The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

Wang Mandu wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:THE TAKEN KING IS FORTY DOLLARS :lol:

FOUR ZERO
Totally worth it so far. It seems like they finally released the game that they should have. Lt. Daniels barking in your ear is awesome. If the raid is even half as good as the Vault of Glass, I would have paid $60.
i dont mean to be cruel but i do truly not understand the destiny player :rhug:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I understand. I put the game down twice out of frustration/boredom but the gameplay, raids, loot, and 99% of the players I've played with have been really great. I've put more pvp hours into this than any other shooter ever.

Or, according to some cunt gaming writers, I'm addicted to a gambling simulator. :lol: Bungie and Activision are horrible companies, I must admit.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

milkmandan wrote:Super Mario Maker = GOTY
:tup:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
73A6-0000-0029-2E58

2302-0000-003F-7E6A
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FOUR ZERO
If I have no version of Destiny at all and I get this now, I'm assuming that would be a decent deal? Is this like a GOTY version with everything, plus new stuff (which I'm guessing is why people are pissed off)?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

spacehamster wrote:

FOUR ZERO
If I have no version of Destiny at all and I get this now, I'm assuming that would be a decent deal? Is this like a GOTY version with everything, plus new stuff (which I'm guessing is why people are pissed off)?
no man, thats 40 dollars for JUST THE DLC..

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: no man, thats 40 dollars for JUST THE DLC..
Well, at least that means I don't have to think about buying Destiny after ignoring it all this time and then never playing it anyway...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

spacehamster wrote:
FVBTVS wrote: no man, thats 40 dollars for JUST THE DLC..
Well, at least that means I don't have to think about buying Destiny after ignoring it all this time and then never playing it anyway...
its crazy. destiny is crazy. once you play it and realize just how little is really going on there you wont believe it. if its little brand of incremental upgrades and cheeky loot style doesnt hook into your absolute basest reptilian instincts there is next to NOTHING ELSE there. and they have STAYED charging people A LOT for every new thing.

i held out a while to play it until i was really hungry for something similar to borderlands with lush environs but man after you get through your first time experience with the stuff i really dont see what people are DOING all the time in that shit. its a real global mystery..

all do respect to our brother boarders and all that :betternotstartanyshit:

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I played the Destiny beta briefly and really only liked the visuals. So this is really just me doing my usual thing where I look for excuses to play a game that looks pretty. So I guess I'll stay away and just do more time trials in Drive Club, then...
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Taken King Legendary Edition is a great deal. You get the base game, all the old dlc and the new expansion, which is huge.

The only people pissed off are either kids or quit playing within the first month or bitch about no matchmaking for the raids. It seems most people didn't mind the price and are enjoying the expansion. But, if the raid sucks people will be pissed. So far, the strikes have been really fun and require some teamwork and use different mechanics.

Destiny > Borderlands by a wide margin.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
milkmandan wrote:Super Mario Maker = GOTY
From what I've watched so far, it looks fucking fun as hell.
Mitch Jr., loves it...
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:its crazy. destiny is crazy. once you play it and realize just how little is really going on there you wont believe it.
I would have agreed with you at release but now with TTK released I have to disagree. There are tons of things to do now. Story missions, strikes ( 3 player team missions) and some are quite challenging with mechanics more than shoot the big thing a lot, quick 5 minute objectives called patrols, pvp and pve daily bounties, lots of pvp modes, 3 raids, a horde mode, loads of quests added in the DLC, 3 different character classes with 3 subclasses each, tons of gear to acquire. People stick with the game because the gameplay is so tight and smooth. I'm far from an fps expert but it's the best playing shooter I've ever played. If you're going to jump in, now would be the best time. Just don't be like most of those numbskulls who bought it for the story :lol: :smh:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

cmon man, its been out a year and every dlc has been how much a pop? maybe all that shit is fine for a first time player but they've consistently charged way way over industry standards for dlc while providing very little for it imo

my guess is that activision literally cut the game in half and spread it out over a year. and that to me is way more galling than bf4 coming out broken

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

That is true. It's an MMO essentially. Instead of a subscription you pay for dlc. Rumors are the game was a mess during development and the story was thrown out at the last minute leading to a longtime Bungie head writer quitting.

The Dark Below wasn't worth 20 but House of Wolves was. New Horde mode, story missions that were actually good, a tough and very competitive pvp mode, etc. The season pass was $30 at the time I think. Not bad imo but I can see why people wouldn't want to pay it.

New Bloodborne dlc is 20 :lol:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Playing as such a high level character in Dark Souls is surely cheating but makes for a lot more fun.

Mad Max now had a rocket launcher. Ho Ho Ho!

Must be getting sick, because I'm in the mood to play a Call of Duty game.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

If you guys had to choose between Mad Max and Until Dawn, which would you go with?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Rev. Christberg wrote:If you guys had to choose between Mad Max and Until Dawn, which would you go with?
Haven't played Until Dawn so I can't compare. I mean though, you're comparing a game along the lines of Mordor against a game like Heavy Rain, so what's you're personal preference there. I will say, I love Mad Max using a trainer to buy pass a lot of busy work & make fights faster, easier, and more to my personal liking. I said before, Max on PS4 wasn't my thing right now, but Max on PC rules hard.

Trainers have been a God send right now. I don't have the time or patience for grinding & scavaging so I can skip all that filler shit.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Rev. Christberg wrote:If you guys had to choose between Mad Max and Until Dawn, which would you go with?
Destiny: The Taken King 8)
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think I'm going to officially say I actually think Drive Club is a good game and I'm not just inexplicably addicted to it. Apparently it had a lot problems initially, but as it is now, there's a ton of stuff to do, the online works really well, and the handling strikes a great balance between realism and fun. Plus it looks really nice, I had an online race during a thunderstorm at night the other day, and that was pretty goddam amazing.

I dunno, it's a bit like Gran Turismo without all the fuss. Although I do think I would've liked at least some upgrades and tuning.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
I know they changed the game some, but I can't believe it's been changed that radically from what I was playing last year around this time.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Wang Mandu wrote:
I absolutely loathe MMOs.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

don't worry, its definitely not an mmo

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:don't worry, its definitely not an mmo
Yeah, think Halo meets Borderlands.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

I had it when it originally came out. Back then it was a far too grindy DLC ridden mess with some really baffling multiplayer choices.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hmm! I have an idea. Some unfinished business with a game I've grown to loathe. My complete disdain for the company behind it notwithstanding, I still have many severe issues with Borderlands 2. Grinding, bullet sponges, picking up a thousand items of small worth, back tracking, redundant and tedious side missions... Let's say I use a trainer to level the fuck up so that enemies aren't so sponge worthy (such a boring thing to me in games), and then I can completely skip garbage side quests. Load up on cash so I do not need to open a thousands crates full of two dollars, and can just buy a damn gun if I like it. I hate a lot of the game play elements so many people like about the Borderlands series, but as a straight no frills FPS I don't think it would be bad at all. I don't think it would be bad at all.