana na na nana nana na na na na
The nightmare shall be over now
There's nothing more to fear
Eight Bit Alien

spacehamster wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:48 pm
FVBTVS wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:10 am never listened to this band
I've always thought they struck a perfect musical balance with "Imaginations from the Other Side" where everything was really operatic and over the top, but still grounded in riffs enough. After that, they turned into... well, this. I'll never really badmouth Blind Guardian, but they really kinda lost me with this stuff.
Imaginations/Nightfall was the peak for sure but Opera has some incredible songs on it. The production is hysterical and it was too much for me when it first came out, but this song in particular is a high point for all fucking metal ever. It's an absolutely insane accomplishment, it's been 20 years and I'm still floored by it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:00 pm Imaginations/Nightfall was the peak for sure but Opera has some incredible songs on it. The production is hysterical and it was too much for me when it first came out, but this song in particular is a high point for all fucking metal ever. It's an absolutely insane accomplishment, it's been 20 years and I'm still floored by it.
I dunno, I can see the appeal, it just doesn't work for me. I really like Gentle Giant as well, which this sort of reminds me of in a weird way, so I couldn't entirely tell you what my problem with it is, I just listen to it and I keep thinking I wish the guitar wasn't like the 12th most important instrument in this.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

they re-mastered NiME in 2012 and it is a little heavier and more guitar/drum driven presentation - what I read sounds like they just re-mastered it, but I think it is a re-mix. I like this version more.

They also re-did a few other records - I like the new version of Somewhere Far Beyond more, but prefer the OG Imaginations.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road