The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Kids are doing great in school so they asked if I can get them Mario Maker.

Looks like I'm getting a Wii U today.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Mario Maker is so goddamn good.
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

This controller is almost as big as the system.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

soma, the newish horror game from frictional...is scary as fuck

start in the dark, play in the dark
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Enjoyed the weekend playing Star Wars beta on PS4, feels like you get a lot of chances to operate the different vehicles and stuff - Good times.

I've had a Wii U for a while now Bill, good times.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I have Mario Maker, Mario 3D Land U, and Zelda Wind Waker. I'm shocked at how good they all look. This Mario Maker is probably my GOTY.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don't care. I ordered a bunch of Wii U shit off Amazon, like the other Mario game, Monster Hunter, and pre-ordered a Yoshi game.. some other horse shit.

I also bought the Nathan Drake Collection. Now, I read that they went in and fixed the shooting in UC1. This seems like the same bullet sponge slough I recalled and stopped playing because of. Maybe the super baby easy mode is new. Fuck it! I'll restart with that mode because shooting a normal human dude three times in the face, and he doesn't die, is annoying the shit out of me. I forgot how chatty Uncharted is. Also forgot about Jennifer Aniston.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Played the SW Battlefront beta for a bit yesterday. It's pretty ridiculous how much like the movies this is, down to the Stormtroopers falling down just like old times. But I'm guessing I won't like the actual game if it's just multiplayer and horde mode. Shame, really - what they should've done was get these graphics and whoever it was at Bioware that wrote Kotor, and, you know... but I know. Sigh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

That's gets you a 15 yard penalty in the NFL.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:what does that fucking hand face thing I always see this dude doing mean? Is he playing peek-a-boo or some shit?
Since you can't see him, you'll never know.
electronichamz
git help.

The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by electronichamz »

Just preordered Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion for $6.66

This game is forever endless. Hail Lucifer
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:Played the SW Battlefront beta for a bit yesterday. It's pretty ridiculous how much like the movies this is, down to the Stormtroopers falling down just like old times. But I'm guessing I won't like the actual game if it's just multiplayer and horde mode. Shame, really - what they should've done was get these graphics and whoever it was at Bioware that wrote Kotor, and, you know... but I know. Sigh.

I had a few moments like that while I was playing - That I was kinda over it already - but there are a lot of game modes and I'm kinda into a Star Wars COD if the quality control is as smooth and nice as the Beta.

Of course BF4 had smooth nice Beta mode as well and then the game came out and the servers crapped themselves...I'm still in but.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I feel sorry for the people that have to play my kids' Mario levels. They're beatable and all, but holy fuck, restrain, children.

If you happen to be Big Jerks or Captain Pickle's Ship of Poo, that was done by the beer drinking 38 year old child of the house.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

See, Uncharted. If you're going to throw that many bad guys at me, they shouldn't be bullet sponges. Much better.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Had brutal insomnia last night. Might not be coincidence that I kept thinking about making two new levels for Mario Maker. And not to toot my own horn, but the Ghost House level I made last night is better than any other user created level I've played.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Oh, wait. I judged this too harshly.

Chest-high walls to hide behind? Rifle and pistol and grenade? Regenerating health? Witty banter with my combat partner?

Truly this is a next-gen game.
Wait. Are you sure you're not playing Uncharted 1?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: You know how to really GET ME IN THE MOOD, game?

Have a boring ass opening with nothing but quicktime events and the character I control to hurt move beyond a crawl for what feels like an hour.
:lol:

The best part for me was how you have literally no idea who anyone is, what's going on, or why you should care. If you ever make it to the end of the game, you'll see that it actually makes sense (and really, I thought the story was pretty cool for what it was), but as an "intriguing flash-forward" to set things up, it's about the worst idea possible.

And yes, next-gen in this game means write everything people hated in the last generation on a flip chart, tear the sheet off, crumple it up and call that your game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: It seems like such a cynical thing to do here.

"Wait, shouldn't we be thinking about where games could go in this brave new world?"

"They got better graphics, what else do they want? Can we make the screen go red when they get hurt?"

"Sigh... yes."
I've probably said this about five times in this thread at this point, but I'm guessing that's because it was a launch title. It probably cost a shit-ton to make because of all the visual bells and whistles (not to mention they got some actors who can actually act to do the VA, that probably cost a pretty penny as well), so nobody wanted to take any risks. I don't know if they ever had a good game that got ruined by corporate cowardice or if it was always going to be shit, but basically, it's impossible for a launch title to be anything but safe and boring. I just really hope Sony Santa Monica and Ready At Dawn don't end up getting slaughtered as a result - these are the guys who made the God of War games. But that's probably exactly what's going to happen.
why some of it looks so steampun-ish when actually everything else in London so far just looked like... victorian London.
Uh, that's pretty much the steampunk look, though. It's basically an amped-up version of Jules Verne, i.e. sci-fi set in the Victorian era. I really think they got that right - the giant blimps, the weird weapons, the uniforms, the general atmosphere all look great if you're into that sort of thing. It's just that the actual game is at best passable.

That's what really bugs me - this isn't a subgenre that a lot of games are set in, but it's one that I personally like, and they really nailed it. But the game pretty much sucks, sales are a disaster, and now because of the way the games industry works, nobody's going to attempt another AAA steampunk game.

Anyway, if you're waiting for the game to get more interesting, don't hold your breath. There's a couple of cool weapons that you barely ever get to use, and in order to ramp up the difficulty a bit, the shooter levels eventually get a bit longer and less linear, but that's about it. Especially for a guy like you who could basically still live with 8-bit graphics if the games are good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm pretty sure I must be reaching Uncharted 1's end game. The girl got kidnapped, for God's sake. Generic much Naughty Dog? Anyhow, the puzzles at the end are annoying, and I don't even know what to think of the vampires. I mean, don't try and tell me this isn't the Flood all over again. All these games that introduce a "third army" of monsters into a game always feel like they just ripped off Halo. See, Half-Life does the battle of three armies thing way better, why that isn't taken from I don't know. I've got a lot of complaints about Uncharted, but I'm still having a swell enough time. Could the Order be the PS4's Uncharted?

Sonny boy wanted to get back to Super Paper Mario, so I played some levels for him. Such a weird vibe I get from that game. I want to love it, but then it just bores me.

Also played some of that Yoshi Wool World jackassery for the Wii U. Charming and lovely looking. It's a little kid game, though. Talking about it is like talking about the latest episode of Elmo's World.

Halo 5 is out next week, so finishing off Uncharted and fucking around with the Wii U will be on the week's menu.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I pulled a Mass Effect, and jumped right into Uncharted 2 after beating 1 last night. Just so much better a game.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Every steam punk thing will be crushed under SLH Prius treads.

No tolerance, no love, only strength and the nobility of steel. Every steampunk is food for baby panzers.

Corn cob pipe. Propeller beanie. Wind up watch for catching the train. Antique brass dildo. We train the iron hounds of SLH to despise this scent...
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I dig DOOM. I dig Mario Maker. New DOOM comes with an easy to use level editor. I might fall down right through the middle of the Earth.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I'd be all over this if I was a COD fan. Pickle sights :lol:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

SFV PC beta at 5pm today!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW